• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Divinely Deleterious Effects of _Fellowship Adventures_

Zoof

In the days leading up to the Fellowship Adventures, an event decreed by the Gods of the World, a few snippets of conversations can be found in one particular Elven city. All of which speak of dread at the disastrous urban renewal projects that the Lord of the City thrusts upon its soon-to-be-beleaguered citizens. The following are real events, happening to real people, with real consequences. Be not afraid.
The contents that follows are translated from their original language, vetted by the many scholars employed by the Zoof Foundation. All transcripts are verified to be faithful to the original language.
---
Faelyn: "Oh woe betide us all, for The Great Upheaval shall smite us all with poverty and fel labors!"
Castien: "Shut up! We'll get through these 'Adventures' just like we've always gotten through them. May our Lord have mercy on us and our children"
---
[The notes indicate flashes of blue light raining down upon the city]
Kesefeon: "Whelp. There goes all the Elixir and Crystal manufactories. Beautiful places, they were. I hope we'll see them again."
Ruven: "Oh hell no! I'm out of a job! Along with a few thousand of my co-workers..."
Jassin: "Uh... guys? The blue light's attacking our homes too..."
---
Castien: "Got our new work orders. Time to start crafting a bunch of toolboxes..."
Faelyn: "Oh woe betide us all, for our children sleepeth on dirt paths this come night!"
Castien: "Oh shut up already. Go to the Golden Abyss like everyone else and cuddle up to some of those roving visitors while you're at it."
---
Elluin: "At least we aren't all homeless. Those working conditions, though. It's either digging for marble in a mine that'll barely fit a goblin, a tree that somehow grows already-made planks, or those shoddy tables that our Lord keeps insisting is a 'workshop'. Ah well. At least we get to pick which one of the many, many places to put in a day's labor. As long as it puts food on the table..."
Castien: "You wanna come help make us some toolboxes? We got an order for over a hundred of them"
Elluin: "I guess..."
---
Random Orc: "Where da **** did my fire puppy pit go? I wanted ta feed an pet da doggo..."
---
Random Dwarf: "WHERE'S MY STRAWBERRY ALE!?"
Castien: "Sorry, guv. All the 'shops are busy making toolkits. Be back with ya... soonish?"
Random Dwarf: "BE BACK? I'LL BE BACK WHEN I BREAK YOUR BACK!"
Castien: "Augh! No! I need that to work!"
---
Bemere: "Lord, we're receiving numerous complaints from our fair and upstanding citizens! Some are threatening to establish one of those boorish Human groups that has been the talk of the town. Something called a 'Labor Union'"
Lord ****: "Now, now. No need to get all concerned. The next thing we'll be making is loads of beverages! Gotta stock up on those brewery badges."
Bemere: "Sir? What was that last part?"
Lord ****: "Never you mind. Just send them away and get our tax collectors prepared for the next round."
Bemere: "From where? You put half the houses into cold storage..."
---
Castien: "Thank goodness these ales are cheap and quick to make. Maybe it'll take my mind off..."
Random Dwarf: "GIMMIE MY ALE!!!"
Castien: "No! Stop! I need that to... augh~"
---
Lord ****: "So, run this by me again. After all those toolboxes were made, the dwarves got into the ale supply and started doing WHAT with the toolboxes?"
Bemere: "Sir..."
---
General Rhim: "What the everloving **** did you do to my Sword Dancers!?"
Random Dwarf: "Well... *hic*... your shuffling weenies needed some muscle and grit, so we banged out some these awesome swords and now no one will mess with them! Hahaha!"
---
General Rhim: "My archers!"
Random Dwarf: "Bah. Those pointy sticks ain't nothin! They need to be shooting some real arrows like a real man!"
---
Lord ****: "Well, it could be worse..."
Bemere: "Sir. Half of our Sword Dancer contingent are complaining about broken backs while the other half accidentally... well. There's half of them now."
Lord ****: "Look on the bright side. Our light ranged troops has a heavy ranged option now!"
Bemere: "Sir. They... sir. None of them can actually shoot those monstrosities any further than they can throw them."
Lord ****: "Not my problem! Now. Onto our next project! GIMMIE THOSE CARPENTER BADGES!"
---
Castien: "Another day, another... *sigh*"
Random Dwarf: "MORE ALE!"
---
Bemere: "Sir. The local Golden Abyss is overflowing with our citizens, and they're mingling with the itinerant workers there."
Lord ****: "There's room in the Mountain Halls"
Bemere: "*sigh*... yes sir. Right away, sir."
---
Tanavar: "My Lord, what have you done to this fair city?"
Lord ****: "Getting more badges. Maybe a few thousand more ales will help morale."
Tanavar: "...*sigh*"
---
Castien: "Is it just me or is that Golden Abyss... glowing?"
Rivenor: "Not you! We've been working on building up those wonders since the work orders kept flowing in. I hear My Lord talking something about a Wonder Society? Either way, work's been going real fast lately!"
Castien: "Lucky you..."
Random Dwarf: "WHERE'S MY ALE???"
---
General Rhim: "My Lord, something has to be done about those drunken dwarves! They've collected all the ale, toolboxes, and the advanced..."
Lord ****: "Mm hmm. That's nice. Hey, I've got a few baskets of groceries. You want one?"
General Rhim: "I... y... no. Not now. All the Bud Sorceresses are missing their staves and now they've got nails tied to exceptionally long sticks! You've got to do something!"
Lord ****: "Mmm. I see. Are they still able to set fire to everything?"
General Rhim: "Despite the poorly-fitted equipment, yes. They can."
Lord ****: "Then I don't see what's wrong. Great that they can multiclass to light melee. Keep up the good work!"
General Rhim: *sigh*
---
Random Dwarf: "You stick-armed finger wigglers! You ought to be happy I crafted these fine sword-wands so you can stick it to them as fast as you can fly!"
Bud: *incoherent screaming*

