• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Gathering of the Phoenix Cults

Deleted User - 3932582

I am sure that varies greatly depending on what chapter someone is in. A lot of daily prizes are decent for early chapter players who do not need to use all their spare space on guest race buildings. And I am sure someone in chapter 9 or 10 for mana, or chapter 11 or 12 for seeds, will be quite happy with the mana or seed producing buildings they may win. Some players past chapter 12 may even be happy getting those same buildings, especially the Burning Pool, when it comes up later in the event. So no, not all the daily prizes suck. Plus we don't even know the final four or five yet.
No question, some of the dailies can be quite useful for some people. For people with no or underevolved Fire Phoenix this is hands down an excellent event. Don't waste this opportunity! You know who you are ;)

Burning Pools (and Galactical Eggs) are really good mana producers for people needed mana, almost as good as it gets outside of set buildings that are no longer available. I am not so hot on Golden Palaces for seeds anymore as Festival Merchants are simply better. Palaces are not terrible if you can't wait for enough FMs to show up, so might be useful for people needing to jump start their seed production (e.g. early seed chapters). I really dislike absence of early collect though.

Phoenix Cult is pretty decent culture/pop; not the best but pretty good. It was pretty early in the event though, so probably not that many people could benefit.

They've had a lot of low pop / high(ish) culture hybrids, or pure culture. I usually don't like these at all for anyone as craftable culture (e.g. Lava Codex) is almost always a better deal if one needs culture. Maybe for people who want large buildings because these are more efficient for NH.

My bigger problem with the dailies is that there is a sizable group of people (e.g. advanced / end-game players) for whom there is literally nothing in there that would be useful. I don't expect all the dailies to be useful, but at least something? I mean, even with a single 30AWKP day it won't be a complete write off. While it may still happen, the chances for that are getting pretty slim (also considering AWKP is a part of the grand prize rotation now). I don't get that part at all. With limited quests you can't farm dailies, so a few hundred AWKP as a result of the full event doesn't sound overly excessive. People win comparable amounts from a single tournament.

DeletedUser3139

There is no daily (that I can see so far - please surprise me in the last few Inno!) that I can see any use for in my city. I am pushing through this event though as I only had a level 5 fire phoenix at the start - I want that up to 10! Other than that and "incidental" prizes from opening chests, this is a bust for me.

GlamDoll

That's a pretty steep price, don't you agree? What use is easy or even enjoyable quest line if that there is no point in pursuing it?

Although, it was not addressed to me, I will bite & chime in my 2 cents...

Indeed it is! I am thankful for the option to get the artifacts that truly matter...I just wish there was a bit more to choose from this Event.

@InnoGames Our time is limited! AKA The Global catastrophe at hand! Please reassess the situation. Thank you!

Pheryll

Set Designer
Actually, it is not.

Situations can vary. Some states have limited exposure to the virus and large areas with no presence at all. When isolation measures are taken there it does have a significant impact in flattening the curve, that is delaying the initial exposure so that care centers and hospitals are not overwhelmed. With a shortage of medications, time is needed and the more that can be bought by delaying the better. Or so that would be the reasoning of the CDC.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
So I have run across a couple of interesting things with some of the quests so far. Two quests I have completed to spend KP, one to spend 12 and one to spend 16, both completed after I had only spent 10 KP.

And the quests that require you to produce a certain amount of goods, whether just tier 1, or tier 1 and 2, or tier 1, 2, and 3. They all say "or", but I found that these are actually "and/or" quests, in that they counted all the goods of the listed types towards the total needed, not just a single good of a single tier, like quests with the same wording did in previous events. So be aware you can mix and match the listed types when collecting and they will all count.

GlamDoll

Situations can vary.
Yes...for now. (See Mardi Gras/Louisiana) ...They are the forerunner now (In the USA). Remember about 2 weeks ago? When they had zero reported cases?

Although, it was not addressed to me, I will bite & chime in my 2 cents...

