• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Gathering of the Phoenix Cults

Deleted User - 4343124

Probably the one thing I actually like about this event is that we can exchange the new artifacts for the old ones. However, I have yet to see this recipe appear in my MA on beta and it concerns me that it says, "Choose wisely as the Crafting option will only stay a limited time after the event ends!" I don't like this at all, but if it is going to be a limited time, at least say how long. Until the end of the next FA? Before? Longer?

Deleted User - 1580260

Ok ... an 'old' phoenix artifact is the purple thing that looked like a bird and is an instant. We are not getting the promised old ones?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I have never experienced this event, having arrived in October, but I was of the understanding that the Phoenix Lighthouse was part of it. I've been yearning for that since I first saw it, and I couldn't wait for the event. Was I mistaken? I can't seem to find it in any of the daily prizes on Elven Gems. If it's impossible to get, I think I'll cry ... or is it from a different event? Or am I just blind and didn't see it? (I hope.)

AtaguS

I have never experienced this event, having arrived in October, but I was of the understanding that the Phoenix Lighthouse was part of it. I've been yearning for that since I first saw it, and I couldn't wait for the event. Was I mistaken? I can't seem to find it in any of the daily prizes on Elven Gems. If it's impossible to get, I think I'll cry ... or is it from a different event? Or am I just blind and didn't see it? (I hope.)
Yes, sadly, the Phoenix Lighthouse is a set building from a much earlier event. In my opinion, that event has some of the most beautiful artwork. I am still using RR spells on them today to keep them just barely justifiably beneficial so they can stay in my city. So pretty.

Black watch

Now we have seen all 121 Quests - this looks like the Best Quest set ever! Excellent! There is room for improvement though - a few new, different ones would be nice. If the designers want to slow down the rate that players advance - why not Collect x number of Sky Essence? They drop one per hour so there is no way to cheat that - except by buying the Outpost building! Which would make the designers very happy!!

First Jackluyt, thank you for the wonderful post, nicely detailed and very much appreciated. But for me, I don't think this is the best Phoenix set ever... it has some fine features, at least for some, but the one thing that stands out is the collection time(s) two days for some and 3 for others.
I just hate that staggered time on top of having to wait longer and waiting longer means it's watered down.

I like my old set... 24 hours and the amounts I harvest are huge.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
First Jackluyt, thank you for the wonderful post, nicely detailed and very much appreciated. But for me, I don't think this is the best Phoenix set ever... it has some fine features, at least for some, but the one thing that stands out is the collection time(s) two days for some and 3 for others.
I just hate that staggered time on top of having to wait longer and waiting longer means it's watered down.
He's not talking about the prizes, but about the quests, which have fewer roadblocks to stop some people from finishing.

KarlD

I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say "waiting longer means it's watered down." If they offer a building that gives 1000 coins every 24 hours and another that gives 3000 coins every 72 hours, in the long run most people are better off with the 72 hour collect. The reason is that you have to be so much more diligent about collecting on time for shorter collection periods. If I check my city about every 3 hours I'm going to be 1.5 hour late collecting things on average. Losing 1.5 hours on a 24 hour hour production is a loss of 6.25% of the max production, but 1.5 hours on a 72 hour production is a loss of only 2.08%. Not a huge difference perhaps, but hardly watered down if you typically end up with more.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say "waiting longer means it's watered down." If they offer a building that gives 1000 coins every 24 hours and another that gives 3000 coins every 72 hours, in the long run most people are better off with the 72 hour collect. The reason is that you have to be so much more diligent about collecting on time for shorter collection periods. If I check my city about every 3 hours I'm going to be 1.5 hour late collecting things on average. Losing 1.5 hours on a 24 hour hour production is a loss of 6.25% of the max production, but 1.5 hours on a 72 hour production is a loss of only 2.08%. Not a huge difference perhaps, but hardly watered down if you typically end up with more.
You're not factoring opportunity cost into the equation. What you say is correct for anyone who does not face a scarcity of the goods in question, but cities in early chapters are facing a hard stop because they lack enough coin or supplies to complete any action. If your factories have to sit idle over night becuase you don't have enough coins to set them, then you've lost goods becuase you can't access the first third of the coins in your building for the next 48 hours.