And so it goes. Will this fair city ever recover from the madness? Who knows?

Last edited:

Zoof

Additional excerpts has been found in the ashes of the various workshops that were burned down during the Mage Resupply Incident. Through careful restoration during the post-FA cleanup, we now know more about how the fine citizens of this random but fair Elven city felt about the Fellowship Adventures.
While a valiant effort was made by the Zoof Foundation to restore the records to legibility, some language nuances were lost. Interviews with eyewitnesses were used to fill in the gaps.
---
Castien: "I feel sorry for the guys who were still employed at the Magic Workshop. Even sorrier for my stomach now that the supply of bread kinda stopped."
Faelyn: "Oh woe betide us, for our spouses and our children will be put to rest with nary a crumb in our gullet."
Castien: "Oh shut up, will you? If you want bread, pick up a hammer and go help us fix the magic bakery. Bring your family too while you're at it!"
---
Lord ****: "Muahaha... I've got even more bottled ghosts and guard badges than we can shake a stick at! All because those dwarves decided that putting spikes on those things my golems throw is driving up recruitments and driving away all our enemies!"
Bemere: "Sir? Are you talking to yourself again? Do I need to be recording this?"
Lord ****: "Grk... erh. Ah. No! No no no, that's quite alright. Ah. Get some more sacks of gold for me and rouse the tax collectors!"
Bemere: "Sir. We can't do that. You put the remainder of the residences into stasis, remember? Everyone is either living in the Golden Abyss, the Mountain Halls, or in one of the various Goblin Gift shops or those large sparkling trees that somehow grew during the winter season. None but the Golden Abyss gives off coins"
Lord ****: " *sigh*. Let's go to the spell vault and let's see what we can do."
---
Random Dwarf: "There ya go! A bit of good ol' Dwarven Steel plates to keep that beautiful complexion from getting ruined by those nasty Mist Walkers"
Treant: *confused tree noises*
General Rhim: "GET THE HELL OUT OF MY BARRACKS!"
---
Random Dwarf A: "And... and the General just yelled at me to get out! Those improvements were genius! Real Dwarven Engineering!"
Random Dwarf B: "Ah. There, there. You'll always have a home here at the Bulwark. Dwarven Engineering is always appreciated here! Another ale?"
Random Dwarf A: *glug*
---
Bemere: "Lord, the supplies output is dropping too quickly to replenish! The two remaining Magic Workshops can't keep up, even with those propsperity spells you keep on them! Not even the Towers can take the shortfall!"
Lord ****: " *sigh*... let's go to the spell vault. Again."
---

Records recovery efforts is still ongoing, but it is plain to see that the Fellowship Adventures indeed takes its toll on the brave inhabitants of the cities upon which it is inflicted.

