• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The FA is unwell

Fjfif

I don't think having a lockout to join a fellowship prior to the start of the fellowship adventure is a good idea. You’re eliminating a small portion of the player base that inno wants to keep that is the new players by having a lockout.
Inno will have the analytics to determine the number of new players who would join within two weeks of an FA and also join a fellowship. I would think this is a non-zero number.

BrinDarby

Im not in favor of increasing lockout periods.
I'm not in favor of player swaps, if ya want to
be in a FA FS, then do it and recruit like minded
players for the long haul.
I am in favor of using exsisting rules to ur adv.
I'm in favor of playing within the spirit of the rules.

Having said all of that, I think we ( the players ) are
in total agreement FAs need to be fix'd. I'm sure we
won't agree on how its fix'd (sigh), but therein lies
the holy grail.......:eek: a contest.... for the best re-think
of the FA. I'm talking details, a well designed contest
would brainstorm ( for free ), creative Ideas even the
Devs haven't thought up yet. Yes, it would have be
"doable" for the Devs. Something less likely to be
exploited, yet more likely to be Fun .....

Alram

Flippers just flip
And they could put unbreakable timers on the flags so that they only unlock after 36 hours, like the event daily quests unlock.
The first 36 hours, map 1 is open, then map 2 unlocks, 36 hours more, map 3 unlocks and the pit opens 36 hours later.

Last edited:

Sodbury

I've only participated in two Fellowship Adventures, and I've already seen all I need to see.

Players that go all out, turning their city into a sea of workshops, or even swapping out cities custom-built for adventures-- they've found ways to enjoy the Adventures again and again. I'd hesitate to do anything to interfere with their fun.

Fjfif

As a charter member of Contrarians for the Fun of It, I applaud your arrival on these opposite shores. Here the waves don't crash on the land, the land crashes on the waves. And that, is how it should be!

AJ
I am but a young grasshopper, thank you to you and Lelanya for showing me the way.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
@Fjfif

I just realized that you went up against Starfleet! They have multiple fellowships on every single world. If they put out an FA call to battle they can pull troops from far flung corners of the quadrant. Abandon hope, or join them.

Firefly1921

One thing no one seems to have commented on, that is in Fjfif’s initial post, is that the FA is a "fellowship" adventure. To me, that means the group of players you have formed a friendship with and help each other progress in the game with is the team you also do the tourney with, the spire and FAs. My FS approaches the FA as a way to advance comradery within the FS, and I believe that is the intent of a FA, "fellowship" adventure. But if fellowships are constantly removing and adding members just to take first place in the FA, there is a break in the concept of the FA.

I understand the concerns that if there is are restrictions put on who is eligible to play in a FA that this would work against those who are looking for a new FS to join. The problem is the alt cities that are built purposely to produce certain badges. These cities join the FS just for the FA, then leave after it is over and just sit there until the next FA comes along. These cities are certainly not joining the FS in the sense of building fellowship and comradery. If all they are interested in is the FA, why not create a FS just for that - or would they not feel like they are playing the game any more because they are all just sitting there waiting for the next FA?

And they could put unbreakable timers on the flags so that they only unlock after 36 hours, like the event daily quests unlock.
The first 36 hours, map 1 is open, then map 2 unlocks, 36 hours more, map 3 unlocks and the pit opens 36 hours later.
I like this idea from Alram. But I would change the timers so there were only a few hours left at the end for the pit. My feeling is they added the pit just in case FSs got through the first three stages so they had something to do anyway. This would definitely level out the game.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
Some players are not playing the other aspects of the game. They love the FA, some players created alt accounts so they could FA with them. That is the whole reason some of these cities exist, to FA. The FA is literally some players favorite part of the entire game. I might make fun of them with my endless spire alts, but I really don't see why they should be prevented from playing their cities exactly how and when they want to.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Maybe Inno should split the FA into two Leagues: Casual and Hardcore. A fellowship has to choose which one to participate in before the FA begins. Hardcore would be the current version and Casual would not come with any extra ranking prizes or the Pit. As soon as a team doing Casual collects the Stage 3 prizes, the whole FA system disappears from all their cities and they can go about their normal play. That way, Inno can change and tighten up the rules for the Hardcore League without making it harder on the ones who just want, or need, the Stage prizes.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
The thing is, an organization like Starfleet can draw from a large pool of players, but many of them are friends across different fellowships and even worlds. What they've created (we are not part of them anymore, btw) is a fellowship pool. Anybody can do it and anybody can draw from the spool for specific goals within a particular fellowship. That's the power of being organized. It's also what I'm trying to do with league play.

