• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Gathering of the Phoenix Cults

LisaMV

Unfortunately you are in US3 and I'm in US2. Actually, a couple of us in my FS did that. Mine was nice, but another was decidedly better. I'm in Florida, so of course there were a bunch of palm trees placed about.
Palm trees!? cute. I do not know what that means..."you are in US3 and I'm in US2" = parallel galaxies, perhaps? Ne'er the twain shall meet? :(

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Palm trees!? cute. I do not know what that means..."you are in US3 and I'm in US2" = parallel galaxies, perhaps? Ne'er the twain shall meet? :(

There are 8 worlds for US players. Each one is a different server and are numbered US1 through US8. People on different servers/worlds cannot message or visit each other or be in the same fellowship.

LisaMV

***** * Spring Flower Cage ~ is it worth it? It is SO pretty, and fairly small - I just want it for the beauty...

LisaMV

You have the space, it gives something you want... that sounds worth it to me. :)
Well... I don't really have the space, needing to build one more big factory, needing more workers/culture... And what it gives me (here in ch4) is nothing much, but I really don't understand all those symbols in that column further on (the pink box 'o goods, blue swirly thing, nut on a branch..? DON'T LAUGH!) or if that will be important. [head-scratching emoji here] hmm...

Deleted User - 4366037

Well... I don't really have the space, needing to build one more big factory, needing more workers/culture... And what it gives me (here in ch4) is nothing much, but I really don't understand all those symbols in that column further on (the pink box 'o goods, blue swirly thing, nut on a branch..? DON'T LAUGH!) or if that will be important. [head-scratching emoji here] hmm...
Those other items are additional tier 3 goods, mana, and seeds, which will come in to play more (or entirely) in future chapters. I would not worry about those things for that building however, as you will likely gain plenty of new buildings after you enter those chapters, which usually proves more efficient than spending royal restorations to upgrade these kinds of buildings.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
This event is the worst one ever in my opinion. There are no prizes I want. Without wishing wells and large instants I don't really have anything to spend the essences on. I'm doing the quests without planning since it doesn't matter. None of the daily prizes are worth wasting the space in my city. Frankly, it is getting to be a chore playing this game and this even makes that even worse. Sad to think I used to plan on and think the events were worth the $100 each I used to spend. Sadder still that I spent $50 each for a while after that when there were prizes worth the space. Now this event has deteriorated to the point that it isn't even worth my time let alone $$. Just sad! :( :( :(

NightshadeCS

I actually have a Spring Flower Cage still knocking around my Chapter 15 city. I have upgraded it along the way. I LOVE 2x2 buildings. Any time my roads need to make a right angle turn, I back the big buildings off the long edge by one or two squares and fill that side with small buildings that produce mana or seeds (you will get to those in chapter 9 and then 11). This one is very pretty, which I have said before is not nothing. : )

Many of the small buildings like that are quite efficient, and they are so easy to upgrade, as they only take 4 RRs a piece.

At chapter 4, it is a bit of a toss up. You will need to spend 16 RRs to get it up to base mana production when the time comes. May not be worth it. But if you like the look of it, why not? There are not that any prizes in this event that any of us would advise dumping all essence into as "one of the best in the game." So, we all have the leisure to grab things we like the look of. And, best of all, if you get one and decide you can't afford the space to place it, you can get spell fragments from it.

LisaMV

Those other items are additional tier 3 goods, mana, and seeds, which will come in to play more (or entirely) in future chapters. I would not worry about those things for that building however, as you will likely gain plenty of new buildings after you enter those chapters, which usually proves more efficient than spending royal restorations to upgrade these kinds of buildings.
Thank you for this information~ and what I am learning from you all is not to 'plan' too much for the future in this regard, then you are stuck with old level buildings that need tons of upgrade... right?

I actually have a Spring Flower Cage still knocking around my Chapter 15 city. I have upgraded it along the way. I LOVE 2x2 buildings. Any time my roads need to make a right angle turn, I back the big buildings off the long edge by one or two squares and fill that side with small buildings that produce mana or seeds (you will get to those in chapter 9 and then 11). This one is very pretty, which I have said before is not nothing. : )

Many of the small buildings like that are quite efficient, and they are so easy to upgrade, as they only take 4 RRs a piece.
"they only take 4 RRs a piece" = that seems to be infinitely more than I can ever get! But I am so happy to hear you still have yours ~ I will probably be that way too. Whenever I see one when visiting a neighbor, I fairly swoon and say "SOOOO pretty!!" I can almost get my head around the corner thing you refer to... wish I could come see!

Thanks, both of you.

Deleted User - 4366037

Thank you for this information~ and what I am learning from you all is not to 'plan' too much for the future in this regard, then you are stuck with old level buildings that need tons of upgrade... right?

"they only take 4 RRs a piece" = that seems to be infinitely more than I can ever get! But I am so happy to hear you still have yours ~ I will probably be that way too. Whenever I see one when visiting a neighbor, I fairly swoon and say "SOOOO pretty!!" I can almost get my head around the corner thing you refer to... wish I could come see!

