• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Faeries/Orc Wall - Suggestion for longevity if the game <3

DeletedUser18658

Hello all <3 I started playing 7/4/18, so my 1 year anniversary is quickly approaching (don't worry, you don't have to get me anything :p) I've heard of the "wall" people hit when they approach Orcs, Some say it's because Orc phase is ugly, others because of the time demand of gameplay...I find myself hitting this wall & have lost friends recently to the same.

First, I love this game. I've met some truly wonderful people that I consider real friends & I look forward to seeing them every day. Honestly, the reason I log back in is 50% game & 50% to see the people that I've come to care about. Now, a lot of my friends are also hitting this 'wall' & I see them go quiet, or retire their cities, or outright quit the game. I am heartbroken. As I see them go, I withdraw & become silent also, logging in to do my city chores & then logging off. I don't want to dwindle away as some of my friends have. I don't wish to see others dwindle away or become overwhelmed & outright quit. Here are some things that may help to keep folks interested & playing....we all love the friendships here & don't want to see our friends leave...maybe this could help?

Perhaps, another week or 2 in between events/adventures so folks can build their cities? I used to <3 hearing an FA was coming, but now, I hear & I say Oh God No lol. Most of us have made multiple cities...the early city days are slow going, so you make another & another & then see you get diamonds for passing phases, so make another & another...pretty soon, you find yourself w/a ton of cities that can't survive solo, so you join FS' where you make more friends & spend more time. Then, when an FA comes around you have 6 cities working them. What was fun, just became a job. So, you work your butt off, along w/everyone else & get past the FA...you can breath a little. For a couple of days, then, here comes an event or adventure. Any room you free'd up after the FA, is now spoken for & can't be used for building.

Not sure what my suggestion would be when you hit Faeries/Orcs...but the time demand seems to quadruple per city (to me at least). By this time, you've been playing about a year & have gotten into a solid habit that maintains your city, until Faeries. Then the cities you could set for 1 or 2 day productions all of the sudden require 1-3 hour babysitting. Which in of itself is fine ;) But when you factor multiple cities all coming of age about the same time, it is straight up overwhelming. Again, I don't know what to suggest for this, it's not the game's fault I've made cities on all worlds o_O

I guess this may have been more of a chronology of my game than suggestion lol...but if I'm hitting this wall, possibly others are too & that's why they're leaving the game? In short, I think the biggest help would be to possibly give us another week or two in between adventures/events so we can breath & build our cities a bit w/out the stress?

Sorry for venting, thank you for your time. I appreciate all you do <3 Have a great night!

DeletedUser9601

First, I don't think Fairies is a "wall." I think the general consensus is that its a well-designed guest race, and it doesn't run that long. Its only a "wall" in the sense that, starting in Fairies, you might have a lot shorter productions than you might be used to. But that's true for all of the guest races going forward. And its why most people have one "main" city, and a few other side cities. It would take a lot of time to carry 3-4 cities through the guest race chapters at the same pace, and remain active in the FAs/tourneys.

But the Orc wall is definitely real. I think they should come up with some sort of event building that gives a few more portal profit spells only when you're in Orcs. Or they should go back in and reduce the guest race goods needed for certain techs.

But I'd also recommend dumping a city or two. You built those cities when you didn't have enough to do. Now you have too much to do. So I think it follows that you no longer 'need' some of those cities. It might be sad to see that progress lost, or to leave some FS members.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I suspect the Fairies/Orc wall refers to "the wall between Fairies and orcs," rather than two walls.

It's not as bad as it used to be, for those who figure out how to get best use from portal profits. In one city I've only got seven techs left in orcs, and have 29 mushroom farms and a single rally point at level one, because the only thing I've done with it is make debris to level the portal. Everything else has come from instants. My entire guest space:
upload_2019-6-13_8-7-30.png

DeletedUser2870

With all due respect, orcs WERE a wall when first introduced. The need for orcs to scout any further, the need for orcs to build/upgrade some buildings and the long time that chapter took all contributed to that.

BUT...newer players can speed through that chapter much sooner than the ones who entered that when it was first created. There are event-buildings and craftable buildings that give you additional orcs, so even players who do not fight and have only 1 armory (or even none) can still get orcs.
Then there are the portal-goods instants. They can be crafted, gained from events and gotten from some buildings. These are an excellent way of helping you get through the orc-chapter.

And as @Ashrem very rightly stated: if you are playing 6 cities, that very likely was because you had the time to do so. You don't have to get them through that chapter all at once. I used to have something like 10 cities, spread out over servers in 7 different countries. Now I'm down to 1 and only occasionally look into the other ones. Just a matter of how much time one can spend.
If you feel the game is getting to be a chore, you may want to think about which ones you want to continue with, and which ones can go to a lower cycle of activity.