• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Gathering of the Phoenix Cults

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
after doing the easy first levels Spire just now i am now at 36K
And it only goes up from there...
SF's.png
I miss the BIG colored EGGS
Me, too! They were there the first day I started playing this game (and knew less than nothing!). When they went away, I thought something had broken in the game, lol!

Shyama1

I wonder if Inno made it 3:1 and 2:1 specifically to minimize the chance of people making the disastrous mistake of converting artifacts in the wrong direction.
That can be the right direction for those who already have the Fire Phoenix and like the Coldfire ;)

Deleted User - 3932582

LOL, with quarantines everywhere, that was my fastest event by far. I still need to close 9 VV for quest #119, so will wrap it up in ~6 more hours, but the rest was done within <38hrs from the start ;)

Usually it takes at least 2-3 days...

KarlD

Every time Inno gives us something nice, like the Spire, soon after they take back something else, on the pretext they are giving us too much. And they take back much more than they gave us !
Although I totally get your point about how Inno giveth and taketh away, it's hard to relate to someone with 5 Brown Bears complaining about the terrible loss of troop production they are suffering, particularly with all the time instants Inno is giving us in the Spire. I agree with everything you wrote except that they take back much more than they gave us. I'm gaining maybe 200 hours of time instants each week in the Spire while I'm losing some number in an event that occurs every 3 months. I'm pretty sure I'm coming out ahead in time boosts with what they gave in the Spire. I will admit that may not be the case for someone who can get 5 Brown Bears, but for the vast majority of us I don't think they are taking back more than they've given. Sometimes we just need to be grateful for what we already have.

I feel I am in the rather unique position of actually supporting Inno in clawing back some of what they've given us. I'm a huge fan of the Spire, but at the same time it's kinda decreased my enjoyment of the game. I know that's very strange, but here's why. I love great prizes. Who doesn't? The more, the merrier. But what I'm finding is that the gazillions of time instants the Spire gives have turned tournaments into the fairly mindless task of clicking troops and autofighting. There was a time when I could manual fight and save enough troops that I could be competitive in tournaments against bigger players because troops were somewhat of a limiting factor for everyone. Now manual fighting makes no sense in tournaments because I have so many troops that there's just no point. I get some of my manual fighting fix from the Spire where I might not even get through 2 or 3 waves without it. But even then it's not a big deal to just negotiate on those occasions since I hafta spend my goods on something or what's the point of having them. But for the tournaments it's mostly just choosing troops and hitting autofight. Because most everybody is autofighting and there are so many troops available, the skill factor has been minimized. it's getting to the point where scores are limited by the availability of provinces to autofight in. Never stop scouting, boys and girls.

Besides the decrease in the value of manual fighting, the rather generous amount of time instants has decreased the value of time instants. They used to be somewhat rare and special; something to look forward to winning in an event. When they were mostly prizes in an event one could differentiate themself by perhaps choosing time instants over KP or or some special event building. Now that I win over 200 hours of them each week they've lost a great deal of their luster. Winning more would just mean more troops and more mindless autofighting. So Inno apparently read my mind and replaced time instants with far fewer troops from my Barracks that I hardly use anyway, but unfortunately that just feels like an insult and hardly something to look forward to.

But there's still more. Portal Profits were once fairly rare. I once looked forward to winning trading outposts and would devote space for them in my city. Now I seem to accumulate them like crazy. No need to waste space on buildings that produce them when I'm winning more than I can use in the Spire. Then there are the Magic Buildings. Winning one is kinda awesome actually. I've won a workshop and several houses and I love them. And there's more still cuz there're diamonds. A pretty steady flow of them. Maybe enough to buy a Magic building every month or so. That's freaking awesome too. Who (besides me) can complain?

Even the rather pedestrian spell fragments and CC spells are more than a little. There was a time when it took forever to create a CC spells and you had to give something up to get spell fragments and crafting something kinda meant something and opening the Mystical Object was a fairly rare event. Not anymore. Now the only time anybody considers disenchanting anything is for an event quest.

