• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Elvenar!

Deleted User - 3932582

I feel sorry for f2p players. I stopped playing my town back in amuni and even there I was basically down to 1 normal and 1 sentient factory of each boost. With a bunch of wonders for military and space was very tight. I would hate to think what I would have to do on that town to get through ch 15, potentially be forced to drop all normal factories which would have its own issues.
All chapters are still doable for F2P players (I am one of them). The last chapter may indeed require some tough choices, or it will take a long, long time.

Pheryll

Set Designer
You say that like they are consistent with other things?
As was previously discussed when the halfling chapter was released, they had never before made any indication of which direction was north. Elvenarchitect gave one interpretation with the mountains (under this one building dimensions are horizontal x vertical), but it may well be that the valley (where the spire is) was intended north (here building dimensions are vertical x horizontal)

Last edited:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
This is the most boring chapter yet! I'm really not a fan of them substituting insanely high productions for interesting content. The very beginning was the usual 'fun' of trying to figure out how to make room. Then getting the guest race started was par for the course. BUT then the brakes go on and it turned completely boring just doing the same thing day after day to get the crazy high # of required whatever :( I thank they could have made this so much more interesting if they would have just continued the combinations switching up or something like that instead of blatantly just slowing things down with insane quantities. I like the concept but the execution is a real disappointment after such a long wait.

Adding: But very happy to get the expansions! Just waiting for a good % sale and a couple hundred diamonds from wishing wells to get the 2 premium ones :D

Last edited:

DeletedUser19417

Dear Humans and elves,

Please use this thread for your feedback on our newest race, The Elvenar! You can read the announcement here.

We would love to hear what you think!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Just starting XV Elvenar. Can I get rid of all the constructs now - engines, zoos, assembly etc? Or will I need them in a quest? Sure would like to restructure some....

Theerisian

SunsetDanar

This is the most boring chapter yet! I'm really not a fan of them substituting insanely high productions for interesting content. The very beginning was the usual 'fun' of trying to figure out how to make room. Then getting the guest race started was par for the course. BUT then the brakes go on and it turned completely boring just doing the same thing day after day to get the crazy high # of required whatever :( I thank they could have made this so much more interesting if they would have just continued the combinations switching up or something like that instead of blatantly just slowing things down with insane quantities. I like the concept but the execution is a real disappointment after such a long wait.

Adding: But very happy to get the expansions! Just waiting for a good % sale and a couple hundred diamonds from wishing wells to get the 2 premium ones :D

I agree with the insane amount of S Goods required. Most must be traded for and if you don't have the capability to produce any of the the three S Goods required then decay makes you try again the next day. I'm two days just trying to get Academies unlocked and losing the rest of what I have that's needed to decay each night when my trades are not accepted and having to start anew with that each day. This is only 90K so trying to do this on a 300K requirement for residences and similar for Main Hall Barracks ans so on...seems out of reach...

Pheryll

Set Designer
Just starting XV Elvenar. Can I get rid of all the constructs now - engines, zoos, assembly etc? Or will I need them in a quest? Sure would like to restructure some....

Theerisian

If you did the quests of the construct chapter, you will notice one of the later ones tells you to sell your portal. You can either keep your construct buildings to do any quests you may have missed or skip (if needed) to the Elvenar chapter quests and delete your construct buildings.

DeletedUser6085

Most players are talking about the buildings, which I agree take up a lot of space. My complaint is like a few here; the costs are way too high. If this is any indication of how the game will continue, the next chapter will be totally impossible to do. I don't want to spend months or a year finishing one chapter. I hear so many players complaining about the cost and some are quitting their big cities because it is so difficult to get through all the Sentient goods and Elvenar productions required.

T6583

I'm a couple of weeks into Chapter 15 now. The buildings are absolutely beautiful in my opinion so great job on the artwork. However the shear number of goods required and how time consuming it is has definitely taken some of the fun out of the game. I'm running 2 of each Sentient Goods factories. I can't support more at this time. KP isn't a problem but getting 350+ sentient goods is. I'm also seriously struggling with orc production, currently have 4 fully leveled armories (looking at doing a 5th), a lvl 6 Heroes Forge, and some Orc Nests. There's designing to slow people down (Dwarves, Orcs Chapters anyone; which I know alot of people disliked those chapters and have heard that these chapters have also caused people to leave the game) but can still allow people to get through in a reasonable amount of time and then there's making things too slow. I''ve heard several people already state that mathmatically it will take them 1 year to 2 years to do this chapter. I'm thinking it will take me around 6 months at least at this rate which seems really long when you're used to doing a chapter every 2-3 months. I've already been hearing from other Ch 15 players that this chapter isn't fun / it's taken some of the fun out of the game, others have quit or decided that they will not be moving on to Ch 15. I'm not sure about anyone else but I'm starting to have issues keeping some of my long term players due to alot of these changes lately in this game (this includes events). The Autumn event soured 2 of my players so badly they quit. In the past few weeks I've lost an additional few players who have decided that their time is better spent doing other things than playing this game because it's no longer fun. This saddens me because I really enjoy this game.