Deleted User - 849777001

Before I ever indulged in a FA...I sensed the frantic chaos. NOW, since experiencing two, I am convinced my it was my 6th sense that forewarned me of the future.

"I have seen the enemy...and they are Us!" Pogo (1948-1975)

Zoof! That was epic!! Loved reading it!!!

You know what's missing though? Your pettable alligator! What happened to that poor guy when all this was going on?

These two:

Faelyn: "Oh woe betide us, ..."
Castien: "Oh shut up, ..."

Every time they were "recorded"...was FIRE! :cool:

Nice job my man, had me laughing in real life!

(The dwarves are little chaos makers eh?)

Last edited:

Myne

Oh Wise One
In the days leading up to the Fellowship Adventures, an event decreed by the Gods of the World, a few snippets of conversations can be found in one particular Elven city. All of which speak of dread at the disastrous urban renewal projects that the Lord of the City thrusts upon its soon-to-be-beleaguered citizens. The following are real events, happening to real people, with real consequences. Be not afraid.
The contents that follows are translated from their original language, vetted by the many scholars employed by the Zoof Foundation. All transcripts are verified to be faithful to the original language.
---
Faelyn: "Oh woe betide us all, for The Great Upheaval shall smite us all with poverty and fel labors!"
Castien: "Shut up! We'll get through these 'Adventures' just like we've always gotten through them. May our Lord have mercy on us and our children"
---
[The notes indicate flashes of blue light raining down upon the city]
Kesefeon: "Whelp. There goes all the Elixir and Crystal manufactories. Beautiful places, they were. I hope we'll see them again."
Ruven: "Oh hell no! I'm out of a job! Along with a few thousand of my co-workers..."
Jassin: "Uh... guys? The blue light's attacking our homes too..."
---
Castien: "Got our new work orders. Time to start crafting a bunch of toolboxes..."
Faelyn: "Oh woe betide us all, for our children sleepeth on dirt paths this come night!"
Castien: "Oh shut up already. Go to the Golden Abyss like everyone else and cuddle up to some of those roving visitors while you're at it."
---
Elluin: "At least we aren't all homeless. Those working conditions, though. It's either digging for marble in a mine that'll barely fit a goblin, a tree that somehow grows already-made planks, or those shoddy tables that our Lord keeps insisting is a 'workshop'. Ah well. At least we get to pick which one of the many, many places to put in a day's labor. As long as it puts food on the table..."
Castien: "You wanna come help make us some toolboxes? We got an order for over a hundred of them"
Elluin: "I guess..."
---
Random Orc: "Where da **** did my fire puppy pit go? I wanted ta feed an pet da doggo..."
---
Random Dwarf: "WHERE'S MY STRAWBERRY ALE!?"
Castien: "Sorry, guv. All the 'shops are busy making toolkits. Be back with ya... soonish?"
Random Dwarf: "BE BACK? I'LL BE BACK WHEN I BREAK YOUR BACK!"
Castien: "Augh! No! I need that to work!"
---
Bemere: "Lord, we're receiving numerous complaints from our fair and upstanding citizens! Some are threatening to establish one of those boorish Human groups that has been the talk of the town. Something called a 'Labor Union'"
Lord ****: "Now, now. No need to get all concerned. The next thing we'll be making is loads of beverages! Gotta stock up on those brewery badges."
Bemere: "Sir? What was that last part?"