So the net effect of all that the Spire gives is that nothing is special anymore. There's very little that an event can offer me now that is more exciting than what is being offered to me each and every week already in the Spire. I'm confident my fs will get to the point where we open final Spire chest on a regular basis and we'll be averaging over 400 diamonds a week from the Spire. What evolving building can they offer that's going to really be interesting? If it's not a Purple Dingo that gives my troops extra health or another Brown Bear or Fire Phoenix, I'm not sure what to look forward to. So I'm afraid I'm not of the mind that they've given and taken back even more. Unfortunately, now that I've been getting it for a while it would be hard to give up too much of it. I'm not sure what the answer is, but I don't think it's a bad thing for Inno to put on the brakes for a bit.

Arkadia

Remind me again.... why i want to do this event? :oops: besides of pure time killing ofc

In most events i cant wait to get the Outpost to get the extra few stuff.... now.... i had to double and triple check .... the grand prizes are lame... the daily prizes are pretty much worthless, not even aesthetically appealing... and the chests ...why the hell do u guys keep tweaking something that works? :rolleyes:

In total honestly, i find no motivation to do this event again.... just disappointing :rolleyes:.... like the Winter event was... well, maybe not that much, but close.

at least the quests are doable w ease, that's a good thing....
will tag along, but no rush, no excitement, and.... without the Outpost :confused:

KarlD

Clearly this event is not intended for advanced players. It's a vehicle for helping the little cities get a leg up. Cities that missed out on Fire Phoenix are getting a chance to get one and upgrade it to a reasonable level. I really don't have an issue with that. Advanced cities can sit this one out. I wouldn't expect an awesome following event either, but it will probably be better.

Deleted User - 3932582

So after finishing the main quest line, and dumping all the currency (about 4.6K), here is how I did vs expected values:

As expected:
- Grand Prizes: halfway to GP #11 (so very close to getting 6th Coldfire artifact) - that's pretty much bang on, exactly as expected
- Troop instants: small fluctuations, but by and large as expected
- IM spells

Less than expected:
- Daily Prizes: A LOT less than expected, got literally only half of dailies vs anticipated (9 vs 18)
- AWKPs: somewhat less, but not unusual (AWKP + KP together basically as expected)

More than expected:
- Coins and supply instants: if course that's the area of outperformance...
- KPs: somewhat more, but not unusual (AWKP + KP together basically as expected)
- Rune shards: pretty low numbers regardless, got one rune that I really wanted, so it's OK

So basically, my draws traded some KPs instead of AWKPs (not the best trade as you can't store KPs, but it's pretty marginal difference), and extra coin and supply instants at the cost of dailies. Now that's a terrible trade ;(

If there would be anything that I really wanted here, I'd be really disappointed ;)

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
My 2 cents...:rolleyes: GRAND - Adjective. grand, magnificent, imposing, stately, majestic, grandiose mean large and impressive ;)

and while i truly do LOVE the Spire.... please give me a break on Spell Fragments. If i could CONVERT them to something else when you have over 36k???BE SAFE.. its a JUNGLE out there! (oops after doing the easy first levels Spire just now i am now at 36K NOT 26K :mad::mad::mad::mad:)​
The sad part about it is I desperately need fragments and I hardly ever seem to get them in the spire. (Of course, I only do the lowest part). I always hope for them and instead get a 2 hour time booster or ensorcel. I won't go to level 2, so I guess maybe that's where they are all hiding. :(

LisaMV

Yes, sadly, the Phoenix Lighthouse is a set building from a much earlier event. In my opinion, that event has some of the most beautiful artwork. I am still using RR spells on them today to keep them just barely justifiably beneficial so they can stay in my city. So pretty.
{side note!= The absolutely stunning artwork is what drew me in to this in the first place, and I still gasp at the beauty as I visit different places ~ clearly the artist has changed. The first time I aquired what is called the "Crystal Unicorn" I think I actually shrieked outloud - it looks like it's made from cheap plastic, not crystal at all! Do they ever update their artwork? They should start with that.}

AtaguS

I feel I am in the rather unique position of actually supporting Inno in clawing back some of what they've given us. I'm a huge fan of the Spire, but at the same time it's kinda decreased my enjoyment of the game. I know that's very strange, but here's why. I love great prizes. Who doesn't? The more, the merrier. But what I'm finding is that the gazillions of time instants the Spire gives have turned tournaments into the fairly mindless task of clicking troops and autofighting.
I have to agree with this. There was a time in this game when events were exciting.
-They brought a beautiful change over the city and I was eager to see the new buildings available.
-The pirizes were rare and welcomed and I always wanted more and more!
-It was exciting to see how these new goodies could help my game, albeit temporarily until the next event where I had the promise of winning some more.

