• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Great Excavation (Amuni 2023) - Discussion

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
It says that any Golden Eyes (new feature) collected while it is charged will not be saved. Any idea how long this charge lasts when you use it?

TomatoeHu

Sheets of Color
It says that any Golden Eyes (new feature) collected while it is charged will not be saved. Any idea how long this charge lasts when you use it?
when it is filled, it will say "Use". Once you use it, it shows "mysterious objects" but only a marker, on the current window you are looking at, when you click "Use". It does NOT tell you what is there. After you click use, the bar will need to be refilled to use again.

Last edited:

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Yeah it will show the location of buried objects like tablets or treasure. It gives no hints as to which of those it will be, but they remain in view until you scroll past them. It's a blessing and a curse really, because we can be lured into varying our strategy for advancement.

BrinDarby

can I conclude this is a variation on "The Fog" and add'd
is a pay (stuff used) way to see prizes, rather than the fog
just revealing them for free ??

I dont remember a robust convo in the beta thread about it.

Lelanya

can I conclude this is a variation on "The Fog" and add'd
is a pay (stuff used) way to see prizes, rather than the fog
just revealing them for free ??

I dont remember a robust convo in the beta thread about it.
No the Golden Eye feature charges up once 50 tiles have been uncovered with tools.

BrinDarby

Read back thru Beta thread, and almost no convo on
the excavation event, the minigame mechanics, or
possible strategies for GP vs Daily/ect .....

Feels like TheFog all over again, hehehe just sux for
the 1st time ya do the minigame, for it to be for a set.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
Yeah it will show the location of buried objects like tablets or treasure. It gives no hints as to which of those it will be, but they remain in view until you scroll past them. It's a blessing and a curse really, because we can be lured into varying our strategy for advancement.
Okay, so it lasts until you scroll past them? Then they will save again after that, correct?

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
when it is filled, it will say "Use". Once you use it, it shows "mysterious objects" but only a marker, on the current window you are looking at, when you click "Use". It does NOT tell you what is there. After you click use, the bar will need to be refilled to use again.
It says while it is in effect any you collect will not be saved... so am wondering how long exactly it lasts.

Lelanya

It says while it is in effect any you collect will not be saved... so am wondering how long exactly it lasts.
They mean, if you have uncovered 50 tiles and the Golden Eye has charged, any further tiles that you uncover will not be counted - until it is used; there is no overspill like with Vision Vapor for Arcane Residue badges in FA.

Lady Dastardly

Feels like TheFog all over again, hehehe just sux for
the 1st time ya do the minigame, for it to be for a set
This is the same type of minigame as "The Fog" from the Halloween events, and it is *almost* exactly the same as the Buried City event from last year, so this won't be a new experience for you. The addition of the Golden Eye is a relatively minor change that doesn't change the fundamentals of how the minigame works.

idavis has added a nifty Playground to his website for players to try out the game mechanic before diving into the actual event. Caveat: it does not include the Golden Eye.

It's a blessing and a curse really, because we can be lured into varying our strategy for advancement.
Agree with this. I did use the Golden Eye on Beta, but it usually just illuminated squares I wasn't willing to wander off to complete anyway. The fact that you can't see if it's amuni knowledge (tablets), and not something else, made it less interesting for me and my personal strategy.