• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Fairy Queen's Garden

OIM20

Could someone who played the event on Beta tell us what type of troop instants were given? Elvengems says "light melee" and "mage" but doesn't specify which variety. I'd really like to know which type of mage units to expect.
Didn't play beta, but the spreadsheet link @SoggyShorts gave says Rangers and Banshees. And the Light Melee is Drone Rider (which makes sense given they're in the first building offered).
____________________​
@sasmitcl16 - I needed to actually see what they looked like together, not just the grid representations, before I decided where to start placing them, if at all. I'm clearing out a spot for them so when I get the rest of the ones I want I can put them together. I've been needing to move some things around anyway. :) Just the "You'll need _X_ expansions" bit doesn't help me as much. Of course, layering the images only lets me see so much too; I might need to move things around due to animations or other graphics once I get all the buildings installed.

Edit: what my QFG corner looks like as of 25 May: https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/my-beautiful-city.22868/post-216205

Last edited:

Vigali

Late to the game, but here's my analysis of the daily buildings. Does this look right, or have I missed stuff about any of these buildings? Overall, none of them look particularly good, although Blossom Light Post/Halfling Folk Band may be serviceable pop/cult hybrids if you're using a lot of old event buildings.

Event BuildingCraftable Comparison BuildingComments
Bumblebee StablesN/AProduces the consensus worst military unit. Not worth spending resources here.
Blossom Light PostRainbow Flower Cage/UnicornLower pop/sq than craftable options, but obviously the craftable options require 6-12 buildings compared to 1 building here. This could be a good option for folks who need pop. (although way worse than Goblin Gift Shop)
May Festival StageRainbow Flower Cage/UnicornLower pop/sq than Blossom Light Post, but more culture. Looks like a bad option to me, particularly since it's so big.
Fairy Sand GardenLava CodexLower culture/sq than Lava Codex and other easily attainable options. Not a particularly great option.
Dragonfly PondRainbow Flower Cage/UnicornMuch lower pop/sq than craftable buildings, and much lower than other options this event. Could still be a viable option though if you like a little pop with a lot of culture.
Petal BridgeMana SawmillLess mana efficient than mana sawmill, with a little bit more culture. Not worth spending resources here unless you're seriously mana deficient and can't take the time to craft mana sawmills.
Fairy InnN/ALowest pop/sq of hybrids for the event. Unless you're somehow starved for gold, this seems like a particularly terrible option.
The Halfing Folk BandRainbow Flower Cage/UnicornNumbers are very similar to Blossom Light post, so analysis is roughly the same.
Cake Market StallsLava CodexLower culture/sq than Lava Codex and other easily attainable options. Not a particularly great option.
Cotton Candy MagicFestival MerchantLess seed efficient than Festival Merchant with a bit more culture. Not worth spending resources here unless you're seriously seeds deficient and can't take the time to craft FMs.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I went for the Bumblebee Stables even though I don’t really use drone riders often. Drones are still a step up from sword dancers/light melee and are effective cannon fodder. AI seems to like to chase after them, which means more of my other troops doing the actual heavy lifting during the battle survive. Also, having another building crafting drones frees up my merc camp to crank out more Blossom mages, which is prob the best thing about this building :)

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Why are there quests for Spell Fragments or Vision Vapor, with no alternatives? I think this is THE hardest aspect of this event for my new city. Seems to me a few folks were advocating these events as quite plausible for small cities.

Alram

Flippers just flip
@Lelanya
I agree that brand new players with ch1 and 2 cities are unlikely to be able to complete the entire questline of an event considering that most of them don't have the quest list sitting in front of them. They probably aren't going to have any strategy for event currency either which means very few artifacts will be won. What they will do is have fun and win some great prizes while becoming familiar with all the different parts of the game. They will do better next time.

Guurt The Destroyer

Why are there quests for Spell Fragments or Vision Vapor, with no alternatives? I think this is THE hardest aspect of this event for my new city. Seems to me a few folks were advocating these events as quite plausible for small cities.

