• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Great Excavation (Amuni 2023) - Discussion

Lady Dastardly

It feels like it's one or two quests short of where it should've been.
This is exactly the problem. This event was 3 days/3 quests shorter than most of the other events. They are usually 22 days/75 quests, with the exception of the longer winter event. Unfortunately they didn't increase the quest rewards enough to make up the difference. It's a shame because this game mechanic is already unpopular with many players, and this certainly isn't going to help change their minds.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Its really getting kinda sad...
Weve had never ending back to back to back events for so long now... There is not only no joy left in it really, but its tipped over to just frustration and annoyance. There is never a minute to rest. We are preparing for the next event before the current one is even done. And its really draining. Talk about an enthusiasm killer. ... and all that was before they added the new never ending daily quests (seasons of dreams) on top of all that. And on the live servers we are likely getting rdy to have all our normal stuff + an FA + daily SoD quests... its over kill. (Side comment: I actually like the idea behind SoD. Just in combination with everything else, its to damn much!)

I used to check everything i could find, including all the daily prizes at/near the start of each event. Plan out when i want to cash in. What daily prizes is the most interesting. Even tho im going for grand prizes, i mine as well cash in on a good daily as well. Bound to get some.
For the last year tho, i havnt even gotten around to checking the daily prizes during quests until the last quarter of the event. Just dont give a crap enough to. The fact that most daily prizes i dont care about plus the fact that these events are never never never never ending... i simply find myself not caring very much. Ocd might compel me to finish the events.. but its getting harder and harder to care about them.
There are 56 hours left in the event as i type this... i still havnt even looked at what the daily prizes are at all... I simply havnt cared enough to. I been on this game for atleast 6some years now. I do everything. But even someone like me is getting burnt with these never ending events. Give ppl a break. Give ppl some down time. Im on disability and have the time.. and even im getting annoyed at this. I can only imagine how the normal person, with an actual life, feels. No wonder my main city is surrounded by 1/3 gold mines...
Today is another example. We are still working on the excavation event on live servers. We know we have an FA coming up after that. And then the event after that one is already announced on beta. Plus we have the SoD going every day. ... So we already know that were not getting a break any time soon. Just keep that whip cracking and the players running on that hamster wheel... -_-

So my results are in.
To continue my original thought above first... its rly rly sad. But i actually never even bothered getting around to check what the daily prizes are at all. I used to be checking that stuff right at the beginning of an event. Some times even before an event started on live servers. Now its just so much never ending quests that i didnt even care enough to look... at all' ... Thats a really sad milestone.

Results:
Both cities did all quests, collected all mile stones, gathered around the city at the same time, got the 100 email, two ashen phoenixes.. and w/e im forgetting. (because i always forget something here). - And for the first time, maybe ever, my two cities were actually very close to having the same starting currency for cash in. .. That shouldnt be noteworthy, but it is. Despite doing the exact same every event since i can remember, there has always been a gap between there final numbers in currency earned. Im not sure if its because inno actually worked on evening this out, or it was just a random draw that they finally were close.

Dom:
Started with 5540 currency for cash in
Failed to get 4th building in points reward
Got 228 points total. (4th building is 260 points.)
Silver league is 219+ with 3h remaining on event.

Neco:
Started with 5537 currency for cash in
Failed to get 4th building in points reward
Got 229 points total. (4th building is 260 points.)
Silver league is 219+ with 3h remaining on event.

Both cities, having completed EVERYTHING.. were MASSIVELY far away from getting that fourth building. That in itself is pathetic. Iv been pissed before about coming up 1 or 2 points short of the last building or artifact.. but now im suddenly over 30 points away?! This isnt some 'poor luck with extra currency form randomized % chests' type of deal. This is jsut piss poor planning. Or even worse, intentional planning. - Ppl have complained for a long while now about the game becoming pay to play. Iv always actually stood up for inno in that regards, because i usually disagree with that statement... But after an event with results like this? more then 30 points away... its hard to deny that any more.

Also worth noting, that not only am i still massively far away form the 4th building, but i still hit the silver league. Hitting silver league and not even being close to the 4th building... somethings very wrong with that.

Im really sorry, but there was nothing good about this event. No down time between events. A cash in system that needs serious changes to it. A looooong time consuming cash in process as well. It feels like every single aspect of this event was to just burn ppl out. Because thats all it did for me. ... I do everything in this game. And i usually like it that way. But this stuff is getting out of hand. Waaaay to much, Waaaaaaaaaay to fast, waaay to poorly designed. Have i made my point yet? Because if I were to actually say how i feel about all this, without a filter, then i know for certain id be beyond banned and deleted!

And for something inno might actually care about... this type of BS, makes me purposely not buy any diamonds. If your gonna act like that then i aint throwing a dime your way. In fact, even if i did want to, i purposely wont buy it just because of BS like this. Get your **** in order.