Lord ****: "Never you mind. Just send them away and get our tax collectors prepared for the next round."
Bemere: "From where? You put half the houses into cold storage..."
---
Castien: "Thank goodness these ales are cheap and quick to make. Maybe it'll take my mind off..."
Random Dwarf: "GIMMIE MY ALE!!!"
Castien: "No! Stop! I need that to... augh~"
---
Lord ****: "So, run this by me again. After all those toolboxes were made, the dwarves got into the ale supply and started doing WHAT with the toolboxes?"
Bemere: "Sir..."
---
General Rhim: "What the everloving **** did you do to my Sword Dancers!?"
Random Dwarf: "Well... *hic*... your shuffling weenies needed some muscle and grit, so we banged out some these awesome swords and now no one will mess with them! Hahaha!"
---
General Rhim: "My archers!"
Random Dwarf: "Bah. Those pointy sticks ain't nothin! They need to be shooting some real arrows like a real man!"
---
Lord ****: "Well, it could be worse..."
Bemere: "Sir. Half of our Sword Dancer contingent are complaining about broken backs while the other half accidentally... well. There's half of them now."
Lord ****: "Look on the bright side. Our light ranged troops has a heavy ranged option now!"
Bemere: "Sir. They... sir. None of them can actually shoot those monstrosities any further than they can throw them."
Lord ****: "Not my problem! Now. Onto our next project! GIMMIE THOSE CARPENTER BADGES!"
---
Castien: "Another day, another... *sigh*"
Random Dwarf: "MORE ALE!"
---
Bemere: "Sir. The local Golden Abyss is overflowing with our citizens, and they're mingling with the itinerant workers there."
Lord ****: "There's room in the Mountain Halls"
Bemere: "*sigh*... yes sir. Right away, sir."
---
Tanavar: "My Lord, what have you done to this fair city?"
Lord ****: "Getting more badges. Maybe a few thousand more ales will help morale."
Tanavar: "...*sigh*"
---
Castien: "Is it just me or is that Golden Abyss... glowing?"
Rivenor: "Not you! We've been working on building up those wonders since the work orders kept flowing in. I hear My Lord talking something about a Wonder Society? Either way, work's been going real fast lately!"
Castien: "Lucky you..."
Random Dwarf: "WHERE'S MY ALE???"
---
General Rhim: "My Lord, something has to be done about those drunken dwarves! They've collected all the ale, toolboxes, and the advanced..."
Lord ****: "Mm hmm. That's nice. Hey, I've got a few baskets of groceries. You want one?"
General Rhim: "I... y... no. Not now. All the Bud Sorceresses are missing their staves and now they've got nails tied to exceptionally long sticks! You've got to do something!"
Lord ****: "Mmm. I see. Are they still able to set fire to everything?"
General Rhim: "Despite the poorly-fitted equipment, yes. They can."
Lord ****: "Then I don't see what's wrong. Great that they can multiclass to light melee. Keep up the good work!"
General Rhim: *sigh*
---
Random Dwarf: "You stick-armed finger wigglers! You ought to be happy I crafted these fine sword-wands so you can stick it to them as fast as you can fly!"
Bud: *incoherent screaming*

And so it goes. Will this fair city ever recover from the madness? Who knows?
"Stick armed finger wigglers" LOVE it

Zoof

Zoof! That was epic!! Loved reading it!!!

You know what's missing though? Your pettable alligator! What happened to that poor guy when all this was going on?

These two:

Faelyn: "Oh woe betide us, ..."
Castien: "Oh shut up, ..."

Every time they were "recorded"...were FIRE! :cool:

Nice job my man, had me laughing in real life!