As a new player to Elvenar with a young city not quite done with Chapter 2 yet, I can say the Spell Fragments and Vision Vapors are indeed the hardest things to overcome.

Quests #34 and #35 slowed me down quite a lot.

The Spell Fragments was really hard as there was no way to get them outside of disenchanting, and being a new player I don't have enough Elvenar experience to really judge which building summons are good and which are trash that can be disenchanted safely. I ended up disenchanting provision boosts as I don't use them a lot, and I guess I can make more before I will need them in earnest.

Quest #35 was also really hard as well, as gaining 2 enchantment spells meant crafting them... so 24 hours to make that happen. Maybe not impossible but dishearteningly slow.

It was pure dumb luck that I managed to pass Quest #33 without a long delay. I thought it was impossible and it was just sitting there on my screen, but when I got my tournament prizes it was cleared for me. If I had been on Quest #32 when I got my tournament prizes it would have taken me 40 hours or more to clear #33. I wasn't even sure if crafting an enchantment would actually pass the step, but luckily it did.

There must be other ways to get enchantments, other than crafting them, but a bit difficult for my fledgling city.

I have looked ahead at the quests to come and there are definitely a few coming that I am not sure I can really accomplish.

That said, most of the games I have played that are free to play with the option to spend money have actual pay walls that prevent all movement for new players. So while getting spell fragments or vision vapors or gaining enchantment spells are pretty hard tasks, at least they aren't totally impossible.

DeletedUser27062

I had no issues and my beta city was ch 2

Guurt The Destroyer

@Lelanya
I agree that brand new players with ch1 and 2 cities are unlikely to be able to complete the entire questline of an event considering that most of them don't have the quest list sitting in front of them. They probably aren't going to have any strategy for event currency either which means very few artifacts will be won. What they will do is have fun and win some great prizes while becoming familiar with all the different parts of the game. They will do better next time.

Are the event artifacts you are referring to the "Fairy Queen's Retreat Artifacts"? I managed to get 4 of them so far. When you say strategy for getting them, what do you mean? I am curious if I could have gotten more at this point if I did something differently. I did take a photo of each board before shuffle and then I attempted to get the items I thought were good, though probably my idea of good/bad is pretty limited as I have only been playing for 8 days including today. Just curious what strategy I could have utilized.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Are the event artifacts you are referring to the "Fairy Queen's Retreat Artifacts"? I managed to get 4 of them so far. When you say strategy for getting them, what do you mean? I am curious if I could have gotten more at this point if I did something differently. I did take a photo of each board before shuffle and then I attempted to get the items I thought were good, though probably my idea of good/bad is pretty limited as I have only been playing for 8 days including today. Just curious what strategy I could have utilized.
I rarely play an entire board. Before I hit shuffle I notice how many square there are that offer extra flowers. As soon as I get the square with the daily prize and all of the squares that give extra flowers I normally stop playing that board. If I want more copies of that daily prize, I will hit the reshuffle button. If not, I will wait till the next day when the board resets.

Guurt The Destroyer

I rarely play an entire board. Before I hit shuffle I notice how many square there are that offer extra flowers. As soon as I get the square with the daily prize and all of the squares that give extra flowers I normally stop playing that board. If I want more copies of that daily prize, I will hit the reshuffle button. If not, I will wait till the next day when the board resets.

Yeah, I never hit reshuffle, but once I had got the things I needed I stopped and waited for the reset. The one thing I didn't do well, I guess, is time the use of my magnifying glass and the double prize feature. I wasn't sure if I should hold and wait for a new screen, or just use it right away. Most of the time the magnifying glass identified stuff I didn't want, which wasn't helpful for the x2 feature. I am sure I could have optimized that better. I did manage to get x2 on a 4 flower tile once... so that was good luck.

Alram

Flippers just flip
Yeah, I never hit reshuffle, but once I had got the things I needed I stopped and waited for the reset. The one thing I didn't do well, I guess, is time the use of my magnifying glass and the double prize feature. I wasn't sure if I should hold and wait for a new screen, or just use it right away. Most of the time the magnifying glass identified stuff I didn't want, which wasn't helpful for the x2 feature. I am sure I could have optimized that better. I did manage to get x2 on a 4 flower tile once... so that was good luck.
I use the magnifier and the doubler as soon as they open. I haven't had much luck with them other than knowing which boxes I don't need to open. Keep in mind, I'm still young in Elvenar years. I just started playing in October and I'm only on my 5th event.