KarlD

You're not factoring opportunity cost into the equation. What you say is correct for anyone who does not face a scarcity of the goods in question, but cities in early chapters are facing a hard stop because they lack enough coin or supplies to complete any action. If your factories have to sit idle over night becuase you don't have enough coins to set them, then you've lost goods becuase you can't access the first third of the coins in your building for the next 48 hours.
I still don't like the term "watered down" because it's really just different if not superior. Most people gain for the reasons I gave. That 'hard stop" is really akin to the hard stop we all experience when we upgrade a production building. For some period of time while it upgrades we totally stop producing. There may very well be other upgrades or progress that is delayed because we aren't producing that item, but we upgrade our buildings anyway because in the long run we benefit from increased production. Getting an additional 4% production during the life of that building is probably more beneficial than avoiding a 48 hour delay on some other progress one might be making by collecting from that building sooner.

Black watch

As far as the "watered down" reference went, I meant that a lot of buildings produce on a 24 hr timer. Some of my grand prizes are on 24 hr (Mermaid and Gingerbread, Owl winter set and old Carnival set) and as such I've gotten in the habit of looking at the new prizes offered and think, great that's an upgrade, then I see that they are on a 48 hr timer. Those buildings then figure to only produce at X amount every 24 hrs if you divide it by 2.
So then I reference that to my older prizes and think, yeah not so good now huh...
It's just what I do.
I think this new phoenix is bordering on poop. It's on almost a direct par with my chapter 10 Fire bird. I'm in chapter 13 now... When a chapter ten prize is almost equal to a chapter 13 prize, something is wrong...
And yes, one give sentient goods and the other doesn't, but the rest of the prize is way under for the most part. I look at what my two Marble factories are making in sentient goods and I'm torn... they make more per day... ah yes, there's the rub... the new bird is on 48... so it's half of what I thought.
Yeah. poop... not going to place it.

----

Oh and yeah, most of my productions are being collected at a certain time of the day... so I try and have everything ready on those times. Of course this is just me...

----

I'm still thinking about the set pieces... and yeah, I'm going to apply my silly way of playing the game to them too. I all boils down to when I can play and how I play.
Hope everyone has a great day today... stay safe.

Moderator edit: Merged three consecutive posts.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser19818

Honestly, this event is a big drop off.

Lack of the wishing wells is big. Its mostly why I do the events.

Change of items between artifacts....this went WAY down in value.

Final Building: downgrade from recent. 2kp for 48hrs as level 10? 5kp per scout when fed? This is clearly a turd for anyone over 1/2 of the chapters into the game. Not worth building as far as I can tell.

I really want to hope that something will improve to make the event worthwhile, because it is a real drop from prior events.

TLDR: Event is a stinker as it stands.

neeronie

I'd say yay, but being completely honest, I'm not very excited about this one. I feel let down by the Coldfire Phoenix. It's the third evolving building in a row that is okay, but not exciting, and with art that doesn't get my motor running. I appreciate the inclusion of converting Coldfire artifacts to the other artifact type for players who don't have one, but I don't feel like this event offers me anything to get excited about.

Short link for sharing to your FS: bit.ly/eph2020
my biggest concern is that it could need pet food, I can't make pet food fast enough to satisfy the hungry pets that I have now

DeletedUser24439

Ridiculous Start to the event. My crafting recipes ticked over six hours ago in the middle of the night (before the event should even have started) and two of five recipes are for crafting coldfire artifacts into last-year's artifacts when I had no way to obtain artifacts.

HAHA that sounds like something this game would do.

Deleted User - 4491607

Honestly I feel like I'm just recovering from the carnival event. I'm into chapter 3 ... any advice on what to hope for? Space is an eternal consideration for me so I have to choose my goals

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Yes, sadly, the Phoenix Lighthouse is a set building from a much earlier event. In my opinion, that event has some of the most beautiful artwork. I am still using RR spells on them today to keep them just barely justifiably beneficial so they can stay in my city. So pretty.
Thanks for letting me know ... dang, I wish they'd bring them back.