(The dwarves are little chaos makers eh?)
:)

These notes were made during a time long ago when my smol Felyndral city was freshly moved out of the Elvenarian Everglades and Fred hitched a ride towards the Northern Rockies. It was a small Human settlement where I began to realize that I wasn't really an Elf all along, but a normal guy who cosplays as He-Who-Wears-Elf-Makeup. The logs above detail the main city where Elven life "flourished" alongside the last vestiges of Orc and Goblin occupation. It was a dark time where there were many mushrooms growing all over everyone's houses and where the upper class needed to check that their toiletries weren't mysteriously replaced with suspicious-looking but "well-crafted" "brown" "bars" of "soap"

But now that Zoofopia, Second of Its Name, has been well-established, I intend to compile notes on the life and strife of my fellow Humans and their obsession with petting things that really ought not to be petted. Along with rising healthcare premiums due to that ridiculously risky but rewarding fascination with keeping not-so-safe critters around. Also, a tendency to invite the Fae-inclined into their homes sometimes with a perpetually-standing invitation. Yeah. Risky. But hey. Mysterious magic magnifying marvelous creatures simply means making magnificently mega-sized brooms for the purpose of giving Kaiju-sized gators some proper backscratches!

I even have a small settlement of Zooftopia, Third of Its Name, floating around. That establishment is what you're familiar with. I swear. Fred's probably the only gator who managed to gain a Planeswalker class for the purpose of getting delicious nomz and backscratches from two cities at the same time!

Also, remind me to remind LisaMV later to remind Loki that Fred worries about his smiley mouth log activities on the second floor of the Spire's frog pond, and hopes that enough people from the fellowship feeds him on the way up the Spire. Even if I repeatedly tell everyone not to feed them

Silver Claws

Also, remind me to remind LisaMV later to remind Loki that Fred worries about his smiley mouth log activities on the second floor of the Spire's frog pond, and hopes that enough people from the fellowship feeds him on the way up the Spire. Even if I repeatedly tell everyone not to feed them
Really Zoof??? After you trained him to chew on our skirts, we have no other choice as to feed him when passing by the pond

Zoof

In a distant land on a world far away, populated not by the (generally) willowy and nature-loving race known to us as Elves, but by the more brutish and practical race known to the rest of us as The Alliance Humans, is established a township that has a special relationship to a small subsection of Nature. And as is the nature of Humans, they (by and large) cannot resist the laying and rubbing of hands upon the heads, chins, and backs of other creatures and beings regardless of the target's suitability for such treatment.

These are transcripts from one such town, formerly situated in the Everglades of Felyndral, as they grappled with the problems that descended upon all from on high to these unfortunate lesser beings. A problem that is a scourge to all sapient life forms known only to its afflicted as "Fellowship Adventures".
Translation services supplied to this post by the Zoof Foundation.

---

Thomas: Urgh. What's this blue light going on? Wait. What? Where's the scroll factories going? The hell? HEY! You! What the hell's going on?
Random Townsfolk A: Didn't you hear? A new round of Fellowship Adventures are coming around and our Lord wanted to free up some space for some... uh. Urban re...new...al?
Thomas: What? Dammit! That was my job! What the hell am I going to do now?
Random Townsfolk A: I dunno? Take a minimum wage job in one of the new shacks that're popping up all over the place?
Thomas: That no good... ****! The Labor Union's gonna hear about this, I swear!

---

Bob: Yo! Buddy! What's the hold up on the research? I wanna get crackin' on that newfangled portal we're supposed to get! Also, drinking buddies...
Russel: Sorry! Can't do anything 'bout that; our Lord wanted ALL the space we had leftover dedicated to nothing but workshops and mini marble mines. Look on the bright side! We're gonna be getting loads and loads of ale for the next week.
Bob: *sigh*. I guess?

---

Faelyn: ᎧᏂ ᏇᎧᏋ ᏰᏋᏖᎥᎴᏋ ᏬᏕ, ᎦᎧᏒ ᎧᏬᏒ ፈᏂᎥᏝᎴᏒᏋᏁ ᏗᏁᎴ ᏂᏬᏕᏰᏗᏁᎴᏕ ᏕᏂᏗᏝᏝ ᏰᏋ ᏋᎷᎮᏖᎩ ᎧᎦ ᏕᏖᎧᎷᏗፈᏂ ᏗᏁᎴ ᎴᏒᎩ ᎧᎦ ᏇᏗᏖᏋᏒ!
Thomas: The hell is this? The hell are you?
Aaron: Oh, that's just a visitor from some faraway village hidden in a forest. Pay no mind to her. Or if you must, tell her to shut up or something.

