• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Gathering of the Phoenix Cults

Yogi Dave

This year it started out really interesting with competing cults who worshiped different Phoenixes, I was curious where the story would go, but then it never really went anywhere and quest givers started repeating their dialogue.
I really like the stories that are presented in many of the chapters and the mini events. I've wished that the major events did the same and was excited that this event was embracing story telling and much better than the bard in my opinion. Then it stopped and sadly reverted to the repeating of a few phrases. In a very disappointing event for an end of chapters player, this was but another nail in the coffin.

shimmerfly

Anyone else bored to death? I haven't even looked at the quests for this event. I'm just playing them as they come. No rush to get what's offered here.

Quest dialogue is not difficult. This year it started out really interesting with competing cults who worshiped different Phoenixes, I was curious where the story would go, but then it never really went anywhere and quest givers started repeating their dialogue.

Please solicit event & story ideas from the players. We have a TON of them. Some good. Some not so good. But at least it might get you pointed in the right direction. I'd write up a whole event for ya if I knew it might actually get looked at.
I took the liberty to bold @Risen Malchiah post. This may be a good contest? Write the storyline.....but then again they probably wouldn't use it.
Poor birds eating troops uniforms can not be good for them.

Risen Malchiah

Oh, yeah, I'd love to do a contest like that! :) I think my ideas would be unique. They might require a tiny adjustment to the quest window's UI but beyond that, the quests wouldn't require anything the game hasn't already shown the ability to track. And it would give me something extra to do while I'm inside for a month.

If I remember, there were contests for event ideas a long time ago. Might be good to bring that out again, though I actually really liked the concept of this event. A rival coldfire cult branching from the original phoenix cult sounded really interesting to me. It just didn't go anywhere.

Last edited:

DeletedUser24439

I really like the stories that are presented in many of the chapters and the mini events. I've wished that the major events did the same and was excited that this event was embracing story telling and much better than the bard in my opinion. Then it stopped and sadly reverted to the repeating of a few phrases. In a very disappointing event for an end of chapters player, this was but another nail in the coffin.

Seems like the Elvenar team can't do anything right these days; now I'm hearing end game players have no prize they are interested in. WOW... you know I would go back to Forge of Empires but I quit that game because it got too science-fiction even when they said it wouldn't. Shame that the fantasy builder has the incompetent developers...

DeletedUser22085

So frustrated. I have tried for 2 days, spent hundreds of sky essence, selected boxes with high odds and just can't seem to land the past two daily exclusives . Those help at my level (orcs). I just don't understand.

HJK84

Hello hello!

As usual, I've finished this Event. Now, I find myself stuck. Due to not liking or needing any of the buildings? :confused:
The last days daily building is Lava Egg. It's not as good as the Burning Pool or Mana Hut (which I have 20 of) :eek:

I need some insight, of what to do. My Mana Huts are a few Chapters behind, and I'm unsure when I'll be able to bring them up to date. I concentrate on BIG Culture buildings 1st, and keep all the BP's I collect for Blue Buildings.

Imo. the Mana Huts output is the best for mana via per square.
I also want to collect a few Coldfire Phoenix Artifacts so I can upgrade a Phoenix buildings to level 10. But unsure when to spend Essences to get them. Is the MA conversion of 1 Phoenix Artifact to another going to last even after the Event has past?

Some info;
I've never had a big Mana problem.
Will be starting Amuni in ~3 months. (WW's)

All input and suggestions are welcomed ;)

-Thanks, James :)

Risen Malchiah

@HJK84 The announcement suggested the artifact transofrmation recipes will be available for a limited time after the event. My guess is that this will include the next FA where we'll likely also get artifacts. Not sure how long is "limited time."

I'm in a similar position with regard to how to spend the essences. Beyond the Phoenix Cult, I don't see a lot worth going for. I may spend some on the 5x3 Phoenix Sculptor (day 16) but it's a shame there isn't a non-building daily to dump essence on. I wouldn't wait til the last day though since the transformation recipes don't come around in every cycle. You'll likely want to use it 3-4 times to make Phoenix artifacts.

Gandelf

I confess I find this event disappointing, even as a fairly new player. The coldfire phoenix is nowhere near as good as the aureate phoenix. The daily prizes--any one of them is probably rather nice, but they all offer the same rewards, just in different quantities. How many potions-producing buildings do I need? And anyway most of them can't really afford the rent.

Also, we were promised that we'd be able to trade the coldfire artifacts in for 2019 artifacts. I have only been offered this option once (in 3 cities!) since I had any artifacts to trade.

AtaguS

Also, we were promised that we'd be able to trade the coldfire artifacts in for 2019 artifacts. I have only been offered this option once (in 3 cities!) since I had any artifacts to trade.
The only reason I am working so hard at this event is to pile up coldfire artifacts for conversion and it's been days since I last saw the option (not even counting the option I had upon waking the morning the event started!) And I have made sure to check every cycle. Since it is only an option "For a limited time after the event ends", we'd need it to show up in the MA to have a chance of using them.

LisaMV

And now for something completely different... :p

View attachment 7357

Ummmm... are we feeding troops to the hungry Phoenix? Haha Inno, it would be super awesome if the quest dialogue matches the tasks. I realize that requires a little work, but it avoids dumb situations like this. While almost none of the dialogue matched the quests for this event (again), it might be good to avoid making the dialogue imply something odd like this. Especially since there was a quest to produce groceries just a few quests before this one.

