• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Elvenar!

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Actually, they are not, they are much, much worse than that. (I'll quote part of my text there, with the exact numbers)

The real problem is in the amount of space, pop and culture needed to produce a comparable amount of goods. So I'm looking at my factories, all same level, all same boost (700% relics, 100% from the Mountain Halls)
Lvl 27 steel : 3960/3hours on 4x5, 6529 pop, 1690 culture.
Lvl 27 scrolls: 4860/3hours on 4x6, 10968 pop, 3499 culture
Lvl 27 dust : 5040/3hours on 5x5, 13057 pop, 4165 culture

So per square production is 198 : 202,5 : 201.6 which is well within reasonable comparison rates, with T1 being the lowest of the lot.
And the requirements per square are
pop requirement ratio 326,45 : 457 : 522.28, or 1 : 1.40 : 1.60
culture requirement ratio 84,5 : 145,79 : 166,6, or 1 : 1.72 : 1.97

So if we are just looking at the per square requirements, the ratio would be close to something like 2:3:4

In a calculation all variables should be used as input, a factory is much bigger than just its own space.

For a factory to run you need supplies (workshops), workers (houses) and all these buildings need culture, each of these values can be assigned to a certain amount of in game space. as this is the true limiting factor in this game, it all runs around space.
So in any calculation you need to consider the space required for the whole chain that leads up the production nog just a single part of it.

Thats the whole reason the current star system is out of whack, it only considers 1 part (coins and supplies) and ignores everything else.

Also since timon is no longer part of the elvenar team, there is another "mister (or miss) balance", I have a bit more confidence in this person.
Since the problem is now acknowledged and a number has been picked, I am somewhat assuming we will see the math on factories be balanced towards this number for furure chapters. making a more balanced production chain overall instead of what it is.

Instead of we do "something" I hope the will go to the direction of we doing something that makes sense.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2870

In a calculation all variables should be used as input, a factory is much bigger than just its own space.

For a factory to run you need supplies (workshops), workers (houses) and all these buildings need culture, each of these values can be assigned to a certain amount of in game space. as this is the true limiting factor in this game, it all runs around space.
So in any calculation you need to consider the space required for the whole chain that leads up the production nog just a single part of it.

Thats the whole reason the current star system is out of whack, it only considers 1 part (coins and supplies) and ignores everything else.

Also since timon is no longer part of the elvenar team, there is another "mister (or miss) balance", I have a bit more confidence in this person.
Since the problem is now acknowledged and a number has been picked, I am somewhat assuming we will see the math on factories be balanced towards this number for furure chapters. making a more balanced production chain overall instead of what it is.

Instead of we do "something" I hope the will go to the direction of we doing something that makes sense.

That's why I took the same level buildings and the output PER SQUARE. And that output is pretty much the same. It doesn't always look like it because of the different sizes, but overall the output per square is within a reasonable variation.

But my post already mentioned that T3 requires WAY less pop and culture than the 16x value difference would suggest.

I also mentioned the 16:4:1 is correct if one only looks at the cost in supplies and gold.

The whole point of my post was to show the incorrect scaling of pop and culture which is why the balance is so off and why the ratio is wrong

neeronie

If you are thinking that I don't offer fair trades you misunderstood my post. We have our members who need help post in chat. When one of our members agrees to supply the goods, the Fellow who needs the goods put the trade up in Trader and the agreeing Fellow takes it. It is all done in house. If I put a cross trade in for map partners, it is a generous 3 star, not a just enough to make it a 3 star. There are map neighbors who have helped me out and I show my appreciation with thank you message and if I can, I drop a few KP in one of their Ancient Wonders. Making trading partners of players on you map is another way to enjoy the game. Actually, the best way to get your trade accepted is to offer your boosted at a discount, not a premium.

I have to say; I started the Elvenar when it started. And I have now reached complete boredom. Almost at the end, but I can see that taking many more weeks as well. Of all the chapters, this one, in my opinion, is the worst. There's nothing interesting going on, for all this time involved. No rearranging, no strategy, just mindless producing hours and hours of products and then starting all over again. Finally disappointed with this game.