• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Fairy Queen's Garden

Aritra

I like that the "or" option was broken apart (separate status bars) but would be nice if the OR was a bit more prominent. I boosted a scout and then realized I didn't need to because quest was fulfilled already by having done the others. Yes, pay attention. That's usually my soapbox (and still is) but the "or" is fairly small and blends in a bit by being similar to background (only a thin box around it to set it apart). Now I specifically check to make sure it is or isn't there because it isn't something that jumps out. *shrug*

update: I just revisited my city. I'm on a quest that doesn't have an "or" option so I'm going by memory, but at the moment it appears the "or" would stand out better than I remember. Browser said a couple of hours ago (I think) something about an update coming. Was the background color changed from green to brown (with status bar still green) changed in the last six hours? If the "or" remains green, it will be an improvement over the appearances that caused me to miss it. If the quest box background hasn't changed since this morning, then I'm confused about what went wrong (for me) this morning. o_O [to be fair, if you want to get picky, the brown I mentioned is really a very-very dark green]

Aritra

ONE REQUEST: STOP pushing your religion on the rest of the world.
What are you referring to? To come up now and in this thread, I have the impression your complaint is directed at the event. If you're referring to the "games of chance" aspect, well, those are all over the place within regular game play, not just the event.
I don't really want to start a whole thing with this, but I also am quite curious what the heck you're talking about.

Kawhi is a Raptor

i was just hoping for a decent hybrid building in the dailys but looks like i'll be focusing solely on troop instants

(by decent i mean even just 85% of the pop/tile of GGG/Venars/W Star types)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
i was just hoping for a decent hybrid building in the dailys but looks like i'll be focusing solely on troop instants

(by decent i mean even just 85% of the pop/tile of GGG/Venars/W Star types)

There are still two more daily prizes to be revealed on Beta, though they are likely to be second appearances of a couple of the new buildings. But we won't know for sure until Wednesday evening.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Why did the Open Quests need to be same color as Finished Quests? I can understand the Fairy-Queen's Garden might need to be green...but the exact same shade as well. Now when the Quests tab turns green to show somethings been completed, I can no longer easily identify which Quest has been fulfilled and set off the tab. This is going to make for one long green week.

Peace
Blindsider66

But that is how it has always been on the mobile app. A finished quest is a finished quest and they are always the same shade of green. Regular quests, event quests, FA quests. All the same.

Blindsider66

But that is how it has always been on the mobile app. A finished quest is a finished quest and they are always the same shade of green. Regular quests, event quests, FA quests. All the same.

Are the Quests always Green before they are finished? no! So why should a Quest in progress be the same color as one you have just completed?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Are the Quests always Green before they are finished? no! So why should a Quest in progress be the same color as one you have just completed?

If that is what you are seeing, then you need to report it as a bug, because that is not normal, and sounds like what happened in a couple of the FAs.

CrusaderMichael

So, I'm in dwarves... i'm set up pretty good BUT...

Now i get weeks of Fairy Queen stuff.... about the time i finish with dwarves i get a fairies chapter....

I can guarantee you by the time this event is over the fairies will NOT be welcome here as a guest race.

Plus, i just don't like fairies in general.

On a side note... at least i finally got a bathroom building. Been holding it in for months.

Kekune

If that is what you are seeing, then you need to report it as a bug, because that is not normal, and sounds like what happened in a couple of the FAs.
I see the same thing, but I don't think it's a bug. The unfinished fairy quests are green on mobile, but a different shade of green from the completed quests. So there IS a difference, but it is also confusing. I much prefer the open quests to have a distinctly different color.

ElfGunn

Kudos to Inno @helya for the nice QoL improvement to the event quest currency display. When you click it, it shows the bonus you're getting from the feeding effect on the Ashen Phoenix. Didn't have this during the Ashen Phoenix event, and I was never quite sure if the feeding effect was working.

mikeledo

I opted to go after the bees. I love "free" fighters, even ones I rarely use. It takes 5 bumblebees 24 hours to make what I could craft in about 3 hours. Since chapter 18 upgrades VDR, they might be worth having. I have 5-6 of them out in my cities and that may be temporary until I need the room. Like dogs, drones are suicidal and makes a good decoy.

qaccy

The grand prize is essentially a worse Gingerbread Mansion. That one also produced boosted T2, but had bonus productions of the other two T2 goods along with the AW KP. Much like the Ashen Phoenix could be compared unfavorably to the Moon Bear, it seems event prizes have started sliding backwards in benefits. Still better than ordinary buildings to be sure, but it's not often you see a game like this one be so against power creep that it actually makes each new thing worse than the previous.

I still enjoy Elvenar for the visual style and having a sense of progress. However, it's probably a problem that my 'sense of progress' is divorced from any benefits I may gain from it, since these days it seems there actually aren't any benefits to progressing!

DeletedUser27062

I see the same thing, but I don't think it's a bug. The unfinished fairy quests are green on mobile, but a different shade of green from the completed quests. So there IS a difference, but it is also confusing. I much prefer the open quests to have a distinctly different color.

The side tab changes colour from blue to green when a quest is complete although the quest dialogue window just goes from a pale green to bright green.

Kekune

The side tab changes colour from blue to green when a quest is complete although the quest dialogue window just goes from a pale green to bright green.
Yup. But still every time I open the full tab I have a moment of confusion about how the quest is finished already. Then I realize it's not. I'll probably get used to it in a couple days but it seems like an easy enough thing to avoid in future events.

DeletedUser27062

Yup. But still every time I open the full tab I have a moment of confusion about how the quest is finished already. Then I realize it's not. I'll probably get used to it in a couple days but it seems like an easy enough thing to avoid in future events.
Oh it would be for sure but Im holding out for the quest text to stop jittering lol

GlamDoll

I still enjoy Elvenar for the visual style and having a sense of progress. However, it's probably a problem that my 'sense of progress' is divorced from any benefits I may gain from it, since these days it seems there actually aren't any benefits to progressing!
Since I could only like your comment< I had to do this. ^^^