---

Lord ****: Excellent! The first stages of the project is a success! Bellum! Order all the new workshops to start making beverages post-haste!
Bellum: Yes, sir. What about the large workshops?
Lord ****: Ah, yes. Ah. They can keep doing whatever they want, like they always have. Gotta keep the Labor Union from striking somehow.
Bellum: But, sir. They already are?
Lord ****: Not when we throw them all a booze bash and open up the Main Hall pond for extended visitations. And a petting zoo! Kept away from the pond, of course.
Bellum: Sir? Are you sure that's wise? The town's health insurance premiums...
Lord ****: No worries. We'll just have all the visitors sign waivers. And equip them with pushbrooms so we can say we did our due diligence.
Bellum: But... none of them can read. Or write...

---

Billy: come 'ere Fred! I've got some delicious for you to try...
Fred:
1667682379051.png
1667682379051.png
1667682379051.png
1667682379051.png

Billy: Augh! My hand! Mom! Fred bit me again!
Fred:
1667682379051.png
1667682379051.png
1667682379051.png
1667682379051.png

Billy's Mom: *sigh*. *waves Stick of Gator Discouragement*
Fred:
1667682379051.png
1667682379051.png
1667682379051.png
1667682379051.png

---

Thomas: This whole town's turned into such a cesspool! No more scrolls! Just steel manufactories, tiny rock caves, and smoking dumpster fires for as far as the eye can see. At least we get free booze and stuff. Put 'er there, Loki!
Loki:
1667682379051.png
1667682379051.png
1667682379051.png
1667682379051.png

Thomas: Augh! My hand!

---

Lord ****: Looks like things are going great! Gotta get more badges! A bit of beverage backstocked aaaaand... there! Now we can go make groceries to feed everyone, then we'll make 'em make tools and toolboxes!
Bellum: Sir. The Labor Union is still complaining. Also, we have some visitors.
Lord ****: Oh! Visitors! Ohey, it's Fred's brother! Come over here and lemmie get a good look at you!
FBob:
1667682379051.png
1667682379051.png
1667682379051.png
1667682379051.png

Lord ****: Augh! My hand!

---

Thomas: Aaron! I got me a new job! Fast-tracked too! I'm on the team that's gonna make the shiny hole in the ground even shinier!
Aaron: Congrats! But... you know, they're just going to shove more people down there to draw up more gold, right?
Thomas: Eh. Not my problem!
Distant Noise from the Hole:
1667682379051.png
1667682379051.png
1667682379051.png
1667682379051.png

Distant Sound from the Hole: Augh! My hand!

---

Lord ****: Ah. Welp. That's taken care of. Next report, please?
Bellum: Yes sir, right away sir. *puts away bandages*
Lord ****: Hmm. Says right here that the new priests that're being trained for those sweet sweet guard badges are having problems with their magic. Something about... injuries?
Bellum: That appears correct, sir. May I suggest restricting access to the pond until AFTER the safety briefings?
Lord ****: Safety... briefings? What is that?

---
Priest A: Come here, little guy...
FRandy:
1667682379051.png
1667682379051.png
1667682379051.png
1667682379051.png

Priest A: Augh! My hand!
General Brax: DAMMIT RECRUIT! STOP PETTING THE GATORS AND GET A FREAKING BROOM!
Priest B: Augh! My hand!

---

Next time, on Divinely Deleterious Effects of Fellowship Adventures: Town leadership makes questionable decisions! Local army armed but nibbled! The Labor Union suffers yet another defeat against the whims of fate! Things are falling apart, but will it ever recover? To find out how, tune in next time, on Dragon Ball Z DDEoFA!
This post was made with far less care than the others. But it had to be done. A tribute to Fred needed to be made.
EDIT2: Turns out, the gator emoji won't post. Had to add that in manually.

Deleted User - 849777001

Zoofie WordsWorth...your future is assured as "FA Reporter Most Beloved!"
I love the characters you interview!