• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Gathering of the Phoenix Cults

NightshadeCS

Oh, you have to shift everything around. One tip for moving buildings, don't forget you can move those roads. Sometimes shifting the roads into little empty spots allows me just the wiggle room I need to shift buildings like one of those sliding number puzzles.

Once you get into guest races, it is much different. Every guest race you finish, you get to sell off all of the settlement buildings and there is a big open space to help facilitate building movement.

Get used to juggling that city around. With certain upgrades, buildings will drastically change size and shape. You then have to sytematically move everything around to get it somewhat efficient and organized.

Of course, a lot of people opt for more interesting or aesthetic setups, so do what works for you!

As for the Main Hall, the reason I put those AWs around it is to minimize roads. The fewer squares you can dedicate to roads, the better. Thanks to good old @SoggyShorts for the tip once upon a time.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Are you saying ElvenStats will do it for me?!
Yes! When you're on your page on ElvenStats, just under the graphs for scores and tourney scores will be an ElvenArchitect bar. Click it. You should see how long it's been since the site updated your city and at the very botton there's a handy little 'blue arrows in a circle' icon to force a current update. After it gets your current city, the Click Here will take you to ElvenArchitect's City Planner with your city already loaded.:D
how does a 5x5 expansion help you move a 6x6 building,
Really good answer from @NightshadeCS above, but I'd like to add something. Sometimes I think my thought processes are a bit off, but I swear my brain fights me reorganizing by trying to tell me I have to keep everything up, running and connected during a rearrange. I now fight back with 'no I don't' and proceed to move road squares, bldgs, all of it and squish it together. It's only when putting it back that I need to make sure everything is connected and working properly. With an extra 5x5 and squishing stuff together, you'll be able to make a spot for that main hall.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
@LisaMV, what would help you greatly is getting rid of all the non-boosted T1. Those steel and plank factories are killing you for space and pop and culture. If you replaced them all with marble, you could probably offer to trade at 2:1 every trade and come out ahead on the deal.

That said, working with what you have what you have now, Start here:
1586493287590.png

Make sure in Settings you have "Show Street chapters turned on
1586490386735.png

remove all the roads of level one, since they can be replaced for free
Move some stuff from by the main hall:
Unicorns bottom right and whispering tree in the sapce below your Phoenix excursion., and level 2 roads over to where you deleted some, slide the two crystal factories to the side to make room for the Magig residence and put the level 8 residence in the gap above the two crystal factories:
Already room to move your MH foursquares. Do so, then move the valentine float to the other side.
Move float of constructs over to where the valentine float was, and move two more roads elsewhere and you can move your MH three more squares to the left:
Move level nine residence to the gap near bottom right workshops. Move float of the constructs to the other sie of the MH, Slide level 11 residence to the right to make room for the magic residence and move three more roads.
Now the MH can go three more to the left. You might stop there, but if you want it right in the corner you have to be more creative to move the Magic Academy.
Move the road from besid the first level 8 residence you moved so you can slide the residence over. Then slide the two Purple blossom trees up one so the level 12 residence can slide beside the level 8
Now there's room beside the level 12 you just moved to bring the float of the constructs down, then the Magic academy swaps to the other side of the MH:
Slide MH two more to the left, and there's room on the right of it to put the Elven Float
Though, Frankly, I;de leave the Elven float behind it and just slide it to the top, not needing a road, and when your MH gets bigger in a couple of chapters, you can remove it to make some room.

Taking a shortcut to the end, as I'm getting tired of it, but you need to slide everything back to get your roads back. I'm shifting the magic buildings to the outside as they aren't going to change size unless you are in a group that gets ten chests in a tournament or you spend diamonds upgrading them. More short sides against road than you had and you still have some space for growth left over

1586493234165.png

{/SPOILER]

Risen Malchiah

Regarding the Coldfire Phoenix feeding ability. Is there a reason for it to be when a scout is *finished* rather than when a scout is *started*?

That slight change in the feeding ability would make it more attractive. The result would be the same, but with that small change, the benefits would be instantly noticeable to players. Also, anyone with scout times longer than the duration of the effect would no longer need a degree in mathematics and/or remember to return when a scout completes.

KP now is far more attractive to players than KP tomorrow. I realize changing a building after it's been introduced is generally very problematic, but in this instance, I don't see a downside to the change.

NightshadeCS

Regarding the Coldfire Phoenix feeding ability. Is there a reason for it to be when a scout is *finished* rather than when a scout is *started*?

That slight change in the feeding ability would make it more attractive. The result would be the same, but with that small change, the benefits would be instantly noticeable to players. Also, anyone with scout times longer than the duration of the effect would no longer need a degree in mathematics and/or remember to return when a scout completes.

KP now is far more attractive to players than KP tomorrow. I realize changing a building after it's been introduced is generally very problematic, but in this instance, I don't see a downside to the change.
I had not even thought bout this, since I consigned the Coldfire to eternal pergatory in my inventory, but YES!!! I can easily see myself forgetting time and again to feed that phoenix at the right time. This is one more reason I believe the Coldfire was created to help new players.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Anybody know what has to be done for 2019 Phoenix to come up in crafting? I'm thinking all 3 of them have to be placed for new ones to come around. I just set out a Aureate that I have no intention of leveling up. I'm just hoping that triggers 2019 Phoenix to come up in my MA. I really want another Fire Phoenix!

NightshadeCS

I have the Fire out, have since last year's event. I had disenchanted the other two, but then crafted them both in the MA. In fact, this same scenario has played out in both my cities.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I have the Fire out, have since last year's event. I had disenchanted the other two, but then crafted them both in the MA. In fact, this same scenario has played out in both my cities.

So did you get another Fire Phoenix in crafting? I have a level 10 Fire Phoenix that I use all the time so I really want another one

adding: I also have Level 10 Storm Phoenix

Nevermind :( Asked Support and they say you can only have 1 each of the 2019 Phoenix :( They won't come up to craft. I was really hoping to salvage something good out of this event. Oh Well! Back to this being the worst event EVER and I've been here for all of them.

Last edited:

DeletedUser24439

Hmmm...haven't gotten a phoenix crafting recipe (either one) in almost 5 days now. Wasn't there a blunder on beta about the recipes not showing up because they were disabled? It's probably just my RNG but hope that's not the case here too.

DeletedUser19458

Anybody know what has to be done for 2019 Phoenix to come up in crafting? I'm thinking all 3 of them have to be placed for new ones to come around. I just set out a Aureate that I have no intention of leveling up. I'm just hoping that triggers 2019 Phoenix to come up in my MA. I really want another Fire Phoenix!
You can only get 1 of any evolving building. If you have it out or in inventory, you won't get another from crafting. Same with things like the chess set.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I will agree to disagree with you on that statement. I still think the 2019 Winter Event with the that prize system and the hammers is worst event ever. To me even with the worthless prizes this event is still better and more fun than that winter event.

Just so you are prepared, a rumor floating around about the big May event is that it will also use that system.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@Enevhar Aldarion I hope not and if it does then unless the grand prize is truely phenominal I'll be sitting it out in both of my cities. I'll work on my cities instead.

If you go through the last 10 or so pages of the last Beta spoiler thread that is now archived, you might find the comments there, plus a pic of the May event evolving building, if it has not been removed.