• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Gathering of the Phoenix Cults

Alpha Lyrae

Feel free to submit comments under our Event Note here: https://tinyurl.com/t3w7p9l

FYI: In Facebook, I'm using their new layout and can't view the Event Note. Not sure if this is something Facebook has to fix or if it's up to the Facebook Group.

1585921057868.png

Foldedspace

The only decent prize this event was the Phoenix Cult - and it was offered when nobody had enough time to gather enough event currency to get many of them. Not a single KP instant, no time instants, and no wishing wells? Not even any wishing wells in the Grand Prizes rotation? Really? And on FB, when asked why there are no wishing wells, Elvenar replied that it's because of the Genie. That's ridiculous. I've played the spire every single week and I've never gotten a genie. The chances of getting one are nearly astronomical. Completing the Spire almost always requires spending a handful of diamonds, and I'm not going to purchase them just to have Spire fodder. You're driving away your players, INNO.

slamher

Although I agree the event prizes leave a lot to be desired, the Spire has become the great equalizer. I am an "end gamer" and appreciate the challenge (albeit expensive) of the Spire. I have gained very valuable Dwarven Armor and a few genies in addition to the time instants that make it possible.

I also believe the request for more wells may be a product of "farm city owners" ... people with more than one city in many worlds placing wells and collecting diamonds to spend in one city

T6583

I honestly have to say that I'm enjoying this event overall compared to most of the 2019 events. I like the story. I like the set quest list over the random quests any day as I feel its more fair to all players. The prizes though are meh this time around. There's not been a single daily that I've been interested in or that would be helpful to my Ch. 15 city. At least there's burning pools for my Ch. 12 city to go after. I would have liked to see at least 1 AWKP instant or even some mana huts which we haven't seen in awhile for me to want to go after in my end game city. Right now I most likely won't place the new coldfire phoenix in either of my cities because it doesn't seem worth the space to me. Though I'm loving the fact that my Ch. 12 city can now get a fully evolved fire phoenix. I was 3 artifacts short. Completing this event will provide me with those which I'm personally extremely excited about.

DeletedUser20776

I am happy they did have the 3 old phoenix artifacts as part of this event. However, the prizes and evolving building were really poor. Instead of just complaining here are a couple things that I would like to see-
- I would like to see them add building sets like the carnival set. Even if they tied a couple events together, not sure how that would work out though.
- Adding the port profits, wishing wells, AWKP, etc... back in, even on a limited limited basis like they did with the phoenix artifacts would be an improvement.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
This event had its positives and negatives.
Considering that we are being bombarded with so many events and never get a moment to rest, i liked the fact that the first 100~ quests i could complete in a week or less. The last 25~ took longer then the first 100 combined. Which gave a nice balance between being able to get most of it done very quickly, and then be able to relax more while finishing it off since we were near the end.

I also like the new army unit rewards. Right now, i can always use more army units. Tho for chest 19 i would have liked to see the unit rewards increased 5% more and the difference taken away form the supply instant.

The downsides tho.. First, as im sure was probably the biggest complaint, the daily rewards. I know everyone has a different idea for what rewards they would personally like. But for me, there were zero daily rewards that were actually interesting. I cashed all my currency in on the Phoenix nest, tho im pretty sure ill never use it.

But my big issue is the currency/chest currency/ artifact ratio. I am not happy with this at all. And i think many ppl are going to get screwed over by it.
I cashed in on two cities today.
My first city managed 4-5 artifacts on it currency reward from doing quests. It also got +3600~ currency from chests while trading in. Only with that high amount from the chest was he able to get to 9 artifact rewards (which is whats needed to evolve the building to cap.)
My second city.. not so fortunate. He got 5 artifacts from the currency he got doing quests. BUT he only got 1050 currency from chests (thats a 2600 currency difference!!!!!) And due to that lack of currency reward was only able to get 6 total artifacts despite doing all the quests (with the exception of the daily quests that havnt been released yet.)

That level of difference is bull. a 2600 currency difference between players in the same situation; chose the same chest strategy. A player should not have to do all the work of a quest line and then just sit back and 'hope' he will get lucky enough to get the artifacts to use the building he worked for. (And dont give me that FA reward line. Those should be strictly extra for those that were not able to finish the quest line due to real life issues. It should not be factored into the quest line rewards.)

Overall, i wouldnt have minded the event, if not for the fact that i did everything on one of my cities and still didnt get the artifacts i needed. If i had, it would have been an ok event. But not even getting that... makes this a fail to me.

DeletedUser24439

This event had its positives and negatives.
Considering that we are being bombarded with so many events and never get a moment to rest, i liked the fact that the first 100~ quests i could complete in a week or less. The last 25~ took longer then the first 100 combined. Which gave a nice balance between being able to get most of it done very quickly, and then be able to relax more while finishing it off since we were near the end.

I also like the new army unit rewards. Right now, i can always use more army units. Tho for chest 19 i would have liked to see the unit rewards increased 5% more and the difference taken away form the supply instant.

The downsides tho.. First, as im sure was probably the biggest complaint, the daily rewards. I know everyone has a different idea for what rewards they would personally like. But for me, there were zero daily rewards that were actually interesting. I cashed all my currency in on the Phoenix nest, tho im pretty sure ill never use it.

But my big issue is the currency/chest currency/ artifact ratio. I am not happy with this at all. And i think many ppl are going to get screwed over by it.
I cashed in on two cities today.
My first city managed 4-5 artifacts on it currency reward from doing quests. It also got +3600~ currency from chests while trading in. Only with that high amount from the chest was he able to get to 9 artifact rewards (which is whats needed to evolve the building to cap.)
My second city.. not so fortunate. He got 5 artifacts from the currency he got doing quests. BUT he only got 1050 currency from chests (thats a 2600 currency difference!!!!!) And due to that lack of currency reward was only able to get 6 total artifacts despite doing all the quests (with the exception of the daily quests that havnt been released yet.)

