• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Fairy Queen's Garden

OIM20

Comment for the persons in charge of the quests:

I would like to comment that changing the daily challenge for quest #73a from beta to live was asinine. I put the dates in going backward once the event started, and I knew then that the 21/22 wasn't going to fall on a date when the Spire was open. So I thought, "Hey - they've got it saying "Tournament" on the last day of a tournament, and "Spire" on a day that the Spire will be open this time. Nice!" (The last daily quest - #76 (a), per Beta, is what I'm referencing at the end.)

They had to have known, looking at any kind of calendar, that in changing 73a they were potentially locking out players who wanted to complete the quest on the date it fell. Because it didn't come open until several hours after the Spire closed on the 21st.

Yes, yes, they have a disclaimer that they might have a change in the quests, etc. and so on. Problem with that logic in this case is that there actually is no or option on the "Complete 10 Encounters and/or 10 Spire encounters" when it's posted on a day that the Spire will not be open. Absolutely, unequivocally, will not be open because it's not programmed by them to be. Which means everyone in the US has 2 options: complete 10 world map encounters, or wait until Sunday the 23rd after 11A EST to get your 10 Spire encounters, or a mix of the two.

That might not be a big deal to some, but it might to others based on how they've scheduled their time to play the game. For me, not such a problem. I wasn't thrilled with having to use the MM spells I've been trying to hoard until the next FA so that I could have enough goods to cater the necessary provinces (my troops are generally decimated at the end of a tourney and it takes a day or two to rebuild any), but I'll get more MM spells, so I'll live.

What I'm concerned about is that, since quest 73a was changed, they might also be changing quest 76a: "Solve 10 Spire Encounters and/or Solve 10 Encounters". That one falls on the 24th. I'm not sure what time the event ends, whether it carries past 11A EST on the 25th or not. If it carries past 11A EST on the 25th and they do change it to "Tournament", then it's no big deal - but it has to carry on past that time on Tuesday. Otherwise, if they do change it from "Spire" to "Tournament" as past history dictates will happen since they changed 73a, they really are forcing everyone to just solve 10 world map encounters and might as well remove the optional line.

TL;DR:
It's been said before but bears saying again: the persons in charge of quests need to consult a calendar when choosing whether to use "Spire" or "Tournament" as the alternative to world map encounters. Changing quest #73a from the known Beta list to Live was punitive to anyone intending to use the tournament - the logical alternative option as the Spire could not possibly be open on either the 21st after 6 PM EST when the quest opened or the 22nd (at all) - to complete the quest for solving encounters.

Aritra

Comment for the persons in charge of the quests:

I would like to comment that changing the daily challenge for quest #73a from beta to live was asinine. I put the dates in going backward once the event started, and I knew then that the 21/22 wasn't going to fall on a date when the Spire was open. So I thought, "Hey - they've got it saying "Tournament" on the last day of a tournament, and "Spire" on a day that the Spire will be open this time. Nice!" (The last daily quest - #76 (a), per Beta, is what I'm referencing at the end.)

They had to have known, looking at any kind of calendar, that in changing 73a they were potentially locking out players who wanted to complete the quest on the date it fell. Because it didn't come open until several hours after the Spire closed on the 21st.

Yes, yes, they have a disclaimer that they might have a change in the quests, etc. and so on. Problem with that logic in this case is that there actually is no or option on the "Complete 10 Encounters and/or 10 Spire encounters" when it's posted on a day that the Spire will not be open. Absolutely, unequivocally, will not be open because it's not programmed by them to be. Which means everyone in the US has 2 options: complete 10 world map encounters, or wait until Sunday the 23rd after 11A EST to get your 10 Spire encounters, or a mix of the two.

That might not be a big deal to some, but it might to others based on how they've scheduled their time to play the game. For me, not such a problem. I wasn't thrilled with having to use the MM spells I've been trying to hoard until the next FA so that I could have enough goods to cater the necessary provinces (my troops are generally decimated at the end of a tourney and it takes a day or two to rebuild any), but I'll get more MM spells, so I'll live.

What I'm concerned about is that, since quest 73a was changed, they might also be changing quest 76a: "Solve 10 Spire Encounters and/or Solve 10 Encounters". That one falls on the 24th. I'm not sure what time the event ends, whether it carries past 11A EST on the 25th or not. If it carries past 11A EST on the 25th and they do change it to "Tournament", then it's no big deal - but it has to carry on past that time on Tuesday. Otherwise, if they do change it from "Spire" to "Tournament" as past history dictates will happen since they changed 73a, they really are forcing everyone to just solve 10 world map encounters and might as well remove the optional line.

TL;DR:
It's been said before but bears saying again: the persons in charge of quests need to consult a calendar when choosing whether to use "Spire" or "Tournament" as the alternative to world map encounters. Changing quest #73a from the known Beta list to Live was punitive to anyone intending to use the tournament - the logical alternative option as the Spire could not possibly be open on either the 21st after 6 PM EST when the quest opened or the 22nd (at all) - to complete the quest for solving encounters.
This has been discussed at length and is being pursued. No results guaranteed.

OIM20

Last edited:

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Honestly, i like the mechanics for this event.
I like the simplicity of the lottery scratcher board over the rotating chest. And the amount of currency was spot on for what i feel should be accomplished. I was able to get the building and all 9 artifact to upgrade it. With just enough left over to grab a second building. Which is right where i think it should be. (Even tho i wont be placing the building much less a second one.. its the prime spot for someone that does like the building.They get a fully evolved building. And since they can get the second building, if they wanted to go nuts buying currency to get more artifacts, they could. So good for me, good for those that are willing to further, and thats good for innos bottom dollar.)
And to top it off, the quests were pretty on par with not being unbearable. They could all be finished in a reasonable time or better (with preparation).

So over all, i like the mechanics of this set up.

The only thing i wonder about... is why inno decided to make the Magnifying glass (reveal two spots) take 15 to unlock, and then the 2x multiplier take 17.. on a board that is 16.
The numbers seem a little odd to me. To odd to be a mistake or an over sight. I got to think that was intentional and i would love to know that intention/reason.

Iyapo1

I really enjoy the shuffle board format! The little secondary buildings on the board are really fun to chase about!

shimmerfly

game is becoming more pay to play with each event...................$$$$$
You didn't have to spend a dime if you didn't want to.
You had cheat sheets to follow, if needed, to plan ahead. : )

edited for: unless you had a time issue due to RL.

Aritra

game is becoming more pay to play with each event...................$$$$$
I've never spent a dime (which is a separate controversy) and have done just fine.
This event, I acquired all necessary artifacts and a second base.
Why was I supposed to have needed to spend money (pay to play)?

BadWon

my comments were in regards to those BRAGGING about completing 2 of the event buildings. There are more and more ads asking for the WW;s to spend, I do not spend on any FREE game nor 1 I do not own the software for. this is also ALL IMHO.............

Gladiola

@BadWon it was not necessary to spend diamonds or cash to receive two of the event buildings in this event. It was the opposite of what you are complaining about -- an event that gave players who don't pay prizes. (Whether we value those prizes is another question, but we received them.)