Deleted User - 3932582

There is always someone who is unhappy with something, this seems to be a constant theme.

- People finish Constructs in a month, then are unhappy that there is nothing to do for 6+ months until the next chapter
- Elvenar is designed to be a longer chapter so it can be done while waiting for the next chapter to come - they can't drop new chapters every month
- Even if they could do new chapters every month, then people would be complaining that it is too much and they're forced to do it and burn out (e.g. see events)

Chapter XV can be done in less than 60 days if one really pushes for it (that's F2P). But you don't have to. If you're not in a rush, just do it over several months, and admire the artwork while doing so. Also, this chapter gives you a target and an incentive to further optimize your city - if you've done all the chapters, there is really no need for further improvements unless you want to improve your tournament performance. Now you have something to shoot for.

T6583

@MinMax I can't disagree with you there. It's probably I just need to have more patience. As I said I'm used to going faster. I'm still logging in multiple times a day and enjoying the game so I'm not going anywhere. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to handle the costs of things though. Guess I'll be upgrading alot of AW's when I'm in tech locks which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

DeletedUser6085

Chapter XV can be done in less than 60 days if one really pushes for it (that's F2P). But you don't have to. If you're not in a rush, just do it over several months, and admire the artwork while doing so. Also, this chapter gives you a target and an incentive to further optimize your city - if you've done all the chapters, there is really no need for further improvements unless you want to improve your tournament performance. Now you have something to shoot for.

I like the soft blues and overall look of the artwork; but, frankly, the fact that everything looks the same is a big turn-off for me. It's like going into a subdivision to look at a house to buy and seeing they all look exactly alike. A little more variation in the buildings would have been nice.

Just for the record, I don't mind the length of time that it takes. What I do mind is everyone struggling to get the Sentient goods they need.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Well, if someone struggles with any goods in this game (sentient or not), the answer is to build additional capacity. That, or adjust expectations ;)

On E the demand for moonstone is down to 69 pages from running 100+ pages for a while. That has nothing to do with building more mfg. That has to do with an imbalance in the boosted goods. When what seems like a majority need stupid high quantities of the same thing it is very frustrating. I think that shows that they have enough of their boosted sentient goods but not enough available trades in the trader.

Deleted User - 3932582

That has nothing to do with building more mfg. That has to do with an imbalance in the boosted goods.
That's a fair point, all worlds have some sentient goods that are in short supply. The solution for now is still more manufacturing though. If you overproduce your boost, you can afford posting at better rates than most of your competition, so you are in front of the line. In my experience, even though a good is hard to get, most of the trades standing are still posted at 1:1. I post at 1.25:1 for hard to find stuff (or even higher sometimes), and usually get fills within a couple of hours.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I am in no way rushing through this chapter, partly because I do not feel the need to now that I am caught up of all the previous ones, and partly because I only have one of each boosted sentient factory right now. I am also being more casual as I wait for my wishing wells to expire in another 27 days. At my pace, it looks like I will start researching the Vault about a month after the chapter was added, and I am fine with that, but I also know that soon I will also be able to start using my Portal Profits to finish some research much more quickly.

Deleted User - 3932582

I am in no way rushing through this chapter, partly because I do not feel the need to now that I am caught up of all the previous ones, and partly because I only have one of each boosted sentient factory right now.
With just one for each tier, you will have problems reaching gating amounts (300-400K) due to decay. Nevermind doing it in any reasonable amount of time.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@MinMax Gamer I'm doing OK with 1 T4 & 1 T5. I am almost done leveling up my 2nd T6 since on GoK it is T6 that is the highest amount to do the research tree. I do post 110% - 125% trades so I don't have much of a problem. It takes so long to get enough from the new buildings that I'm not having trouble doing that.

@Enevhar Aldarion It takes a while and the guest buildings built before you can even use portal profit spells. Then they just don't seem as efficient as in prior chapters. I think they did that as another way to slow it down.