• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Fairy Queen's Garden

Alram

Flippers just flip
@Alram I think @Guurt The Destroyer 's point is that new players don't have the background to make wise decisions about what to disenchant. I disenchanted an Ashen Phoenix base during my first event (and ended up getting a second one by completing the questline). It was a nervewracking decision, but I did research and it was what fit best for me. Other new players can do similar.
I was a new player once. I had no background. My nerves did not get wracked at any time.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
That made me laugh.

I am not sure what portal profits or witch hut artifacts are, but I believe pet food is good, and that gold colored spell is a gold refill... so I am assuming all those things aren't good choices for disenchant.

I tend to be pretty conservative and my natural tendency is to hoard. Sometimes that means I hoard garbage unwittingly.
He probably means the Inspired Meditation spell. Incidentally I love those, hate running out, they increase the KP bar to 20.

Alram

Flippers just flip
He probably means the Inspired Meditation spell. Incidentally I love those, hate running out, they increase the KP bar to 20.
In which chapter do the inspired meditation spells become important?

Last edited:

Gladiola

@Lelanya maybe he meant a coin rain? Those refill coins (gold).

@Alram I think they are probably mainly useful for people who are away from the game more than 10 hours at a time or perhaps sometimes when saving for quests that require more than 10 KP if you don't want to use AW instants. Or possibly if you are tech locked because of lack of resources and want to keep accumulating hourly KP. I am not aware of any game mechanic in early or late game that requires them for other purposes.

I just spent 3-4 days with a full knowledge bar while I was waiting to complete quests to do encounters that would put me in chapter 4. I think I probably lost around 70-100 KP. (I could have put it into other people's AWs so that I never stopped accumulating, but I wanted to have enough KP to complete the Advanced Scouts research, which I built up by getting KP from completing encounters and participating in tournaments.)

Last edited:

Lelanya

I use IMs during tournament, when clearing provinces 10 + round 2 for example. Or just generally clearing the lower provinces of a round, can hit 3 KP bearing provinces without topping up.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
As @Iyapo1 says those IM enchantments are really only good for frags. You never lose KPs you win; however, if you go over a 1000 KPs on your bar the total doesn’t display correctly in the app.
You don't lose the ones you've won, but I believe the hourly timer stops/resets when the bar is full. Like if you only have 2mins left before next hourly KP, but you tap out the bar before it's finished counting down, it goes back to 59mins when you spend one and have room for the hourly one. You'd lose out on your hourly KPs leaving it full. I use the Inspiring Meditation enchantments on KP days during tourneys too, especially when there's a darn FA going on and it takes 100000 clicks to distribute 50+ KPs from tourney into wonder society badges. :rolleyes:

Aritra

Never, those are a good frag!
That's what I thought earlier on but now I keep them around. I don't use them all the time but definitely useful. I primarily use it how @Gladiola described: when a player expects to be away from the game for more than ten hours. Most of the time, I have been lucky to have a schedule that allows me to pop on even if it is just long enough to clear the bar. Sometimes, however, I know my schedule won't allow it and so this allows me to not lose any (loss in the sense of not getting what I otherwise would have gotten if the bar wasn't filled and waiting to be emptied before more could generate). Usually I am not too bothered if it sits full for a few hours, but I use it most often when I am new in a chapter and have lots of research that I want to activate as quickly as possible (but not bad enough to purchase the kp, which is a different controversy of sorts)--which is where I am at the moment.

Before every FA, I remind my FS to spell their bar ahead of time so that when the event begins two badges are ready for the making (I usually calculate in my schedule when to stop using the kp bar and let it fill for that timeline, none wasted with a full two bars either). It seems like this badge is one of the ones I have the most of leftover, have more than I have opportunity to place, so getting that one extra at the beginning probably isn't important but it feels good to hit the ground running (just like everyone who sets their longer factories in advance, badge ready when event starts). FA runs for about a week so I usually use three of them so that no kp is wasted when ready to make a wonder badge. The badge does not require all ten to arrive at the same time, just needs ten, but using my kp in tens for that is easier than tracking how many more that badge-in-progress needs. IM lets me take the kp out at full ten at a time, but zero wasted during clearing delays (if my bar is at thirteen, I just clear the ten and let the pile continue until it meets/exceeds ten).

It is a weak replacement for AW instants, but for a city that struggles keeping those instants coming in, and it is easier to craft these, then it has its value for them. (though I would still suggest CCs be the enchantment crafting priority, followed by MM, in my opinion)

Lelanya

In which chapter do the inspired meditation spells become important?
I started using them about chapter 5. Sometimes I cast one as soon as the one expires, sometimes I go part of the weekend without. I guess, the main use is when a player decides to use 9 hour sets and not check into the game every 3 hours.

NightshadeCS

There are definitely different perspectives. One of my archmages never uses IM and keeps a huge hoard of KP in her bar. I, on the other hand, use IM all the time and keep an empty KP bar. I get sort of a FOMO if I am letting those hourly KP just fritter away.

This strategy comes with several other factors that must be considered. I sometimes move slower through the tech tree, since I do not always have the KP on hand to fill techs, However, since other goods usually seem to be my limiting factor, this is not often a problem. I also keep a healthy store of AW KP instants rather than using them all as soon as I get them.