Indeed it is! I am thankful for the option to get the artifacts that truly matter...I just wish there was a bit more to choose from this Event.

@InnoGames Our time is limited! AKA The Global catastrophe at hand! Please reassess the situation. Thank you!

I am aware nobody likes to be wrong & everybody likes to be right...

I STILL stand by my post!!!

It IS GLOBAL. It IS a catastrophe. This is only the beginning...

Deleted User - 1178646

I have to agree with this. There was a time in this game when events were exciting.
-They brought a beautiful change over the city and I was eager to see the new buildings available.
-The pirizes were rare and welcomed and I always wanted more and more!
-It was exciting to see how these new goodies could help my game, albeit temporarily until the next event where I had the promise of winning some more.

Suddenly, there is little waiting and nearly non-stop ways of getting these goodies 24/7. My cynical self suspects we got the "more and more" because they are huge diamond producers for Inno. So we got what we asked for and the old adage never goes out of style about that! The availability of these - once rare - goodies has allowed for players to make the use of them a part of their daily game strategy. And now...if Inno takes them away they are messing up an entire way of playing for many.

"Go back to the basic tools we gave you to get things done..." Yes, only now that we've learned to leap frog over guest races with PPs, race around with TIs, fight at leisure with bears and phoenixes and all manner of other goodies...the old way has become like the basic background chores we log on to get done and so...lacklustre.

I'm seeing quite a few posts lately asking for or suggesting new and beautiful or imaginitive artwork, newly dreamt up pets or culture placements, something, anything new and creative...this makes me think we are all craving that same excitement that once was.

I don't have a fix for this observation in mind just agreeing with what @KarlD is experiencing too. Too much of a good thing has spoilt the stew slightly. Perhaps these crappy event prizes and a scale down of goodies we've all become accostomed to will bring back some of that old magic. Perhaps it is too late. Time will tell. Meantime, I want it allllll and love the spire and hunting for essence and the thrill of that little green check mark as a quest is complete...and I realize this makes me very much a part of the problem.

That was years ago when they were introduced, havent been exited anymore sinds a long while, but many players aren't endgamers, gettting an endgamer who has gained everything exited ain't easy. even when there was somthing "good to get" it was always like, ok which day? work towards that day and done.

Since the opening of a new world and not the heritage that I have on the "old account" I am having quite a bit of fun, rushed trought the assignments, and crashed trough half a chapter in under a week just to reach forest elves chapter in time for burning pool, and post of the acolytes(for culture) to help me out in the comming 2 chapters. I rather had burning egg, but finishing half a chapter in 3 days or so was a bit to much to ask.

I think we should understand that events are most fun when you are still developing yourt city, the faster the chapters pass, the more fun the events are.
The one thing I really miss in this event is a item sink. something usefull in some way for my main to do somthing.

The removal of all of those sinks makes it really bothersome for me on my main.
There is simlly nothing usefull to get in any way shape or form atm, there should be something for everyone.

Presume I am a big spender and an end gamer,, on what am I spending something? building 768 of to many I can't use?
I need someting "endless" I can sink my teeth in, it doesnt matter if it are timeboosters, those troop instants, coin / hammer instants something. somthing I can throw $100 at and imagine I can get something out of it.

26 daily buildings won't cut it. and the main prize is perfect for new players who need that firephoenix and do not need to make that choice but not for the end gamer who has noting to gain at spending money on it.

DeletedUser19458

I am sure that varies greatly depending on what chapter someone is in. A lot of daily prizes are decent for early chapter players who do not need to use all their spare space on guest race buildings. And I am sure someone in chapter 9 or 10 for mana, or chapter 11 or 12 for seeds, will be quite happy with the mana or seed producing buildings they may win. Some players past chapter 12 may even be happy getting those same buildings, especially the Burning Pool, when it comes up later in the event. So no, not all the daily prizes suck. Plus we don't even know the final four or five yet.
Fair points. I was too general and I agree depending on your chapter there will be a few valuable buildings in the mix. In my head I had been thinking outside of the buildings there is no other expiring buildings, instants, WW, KP, etc being offered this go around (ok, a few KP in the chests but none in the dailies). And I lump the coldfire phoenix into that mix too ... no thanks.

