• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Gathering of the Phoenix Cults

Shyama1

Although I totally get your point about how Inno giveth and taketh away, it's hard to relate to someone with 5 Brown Bears complaining about the terrible loss of troop production they are suffering, particularly with all the time instants Inno is giving us in the Spire. I agree with everything you wrote except that they take back much more than they gave us. I'm gaining maybe 200 hours of time instants each week in the Spire while I'm losing some number in an event that occurs every 3 months. I'm pretty sure I'm coming out ahead in time boosts with what they gave in the Spire. I will admit that may not be the case for someone who can get 5 Brown Bears, but for the vast majority of us I don't think they are taking back more than they've given. Sometimes we just need to be grateful for what we already have.

I feel I am in the rather unique position of actually supporting Inno in clawing back some of what they've given us. I'm a huge fan of the Spire, but at the same time it's kinda decreased my enjoyment of the game. I know that's very strange, but here's why. I love great prizes. Who doesn't? The more, the merrier. But what I'm finding is that the gazillions of time instants the Spire gives have turned tournaments into the fairly mindless task of clicking troops and autofighting. There was a time when I could manual fight and save enough troops that I could be competitive in tournaments against bigger players because troops were somewhat of a limiting factor for everyone. Now manual fighting makes no sense in tournaments because I have so many troops that there's just no point. I get some of my manual fighting fix from the Spire where I might not even get through 2 or 3 waves without it. But even then it's not a big deal to just negotiate on those occasions since I hafta spend my goods on something or what's the point of having them. But for the tournaments it's mostly just choosing troops and hitting autofight. Because most everybody is autofighting and there are so many troops available, the skill factor has been minimized. it's getting to the point where scores are limited by the availability of provinces to autofight in. Never stop scouting, boys and girls.

Besides the decrease in the value of manual fighting, the rather generous amount of time instants has decreased the value of time instants. They used to be somewhat rare and special; something to look forward to winning in an event. When they were mostly prizes in an event one could differentiate themself by perhaps choosing time instants over KP or or some special event building. Now that I win over 200 hours of them each week they've lost a great deal of their luster. Winning more would just mean more troops and more mindless autofighting. So Inno apparently read my mind and replaced time instants with far fewer troops from my Barracks that I hardly use anyway, but unfortunately that just feels like an insult and hardly something to look forward to.

But there's still more. Portal Profits were once fairly rare. I once looked forward to winning trading outposts and would devote space for them in my city. Now I seem to accumulate them like crazy. No need to waste space on buildings that produce them when I'm winning more than I can use in the Spire. Then there are the Magic Buildings. Winning one is kinda awesome actually. I've won a workshop and several houses and I love them. And there's more still cuz there're diamonds. A pretty steady flow of them. Maybe enough to buy a Magic building every month or so. That's freaking awesome too. Who (besides me) can complain?

Even the rather pedestrian spell fragments and CC spells are more than a little. There was a time when it took forever to create a CC spells and you had to give something up to get spell fragments and crafting something kinda meant something and opening the Mystical Object was a fairly rare event. Not anymore. Now the only time anybody considers disenchanting anything is for an event quest.

So the net effect of all that the Spire gives is that nothing is special anymore. There's very little that an event can offer me now that is more exciting than what is being offered to me each and every week already in the Spire. I'm confident my fs will get to the point where we open final Spire chest on a regular basis and we'll be averaging over 400 diamonds a week from the Spire. What evolving building can they offer that's going to really be interesting? If it's not a Purple Dingo that gives my troops extra health or another Brown Bear or Fire Phoenix, I'm not sure what to look forward to. So I'm afraid I'm not of the mind that they've given and taken back even more. Unfortunately, now that I've been getting it for a while it would be hard to give up too much of it. I'm not sure what the answer is, but I don't think it's a bad thing for Inno to put on the brakes for a bit.

Do you think Inno gave me those 5 Brown Bears, like "hey, here's a gift for you..." ?
I used to get 3~4 MONTHS worth of Time Spells from each good old Events (before Inno started nerfing everything) so I see what I actually get from the Spire as neglectible...

Yogi Dave

The 2020 coldfire is so terrible I will sell it for spell fragments, which I desperately need, after a while.
You may want to reconsider disenchanting it. If you do, it will show up in your MA to be crafted taking one of the 5 slots. I've kept every evolving building and the chest set pieces in inventory just to prevent that. However, if it's the only thing you have to disenchant, you may have to.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
You may want to reconsider disenchanting it. If you do, it will show up in your MA to be crafted taking one of the 5 slots. I've kept every evolving building and the chest set pieces in inventory just to prevent that. However, if it's the only thing you have to disenchant, you may have to.

It won't start showing up til after the event is over, which is actually too bad, because crafting a Phoenix is worth more than 20 VV. I disenchanted my Aureate base just to give it a chance to show up for crafting during this event

Last edited:

Shyama1

This is a smart advice. I'm also keeping in my inventory every crappy evolving building to avoid seeing them in craft receipes.

Yogi Dave

I disenchanted my Aureate base just to give it a chance to show up for crafting during this event
A valid point, especially with needing 210 vapors during this event and you can't research or scout in a reasonable amount of time. However, you need it to show in the MA at just the right time. You can craft it and not collect if it shows up early. But that leaves the MA idle, which I don't like doing.