Gladiola

I don't think there are any mandatory vision vapor quests, or at least I haven't come across them that I remember and I'm up to date on the dailies.

For spell fragments what I did in my tiny city in the last event (and will do in this event if needed on my baby city) is use my event currency to win a building or buildings that I didn't want, then convert those to fragments. Gain enchantments can be done through tourneys or neighborly help, and in a pinch some of the boards allow you to win enchantments that I don't think count for gain enchantment but can be used for the use enchantment quests.

I started my newest city just a few days ago, so I don't think I will finish this questline, but I'm making some progress. I have my eye on the buildings in the last 2 days of the event (if the beta lineup holds). The 3x3 culture especially will be very useful to a tiny city. Even if all a new city did was sign in and collect the bonus every day, they could probably get at least one or two of those. It may not be as good as a Lava Codex, but it is reasonably useful until one has a bigger city in the next event or has the materials to craft a Lava Codex. (And the time for one to appear.)

Guurt The Destroyer

I don't think there are any mandatory vision vapor quests, or at least I haven't come across them that I remember and I'm up to date on the dailies.

For spell fragments what I did in my tiny city in the last event (and will do in this event if needed on my baby city) is use my event currency to win a building or buildings that I didn't want, then convert those to fragments. Gain enchantments can be done through tourneys or neighborly help, and in a pinch some of the boards allow you to win enchantments that I don't think count for gain enchantment but can be used for the use enchantment quests.

I started my newest city just a few days ago, so I don't think I will finish this questline, but I'm making some progress. I have my eye on the buildings in the last 2 days of the event (if the beta lineup holds). The 3x3 culture especially will be very useful to a tiny city. Even if all a new city did was sign in and collect the bonus every day, they could probably get at least one or two of those. It may not be as good as a Lava Codex, but it is reasonably useful until one has a bigger city in the next event.

Gaining enchantments through neighborly help is pretty rare. A new city only has the Fellowship members and a very small number of locals. I did around 35 neighborly helps today and I did not gain an enchantment.

A new city and a new player with a new city are two very different things, in my opinion. My main problem with disenchanting buildings is that I am not sure I know which buildings are good... I don't know what will come in the future. Maybe no building is really useful when acquired in chapter 1/2? I have a lot to learn, and disenchanting a building that I was trying to get via the event seemed, well, counter productive. Was too hard of a choice for a new player.

For the most part I have been happy with my event progress. I am sure I will do better next time as I will have a better eye for judging which prizes are valuable. I learned a lot already.

Gladiola

@Alram I think @Guurt The Destroyer 's point is that new players don't have the background to make wise decisions about what to disenchant. I disenchanted an Ashen Phoenix base during my first event (and ended up getting a second one by completing the questline). It was a nervewracking decision, but I did research and it was what fit best for me. Other new players can do similar.

Guurt The Destroyer

What choice is too hard for a new player? I didn't have any problems disenchanting everything I had to move forward. Portal profits, witch hut artifacts, pet food, whatever that gold colored spell is.(?)
That made me laugh.

I am not sure what portal profits or witch hut artifacts are, but I believe pet food is good, and that gold colored spell is a gold refill... so I am assuming all those things aren't good choices for disenchant.

I tend to be pretty conservative and my natural tendency is to hoard. Sometimes that means I hoard garbage unwittingly.

Alram

Flippers just flip
That made me laugh.

I am not sure what portal profits or witch hut artifacts are, but I believe pet food is good, and that gold colored spell is a gold refill... so I am assuming all those things aren't good choices for disenchant.

I tend to be pretty conservative and my natural tendency is to hoard. Sometimes that means I hoard garbage unwittingly.
Exactly! I didn't know what to hoard and what to burn....lol...so I burned it all.
I'm still standing.