Lets hope they throw us a bone with these last 5 unveiled dailies.

AtaguS

I think we should understand that events are most fun when you are still developing yourt city, the faster the chapters pass, the more fun the events are.
The one thing I really miss in this event is a item sink. something usefull in some way for my main to do somthing.
Perhaps this is part of the magic-loss too. Yes, I can see this being the case as well. Apart from getting old phoenix artifcats (and coldfire ones to convert - rare that they're needed for endgame players so just speaking for myself there), I agree there is nothing much in the way of usefull for endgame players. I'd argue that seeing recycled culture buildings is also a let down...they are not excitingly usefull at this stage, and even less enticing aesthetically, for many of us of us who have seen them before.
So yes, a bone or two for late stage players would be nice.

Deleted User - 4366037

The trend I am seeing, of which I am a part as well, is that many players are participating in this event for the sole purpose of being able to level up last year's phoenix building. While I cannot overstate how appreciative I am at being able to get and evolve a great building from last year, I can't be alone in thinking it is still an issue that so few are interested in this years evolving building or daily prizes. I feel conflicted because if this building was actually decent then I would have to make the difficult choice between evolving the current and previous building, since there would not be enough artifacts to do both, but that could still be a fun, strategic part of the game. I guess what I am struggling with is that Inno has to know what the numbers are (i.e. the pop/culture/etc. ratios); they know how few chapters would benefit from the dailies and how the evolving building would not be worth the space for many either. If we accept that assumption it would mean that Inno intentionally designed this event to focus more on last year's building than this one, with few other significant benefits. Why? Why not then just bring back all of the old phoenix buildings and have the artifacts apply to them all. Because of the limited quests people still would not be able to fully evolve multiple buildings any more than they could now. I am confused by how Inno is implementing this.

DeletedUser19818

Guys.....Gals.....someone give me a reason to give a hoot about this event. Please. I did a few quests and I just can't seem to care now. I'm literally playing cards instead. SMH.

DeletedUser24439

I have seen it pop up twice so far in one of my cities, but not the other. I think it is just RNG. I am still waiting for the fire phoenix to pop up on my main city o_O

I'm currently at 6 coldfire recipes to 0 2019 phoenix recipes. I hope you're right and I am just that unlucky '64th player'. Do you guys know the distribution of artifact recipes you have seen so far? Hoping that my initial assumption of the 2020 coldfire recipe being more common is wrong.

Deleted User - 4366037

I'm currently at 6 coldfire recipes to 0 2019 phoenix recipes. I hope you're right and I am just that unlucky '64th player'. Do you guys know the distribution of artifact recipes you have seen so far? Hoping that my initial assumption of the 2020 coldfire recipe being more common is wrong.
In my main city I have seen the 2020->2019 exchange once, while I have seen it at least 6 times in my second city.

Crow Last Elf

I've had the recipe to make 2020 artifacts twice and the 2019 recipe once. Completely random I think.

AtaguS

I've had the chance to craft 2019 recipes 2x and the 2020 ones 3 times. So early in the game I've only been able to use the 2019 craft option once. I hope they keep them going for at least a few weeks after the event so we have a chance to use up all our 2020 artifacts.

DeletedUser24439

Nice to know you guys are getting the 2019 artifact recipe. I'm kind of skeptical of the rates because the phoenixes from last year seem more popular than the coldfire phoenix this year. Also, I've heard of a few players on beta mention they didn't see the 2019 recipe once even later in the event which was a little concerning. Fortunately, it's better to have the recipes come up near the end of the event when you actually have the coldfire artifacts so I'll still be optimistic I can get enough 2019 artifacts.