KarlD

Do you think Inno gave me those 5 Brown Bears, like "hey, here's a gift for you..." ?
I used to get 3~4 MONTHS worth of Time Spells from each good old Events (before Inno started nerfing everything) so I see what I actually get from the Spire as neglectible...
Sorry. It was not my intent to imply that you were just gifted those Brown Bears. I was just saying that a city that could cycle through through the prizes that many times to get 5 brown bears might actually be able to cycle through enough prizes to come out ahead of the Spire in time instants, but most cities couldn't (or didn't) do that. Now you've confirmed that was in fact the case. Frankly, I had acquired quite a few time instants that I didn't much use. I'm sorry I wasn't smart enough to make use of them during those pivotal moments when the Fire Phoenix and Brown Bear were available like you and some others were.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Oh you're right. I'd forgotten about that. Yep, I'll hold off unless I need it to craft portal profits. Dang, I wish I hadn't disenchanted my portal profits when I was in chapter two, thinking chapter 6 was so far away, I'd get more later. Grrrr. Live and learn. Thanks for the warning.

qaccy

Folks at Inno seem to be working really hard to keep the power curve from going up in this game, huh? Everything new seems to include a give and take in order to keep everything 'balanced'. To their credit, they seem to care more about this 'balance' than making money, as the artifact crafting recipes in the Academy are the only ones that cannot be paid for with diamonds instead. They really want to make sure that players cannot acquire multiple of any evolving buildings outside of their respective events.

DeletedUser22838

I am basically only getting knowledge points on every event now. I will probably have over 500 by the time this is done. A little variety would be nice.

Kawhi is a Raptor

me 24/7
3u6pmt.jpg

DeletedUser19458

Some event feedback: I love the quest system. Finally after the debacle of the last many events, this one is very well balanced I think and really works through a variety. Happy with what they've done on this one.

However, it appears to come at a cost - all the prizes suck. I collected some Phoenix Cults but that will be it. They've nerfed everything else away that makes an event worth playing.

With one exception ... I'm hoping if I get enough Coldfire evo's, I can cash them in for 2019 evo's. Combined with a few I have left over from last year, I may be able to sell and recraft my firebird to my current chapter ... a better way to upgrade it than RR's (that I get no more than a few a week). So for me - only reason to continue with the event is because of last years' event prize.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
However, it appears to come at a cost - all the prizes suck. I collected some Phoenix Cults but that will be it. They've nerfed everything else away that makes an event worth playing.

I am sure that varies greatly depending on what chapter someone is in. A lot of daily prizes are decent for early chapter players who do not need to use all their spare space on guest race buildings. And I am sure someone in chapter 9 or 10 for mana, or chapter 11 or 12 for seeds, will be quite happy with the mana or seed producing buildings they may win. Some players past chapter 12 may even be happy getting those same buildings, especially the Burning Pool, when it comes up later in the event. So no, not all the daily prizes suck. Plus we don't even know the final four or five yet.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
I have to agree with this. There was a time in this game when events were exciting.
-They brought a beautiful change over the city and I was eager to see the new buildings available.
-The pirizes were rare and welcomed and I always wanted more and more!
-It was exciting to see how these new goodies could help my game, albeit temporarily until the next event where I had the promise of winning some more.

Suddenly, there is little waiting and nearly non-stop ways of getting these goodies 24/7. My cynical self suspects we got the "more and more" because they are huge diamond producers for Inno. So we got what we asked for and the old adage never goes out of style about that! The availability of these - once rare - goodies has allowed for players to make the use of them a part of their daily game strategy. And now...if Inno takes them away they are messing up an entire way of playing for many.

"Go back to the basic tools we gave you to get things done..." Yes, only now that we've learned to leap frog over guest races with PPs, race around with TIs, fight at leisure with bears and phoenixes and all manner of other goodies...the old way has become like the basic background chores we log on to get done and so...lacklustre.

I'm seeing quite a few posts lately asking for or suggesting new and beautiful or imaginitive artwork, newly dreamt up pets or culture placements, something, anything new and creative...this makes me think we are all craving that same excitement that once was.

I don't have a fix for this observation in mind just agreeing with what @KarlD is experiencing too. Too much of a good thing has spoilt the stew slightly. Perhaps these crappy event prizes and a scale down of goodies we've all become accostomed to will bring back some of that old magic. Perhaps it is too late. Time will tell. Meantime, I want it allllll and love the spire and hunting for essence and the thrill of that little green check mark as a quest is complete...and I realize this makes me very much a part of the problem.

Thank you for your well put together and thought out feedback ^.^

DeletedUser24439

I just want to say that I love the load screen showing the flying phoenixii. I also like the background on the quest pop-ups. It's nice to see something besides taupe. : )

Now if only we could design actual buildings like that on the cliffsides...that would be amazing!

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I just want to say that I love the load screen showing the flying phoenixii. I also like the background on the quest pop-ups. It's nice to see something besides taupe. : )
I agree; the Phoenix birds are outstanding. I wish the prizes weren't so terrible. Heck, I'd even take 10 minute time instants over inspiring meditation, lol.

AtaguS

Aaaaand, I think it would be discourteous not to voice my appreciation for the chance to acquire old phoenix artifacts...having voiced my disappointment over not having them so many times . With the 3 they give in the quest line...and assuming I can acquire at least 7 coldfire artifacts and convert them in the MA...I may be looking at a level 7 or 8 legendary phoenix from events of old. It is the only reason I'm working so hard on this event, but to be fair it is a really good reason for those of us who missed out on them last year.