@Enevhar Aldarion I agree. But we players can do it too. We can have our own ranking system based upon leagues of all sorts of sizes and purposes. Like bowling we can use the game as the "sport" and organize our own system. If it gets big enough and subscribed to enough it will out shine the ranking system in the game too. And to me that's what would make it successful.

Aj

Flashfyre

@Fjfif

I just realized that you went up against Starfleet! They have multiple fellowships on every single world. If they put out an FA call to battle they can pull troops from far flung corners of the quadrant. Abandon hope, or join them.
I happen to be in one of the Starfleet affiliated FSs on Felyndral, and we often swap members for events, Tourney and Spire pushes. Sometimes one of the fleet FSs that isn't gold-Spiring every week, for example, will announce a "push week" and anyone not able (or willing) to make that commitment is encouraged to swap to one of the other FSs. Likewise, one or more of those members, who want to participate in the push but whose home FS isn't making one, will swap into the push one.
We haven't, to the best of my knowledge, done this for an FA, but I can't see why that would be a problem. Some of my current FS members are well into a guest race chapter and don't have the space to build a decent shanty-town; if one of our fleet FSs was designated as the "gold star" FA one, I can see those members who have the desire to help make a high-scoring run swapping out of their home FSs and joining it.

Firefly1921

@ajqtrz What do you mean by a league? Do you mean you form a group of FSs that want to compete against each other, forget about the FA score board and determine who wins within your league group only? So your FS could be 25th in the FA, but 1st within your league?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
So what do all the big FA players have in common that makes them able to do what they do? They have the space and/or the diamonds. That's it. The diamonds we can't fix and Inno probably wouldn't want to fix it. But the space we can. Here's how: We limit the number of lvl 1 workshops and T1 buildings you can have at one time. Say 50 of each. Now that's still a fair bit of territory, but not so much that those building FA farm cities can just out-build everybody. It still allows for the building of FA competitive cities, but it also increases the number of competitive fellowships while still allowing fellowships to get through the FA stages.

Another advantage is simply that to get that high score you can't rely on three, four, or five massive -- 250 workshops or more -- heavy hitters but have to get everybody working together. And that, I think, is the real determiner of a successful FA team.

And, finally, it will force those who buy the FA top slot to spend a lot more. Inno's got to love that!

That's my proposal.

AJ
I don't have an FA farm city. I have a regular city. I simply never use teleports except for the FA. So I teleport just about everything massive in order to have my huge shanty town. (only on push FAs)

If I kept cities in my fellowship just for farming FAs, then that's one thing and I wouldn't mind Inno limiting that. But to say I can't teleport my buildings in order to have a huge amount of workshops doesn't seem fair. I mean, everyone can do it if they want to. If they want to use their teleports in other ways and keep manufacturing goods or gaining things from event buildings, etc, during the FAs, then they should accept the fact that they won't get as far ahead as I do. It's a tradeoff. I choose to lose the stuff that I'd get from the buildings for that week in order to do more in the FA. I should be able to make that choice.

I wish we could do something about buying the FAs with diamonds, but Inno is not going to change that part.

Making more maps with more prizes before entering the mind-numbing pit would certainly help the FA.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
@Darielle
Why should Inno prevent me from spending my diamonds in the FA? Anyone can do it. If they choose to spend them elsewhere, that's ok too.
Yeah, I know that's true. I just wish there were ways for the fellowships with a lot of dedication to win the FAs even without spending diamonds. But I guess that involves having a huge network of swap-able players.

Maybe I just yearn for the good old days when you didn't need diamonds or a network. You just had to rally the troops and work hard. I miss that.