To further illustrate what I mean, last year's Carnival event had a quest to get "new fabric from the Fairy woods that was gentle on the skin." The task was to make 9hr Steel productions. (So gentle on the skin!) ;) Another quest talked about a tent that burned down and equipment that needed to be replaced. But the task was to make 60 beverages. (I guess everyone just starts drinking when there's a fire.) :p

Quest dialogue is not difficult. This year it started out really interesting with competing cults who worshiped different Phoenixes, I was curious where the story would go, but then it never really went anywhere and quest givers started repeating their dialogue.

Please solicit event & story ideas from the players. We have a TON of them. Some good. Some not so good. But at least it might get you pointed in the right direction. I'd write up a whole event for ya if I knew it might actually get looked at.

HA HA!!! :D OMG!!! the bad quest dialogue was totally worth it, if only for your extremely witty commentary here! I wasn't even around last year, but I am still now chuckling at your wit. (And yes - I think it is probably true that "everyone just starts drinking when there's a fire.")

I think they should - in fact - hire you to create a "story line" quest script for future events. I vote YES!

Risen Malchiah

@LisaMV For your amusement, I include this image from last year's Carnival event just to show I'm not making it up. :)

carnivaldumbquests.jpg

Sunnydae

The sad part about it is I desperately need fragments and I hardly ever seem to get them in the spire. (Of course, I only do the lowest part). I always hope for them and instead get a 2 hour time booster or ensorcel. I won't go to level 2, so I guess maybe that's where they are all hiding. :(
wish we could TRADE these in the Trader!!!lol

Yogi Dave

The only reason I am working so hard at this event is to pile up coldfire artifacts for conversion
I saw my 1st one this morning. I hadn't cashed any essence in, so quickly did enough to get 2 artifacts and start it. I now have 5 burning pools in inventory, but since my city produces 250K or so mana a day … Well, that would be true for any buildings this event. Since it was worth 20 VV I thought I'd try and hold on to it until there was another VV quest, but sadly, that's 20 quests away. I'm going real slow.

Kataphractos

Actually, it is the opposite for a lot of people who are stuck at home and can't go anywhere for fear of catching, of giving, this virus. So a lot more time sitting around playing, but maybe less money to be spending.

The plural of "anecdote" is not "anec-data", buuuuut... I can tell you my fellowship just lost a Mage, specifically because they're a home caregiver for someone with respiratory problems. COVID put a lot of extra pressure on them: "stuck at home" or not, they won't have time to spare for Elvenar until well after the epidemic ends. (Whenever that might be.)

DeletedUser23452

The thing I like about this event is the 3 2019 Phoenix artifacts that were offered in the quest line.

I have been waiting and watching the magic academy every cycle for a 2019 Phoenix artifact.,, No luck.
I have seen the 2020 artifact come around a few times.
Inno could put the artifacts in the store or a different menu somewhere where you could trade your artifacts instead of relying on RNG to be able to craft them.

They offer coin rains and supply instant as a grand prizes now, got rid of wishing wells,,, :(
It's almost like they are trying to get players to quit the game.
Very disappointed in the direction the game is going.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
At day 26 on Beta, there hasn't been a single building I want. Not the grand prize, not one of the dailies is interesting to me. I'm glad newer players are getting to pad out the old phoenix's, but Inno has lost me. Normally I'd be done by now. Instead I've stopped pursuing the quest line with about 900 essences. And even told my fellowship I'm taking a break. I've only logged in a few times this week, and couldn't even be bothered to reset all of my productions.

KarlD

It's almost like they are trying to get players to quit the game.
Very disappointed in the direction the game is going.
I think what is happening is that Inno pays the bills by selling diamonds. Consequently, they can't give too many away for free so cutting back on wishing wells. They also need to have something special for people to spend diamonds on so they are trying to establish a new (lower) normal for event buildings so that diamond buildings can really stand out. It's hard to sell magic houses if event buildings give as much or more than the diamond buildings so it looks like they are really cutting back on how much pop the event buildings give. Maybe what they are finding is that the big players mostly already have all the diamond buildings they are going to buy and the money is in selling diamonds to smaller cities that want to become bigger more powerful cities faster. Consequently, it doesn't pay to to be offering too many really awesome event buildings. So what we're seeing is a move to focus more on the little cities more so than the bigger ones.

Going back to the issue of diamonds I suspect that Inno had really hoped that the Spire would result in more diamond purchases. By making the fights hard enough that many people would have to cater I think they imagined people buying diamonds every now and again to keep going and that there would be peer pressure within each fs to encourage folks to push further. They recently removed a bunch of diamonds from the individual chests and moved them to the group chests both to make it harder for some people to get through without buying diamonds and to increase peer pressure from those who reach the top to unlock the top group chest. Hopefully it is working because ultimately if they don't sell diamonds there's no game. Consider buying some diamonds even if you don't need them to just support your game developers. Is $5, $10, $500 really so much to put into something you really enjoy doing? The majority of diamonds I've purchased have been more as a donation than for anything I particularly wanted to buy. I feel guilty being a complete freeloader.