BrinDarby

Ppl have complained for a long while now about the game becoming pay to play...................................... its hard to deny that any more.
Because if I were to actually say how i feel about all this, without a filter, then i know for certain id be beyond banned and deleted!
amen
even if i did want to, i purposely wont buy it just because of BS like this. Get your **** in order.
yuppers .....

Pheryll

Set Designer
Despite doing the exact same every event since i can remember, there has always been a gap between there final numbers in currency earned. Im not sure if its because inno actually worked on evening this out, or it was just a random draw that they finally were close.

As I stated before, the fog events are much more based on strategy than the random chests. This means that if the Elvenar staff try to adjust the fog event awards to fit the same margin (that is capturing the spread) using both the peak performance and the ordinary, then the average performance will be less as the average player will be towards the lower end of the spread. The nerf to fog, in this sense, seems to be to maintain the spread and not worry so much about the average.

Mrietha

I gained Silver League this time! AWESOME.! I very rarely do this. But I didn't get the last building - so sad.
And as others have noted I got to Silver with over 40 points left to get the last building.
... ...

Now I have two, yes 2, Heart of Asim. What am I supposed to do with 2 of the same building when I haven't even finished the original set?

Mrietha

get the 5th piece in the upcomming FA,
then wonder about the xtra piece.
Probably not. We're lucky to make Stage 2 and Stage 3 is way out of our league.
My Fellowship is very laid back, and we all like it that way. We do work for the FA, but there are just not enough of us.

Lady Dastardly

Now I have two, yes 2, Heart of Asim. What am I supposed to do with 2 of the same building when I haven't even finished the original set?
You can use 2 Heart of Asims and get max link bonuses on all bldgs. It's not the easiest shape to work with, but I'm using it this way in my Beta city:
Screenshot 2023-03-14 134330.png

The two 3x3 bldgs are the Heart of Asims.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Probably not. We're lucky to make Stage 2 and Stage 3 is way out of our league.
My Fellowship is very laid back, and we all like it that way. We do work for the FA, but there are just not enough of us.
I know of a FS in a super casual mode full of people with RL issues like crazy jobs and health woes that are operating on “do whatever you feel like” mode of play. There are no minimums to do anything. They got through one path each stage with 9 players or something like that. Some are not even active. You never know :)

Pheryll

Set Designer
I know of a FS in a super casual mode full of people with RL issues like crazy jobs and health woes that are operating on “do whatever you feel like” mode of play. There are no minimums to do anything. They got through one path each stage with 9 players or something like that. Some are not even active. You never know :)
That is a close resemblance to my fellowship.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Yep, and mine as well. I think we made it through with a good half a dozen :)

Black watch

I usually make Siver very easily in every event.
My summonings is full of pieces I'll probably never place, however... I have them... This is the first event I played where I reached IRON....
I was stunned.
I did nothing different...
I don't go for dailies because I pretty much have all the top pieces in play already, give or take and I don't like watching my score in the event drop down. So i wait until the end and then dump my whole load of whatever into the event map...
It gets me the maximum benefit and without the "taxation" out of silver.
Iron... what?
Worst event and the worst playing field... hated it... The set was weak for me too... I can trade for more than that set could eek out easily without the size affecting my city.
INNO... fail

Mrietha

That sounds awesome. We've recently added a couple of players that are more involved than others have been. Thanks to them we made first level diamonds 2 weeks in a row, and 5 chests in the tournament this week.
I'll have to rethink stage 3 for the Adventure coming up next week? Or the week after.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
That sounds awesome. We've recently added a couple of players that are more involved than others have been. Thanks to them we made first level diamonds 2 weeks in a row, and 5 chests in the tournament this week.
I'll have to rethink stage 3 for the Adventure coming up next week? Or the week after.
Just do one path each map. I bet you'll manage if you ask the members about scarce badges.

Moho

Chef
I have gotten to 260 in all 3 of my cities. And am currently gold league in all 3 worlds. Without spending any diamonds or real world money.
I was sceptical at first, but Henroo's experience made me try harder. I took my time using the event currency the best I could and I also ended somewhere up in the hierarchy (i.e. Silver League) in three cities. This has allowed me to add more pieces to the set:

IMG02.jpg
IMG000.jpg
IMG03.jpg

Moho

Chef
It occurred to me yesterday that not many people have planted this set in their cities. I give neighborly help to a lot of people in three cities (probably over 200) and I never saw any of the buildings includeed in the set in the "culture" choice. Usually new main event buildings show up right ater the event is over (at least in my experience). So I started to investigate.

I checked about 20 cities in different fellowships. No trace of the set. Most of my fellowship members have bigger cities than mine, and I thought I should check a wider variety of cities. I looked at cities of various sizes in my neighborhood in three different worlds. Of approximately 50 cities, not a single one had the Ancient Promise set. I only found two separate pieces of this set, Gift of Ashni in a big city and Heart of Asim in a small one.