Thanks, both of you.
The general idea is that as you are moving through the early chapters, it is pretty easy to get new buildings with better numbers in future chapters to replace your existing buildings (most of my valentine's event buildings have already been replaced since I am now in a later chapter). Once you are in the final few chapters, though, you should expect your buildings to last a lot longer, as you will be in those chapters for a much more significant amount of time. Most players will also naturally have more RRs accruing as the buildings the restorations are typically used on (such as evolving buildings) will not need an update to a new chapter for a significant period of time.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member

At chapter 4, it is a bit of a toss up. You will need to spend 16 RRs to get it up to base mana production when the time comes. May not be worth it. But if you like the look of it, why not? There are not that any prizes in this event that any of us would advise dumping all essence into as "one of the best in the game." So, we all have the leisure to grab things we like the look of. And, best of all, if you get one and decide you can't afford the space to place it, you can get spell fragments from it.
I like to craft things like that for the looks and then just craft another when I'm in a later chapter. I destroy the original and put the new one in its place. Cheaper than RRs and I get to have the beauty of it throughout the chapters.

LisaMV

I like to craft things like that for the looks and then just craft another when I'm in a later chapter. I destroy the original and put the new one in its place. Cheaper than RRs and I get to have the beauty of it throughout the chapters.
!!!
I had a moment to do that just today! - but have no cc's left, and missing relics to craft those... :rolleyes: Wasn't sure if that was a dumb idea or not - glad for the confirmation, thank you. Next time, I will do!

NightshadeCS

"they only take 4 RRs a piece" = that seems to be infinitely more than I can ever get!

There is one RR available in the 4th, 6th, 8th, and 10th tournament chests. If you can get yourself into even a half-way decent FS, they should be able to get 5 or 6 chests per week, netting you 1-2 RRs. ;)

You may not be able to go to my world, but you can see my city layout on ElvenArchitect via Elvenstats. Here's a link: https://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/3c3e9dc9cf094a5ba3523bca75458d1f/

Mana and seed production buildings require a street connection. If you look where my residences are lined up, you'll notice at the top of the row, where one road meets another at a corner, I have Mana Huts along the long side of the residences.

LisaMV

There is one RR available in the 4th, 6th, 8th, and 10th tournament chests. If you can get yourself into even a half-way decent FS, they should be able to get 5 or 6 chests per week, netting you 1-2 RRs. ;)

You may not be able to go to my world, but you can see my city layout on ElvenArchitect via Elvenstats. Here's a link: https://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/3c3e9dc9cf094a5ba3523bca75458d1f/

Mana and seed production buildings require a street connection. If you look where my residences are lined up, you'll notice at the top of the row, where one road meets another at a corner, I have Mana Huts along the long side of the residences.
omg I see it - ! (but of course, not really...) If you have time ever, can you take a little screen pic? Your city is so beautifully organized! love the bottom left, all the military blds/MA... AND the Main Hall location = I have wanted to move mine for awhile from where it was just plopped originally - but how? 6x6 is incredibly awkward...

Thank you for this!

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
but how? 6x6 is incredibly awkward...
The next time you get an expansion, pause and use the extra space to rearrange your city before moving on with placing new stuff. While you wait for that to happen, find yourself on ElvenStats and upload your city to ElvenArchitect. Then play around until you get the buildings where you'd like them. You can save your work either by link or in the browser for reference so it won't take long to do it when you actually get the expansion.
I also do this when I get near the end of a chapter to plan out the next chapter's guest race settlement. The guest race guides on Gems have lots of examples of settlement arrangements that help with this.

LisaMV

The next time you get an expansion, pause and use the extra space to rearrange your city before moving on with placing new stuff. While you wait for that to happen, find yourself on ElvenStats and upload your city to ElvenArchitect. Then play around until you get the buildings where you'd like them. You can save your work either by link or in the browser for reference so it won't take long to do it when you actually get the expansion.
I also do this when I get near the end of a chapter to plan out the next chapter's guest race settlement. The guest race guides on Gems have lots of examples of settlement arrangements that help with this.
Wait - what?! "find yourself on ElvenStats and upload your city to ElvenArchitect"?!?! A while ago I started putting my city in, one building at a time, before I even knew there were ch. levels. I lost everything 4 times in a row (! o_O!) by either not saving it right, reloading it wrong, etc etc. "Life is too short...!" I said, and gave up. Are you saying ElvenStats will do it for me?! OH MY - be still, my heart...:D

LisaMV

The next time you get an expansion, pause and use the extra space to rearrange your city before moving on with placing new stuff.

Oh , about this... how does a 5x5 expansion help you move a 6x6 building, esp. with all the stuff crammed around it?! Pray tell.
And planning/moving things around is most of how we proceed intelligently, so I haven't, for some time, filled in my expansions when I get them. I dislike the feeling of being stuck in every way possible: moving buildings, KP's, relics, goods - yikes, too much. I spend my waiting time retooling things in my head, and trying things with the teeny spaces I have saved.