That level of difference is bull. a 2600 currency difference between players in the same situation; chose the same chest strategy. A player should not have to do all the work of a quest line and then just sit back and 'hope' he will get lucky enough to get the artifacts to use the building he worked for. (And dont give me that FA reward line. Those should be strictly extra for those that were not able to finish the quest line due to real life issues. It should not be factored into the quest line rewards.)

Overall, i wouldnt have minded the event, if not for the fact that i did everything on one of my cities and still didnt get the artifacts i needed. If i had, it would have been an ok event. But not even getting that... makes this a fail to me.

3600 currency from chests is a ridiculous outlier; not everyone is going to be lucky like that. I don't know the exact numbers but I believe the red chest has the best value for getting more sky essences. If you were to exclusively go for that chest every time and used all essences (close to 6000 IIRC), then 6000/84 * 0.12 * 200 = 1714 extra sky essences. Again, I haven't done a whole lot of analysis during this event but I can safely say 3600 extra sky essences from chests alone should not be expected from this event.

Meanwhile the other city with 1050 extra currency sounds more reasonable. I'm right around that number, give or take 100, so you just got really lucky in your first city. And yes, it sucks but this is RNG in a nutshell. Some players get absolutely lucky and don't have to invest as much into the game while others get screwed over. With pretty much any mobile/browser game these days, this is something you have to expect to happen otherwise you will leave yourself disappointed at the end of the day; I've fallen victim many times before too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Finally got the third conversion recipe that I needed for a 2019 artifact, so now I am the proud owner of a level 10 Fire and a level 10 Storm. I know I have no interest in trying to convert any more artifacts just to have a baby Aureate in my city, so now it is time to see how many Coldfire artifacts I can finish with, plus the next FA that will probably offer 2 more artifacts, and decide if I want to have a level 4-6 Coldfire. I feel like I will still put it out if it will be at least level 5, because I like having the evolving buildings in my post-chapter 15 city, so screw all you dirty optimizers who hate these buildings. lol ;)

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
3600 currency from chests is a ridiculous outlier; not everyone is going to be lucky like that. I don't know the exact numbers but I believe the red chest has the best value for getting more sky essences. If you were to exclusively go for that chest every time and used all essences (close to 6000 IIRC), then 6000/84 * 0.12 * 200 = 1714 extra sky essences. Again, I haven't done a whole lot of analysis during this event but I can safely say 3600 extra sky essences from chests alone should not be expected from this event.

Meanwhile the other city with 1050 extra currency sounds more reasonable. I'm right around that number, give or take 100, so you just got really lucky in your first city. And yes, it sucks but this is RNG in a nutshell. Some players get absolutely lucky and don't have to invest as much into the game while others get screwed over. With pretty much any mobile/browser game these days, this is something you have to expect to happen otherwise you will leave yourself disappointed at the end of the day; I've fallen victim many times before too.

Thats basically my point. 3600 is an very high amount to get from chest rewards. BUT thats also what it took to get 9 artifacts.
1050 might be mroe reasonable, but it fails to get the artifacts needed. He only got 6.
That is way to wide a margin for a player to do nearly everything they can, and still fail pretty badly.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Thats basically my point. 3600 is an very high amount to get from chest rewards. BUT thats also what it took to get 9 artifacts.
1050 might be mroe reasonable, but it fails to get the artifacts needed. He only got 6.
That is way to wide a margin for a player to do nearly everything they can, and still fail pretty badly.

I have gotten 7 artifacts so far, and will easily get an 8th by the end of the event, and while I did not track the exact amounts, I have gotten maybe 1500 essence out of the prize chests so far, and I think 150 once from a VV chest.

One variable is whether you managed to never open the bad value chests, the one where it costs 32 or 39 or 43 essence per feather. Too many of those will kill your average essence per grand prize. With the essence per feather rates of the other chests, you should easily get a grand prize for every 600 essence you earn. So the just over 5400 essence earned from completing all sequential and daily quests would get you 9 grand prizes, or 5 artifacts. Add in collecting an average of 20 essence around the city for 26 days and you have enough for another grand prize. So 10 grand prizes with zero luck getting any from the prize or VV chests. Your 3600 give you another 6 grand prizes, on average, which makes 16 grand prizes, or 8 artifacts. So you somehow squeezed out a 17th grand prize for that 9th artifact, meaning your essence per feather average was closer to 26 or 27, and a higher ground spawn average, since we still have another 12 or 13 daily quests to go, meaning over 400 essence to earn that is not part of what you have already done. But if you average 26 to 27 essence per feather, that is 520-540 per grand prize, or about 8800-9200 essence to earn 17 grand prizes/9 artifacts. So yeah, your numbers add up for where we are in the event timeline. You should easily get one more grand prize by the end of the event, or two more if your luck with the chests keeps up.

TLDR version: if you want 9 artifacts and do not want to spend any money or diamonds, you need very good luck and need to win about 3000 extra essence over the course of the event.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Why is there not a single grand prize that isn't a building? I can't belvie I can't come up wiht a single day when I want to spend what little essence I bothered to collect. I'd rather have supply instants than any building on there, and I don't need supply instants. What a farce.

I am just waiting for the Lava Egg on the final day and any I win will replace other mana-generating buildings in my city, partly just for a new look and partly because it, with chapter 15 stats, is equal or better in mana production to most of what I have right now.

LisaMV

Hey ~ does anyone have the Phoenix Scupltor in their cities already? I would like to see it in action, as it were... I can't tell if it is cute or ugly from that tiny picture...

thanks!