Suddenly, there is little waiting and nearly non-stop ways of getting these goodies 24/7. My cynical self suspects we got the "more and more" because they are huge diamond producers for Inno. So we got what we asked for and the old adage never goes out of style about that! The availability of these - once rare - goodies has allowed for players to make the use of them a part of their daily game strategy. And now...if Inno takes them away they are messing up an entire way of playing for many.

"Go back to the basic tools we gave you to get things done..." Yes, only now that we've learned to leap frog over guest races with PPs, race around with TIs, fight at leisure with bears and phoenixes and all manner of other goodies...the old way has become like the basic background chores we log on to get done and so...lacklustre.

I'm seeing quite a few posts lately asking for or suggesting new and beautiful or imaginitive artwork, newly dreamt up pets or culture placements, something, anything new and creative...this makes me think we are all craving that same excitement that once was.

I don't have a fix for this observation in mind just agreeing with what @KarlD is experiencing too. Too much of a good thing has spoilt the stew slightly. Perhaps these crappy event prizes and a scale down of goodies we've all become accostomed to will bring back some of that old magic. Perhaps it is too late. Time will tell. Meantime, I want it allllll and love the spire and hunting for essence and the thrill of that little green check mark as a quest is complete...and I realize this makes me very much a part of the problem.

Deleted User - 4366037

Clearly this event is not intended for advanced players. It's a vehicle for helping the little cities get a leg up. Cities that missed out on Fire Phoenix are getting a chance to get one and upgrade it to a reasonable level. I really don't have an issue with that. Advanced cities can sit this one out. I wouldn't expect an awesome following event either, but it will probably be better.
I respectfully disagree. The fact that we can earn and trade for 2019 artifacts is admittedly a huge bonus (and honestly the only reason I am participating in this event), but otherwise the fact that this event has been downgraded even more so than the last few events hurts us newer players. This also goes to your point in your previous post about agreeing with Inno's actions to dwindle down the prizes. Those actions may make sense if someone is an advanced player, has many of the excellent older event buildings, can reach high levels in the spire, etc., but newer players do not have this imbalance. We are sharing the same cutbacks as the advanced players, but without the benefit of all of those perpetual resources.

All I see is a lack of wishing wells, where I can gain only a minor amount of gems each week in the spire, a lack of time instants and libraries, where I do not have a large supply of either, and the troop instants are still terrible ratios even for smaller cities. I would love to be in a position where I am overflowing with all things and no longer feel excitement from event offerings, but that is not the perspective of newer players. I think this event is specifically intended to offset previous rewards for advanced players, and newer players are unfortunately stuck in the same boat. Even with the opportunity to evolve a previous Phoenix building, the game is designed so we could only do so if we sacrifice all of our artifacts for the new building. Fortunately the new building is terrible so it does not matter, but the point is that we are still not able to obtain both evolved buildings playing normally.

DeletedUser24439

So I have already seen 4 2019 -> 2020 artifact conversions but not a single 2020 -> 2019 conversion yet. Bad luck perhaps? (Or good luck since I wouldn't have the coldfire artifacts to craft the 2019 artifacts right now anyway?). Methinks the rates of these two conversions popping up may not be the same as Inno may not want us to go completely ham on crafting 2019 artifacts. I've noticed a similar thing with pet foods; the ones for spell fragments are a lot rarer.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
So I have already seen 4 2019 -> 2020 artifact conversions but not a single 2020 -> 2019 conversion yet. Bad luck perhaps? (Or good luck since I wouldn't have the coldfire artifacts to craft the 2019 artifacts right now anyway?). Methinks the rates of these two conversions popping up may not be the same as Inno may not want us to go completely ham on crafting 2019 artifacts. I've noticed a similar thing with pet foods; the ones for spell fragments are a lot rarer.
Yes, I've noticed the 2019 to 2020 conversion in the MA, but none the other way around. The 2020 coldfire is so terrible I will sell it for spell fragments, which I desperately need, after a while. I'll keep the artifacts in case I can convert some to 2019, but the way it sounds, INNO is going to make that a lot harder than converting to coldfire.

Deleted User - 3932582

You mean this one? ;)
ColdFireConversion.PNG

Deleted User - 4366037

I have seen it pop up twice so far in one of my cities, but not the other. I think it is just RNG. I am still waiting for the fire phoenix to pop up on my main city o_O