• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Great Excavation (Amuni 2023) - Discussion

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Its really getting kinda sad...
Weve had never ending back to back to back events for so long now... There is not only no joy left in it really, but its tipped over to just frustration and annoyance. There is never a minute to rest. We are preparing for the next event before the current one is even done. And its really draining. Talk about an enthusiasm killer. ... and all that was before they added the new never ending daily quests (seasons of dreams) on top of all that. And on the live servers we are likely getting rdy to have all our normal stuff + an FA + daily SoD quests... its over kill. (Side comment: I actually like the idea behind SoD. Just in combination with everything else, its to damn much!)

I used to check everything i could find, including all the daily prizes at/near the start of each event. Plan out when i want to cash in. What daily prizes is the most interesting. Even tho im going for grand prizes, i mine as well cash in on a good daily as well. Bound to get some.
For the last year tho, i havnt even gotten around to checking the daily prizes during quests until the last quarter of the event. Just dont give a crap enough to. The fact that most daily prizes i dont care about plus the fact that these events are never never never never ending... i simply find myself not caring very much. Ocd might compel me to finish the events.. but its getting harder and harder to care about them.
There are 56 hours left in the event as i type this... i still havnt even looked at what the daily prizes are at all... I simply havnt cared enough to. I been on this game for atleast 6some years now. I do everything. But even someone like me is getting burnt with these never ending events. Give ppl a break. Give ppl some down time. Im on disability and have the time.. and even im getting annoyed at this. I can only imagine how the normal person, with an actual life, feels. No wonder my main city is surrounded by 1/3 gold mines...

Huor

here we are on the last day of the event and gold in my world just hit 260 today. silver is still under 200 which is my group. if this is the new payout going forward, I may be sitting out a bunch of these events, unless of course the prize is the fabulous object in the world (and not that lump of evil in the microwave). lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
@Dominionofgod
Just guessing here, but having played for years I suspect that you already have the best of the best of the best in inventory or in your city, probably in multiples.

I bet if you fragged it all you would find that loving feeling for events again ;)

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
@Dominionofgod
Just guessing here, but having played for years I suspect that you already have the best of the best of the best in inventory or in your city, probably in multiples.
i do have every set and evolving building form each event since the original fire phoenix. Sadly, i was still learning back what that first came out. Other wise id have done everything i could to grab a second fire phoenix base. But i didnt no that was an option back then. /cry

But for the moment, i only have fire phoenix, brown bear, and ashen phoenix out. Technically 2 ashen phoenixes now. And i do have one of the other origional phoenixes and two witty raccons (i think it was) for FA's, then i tele them back. - Staying put in tech tree to run through all my old expiring buildings before starting next chap. So i gotta conserve room. At this point i could probably sell my entire city and load the whole thing up with only evolving buildings...

edit: 37 pages of summonings actually'

Last edited:

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
@Dominionofgod huggs~
Take some time out for you . Don’t do the other events for awhile… just do your city for a couple weeks, something you enjoy. Like @Iyapo said … something to get that feeling back
yea, thats kinda my problem lol. My mind is built to make me want to do everything. And i have for years here. The trouble started when inno kept increasing all the things to do at once and getting rid of any down time. ... At this rate, i figure by next year, runnign the FA's is going to be the downtime compared to everything we have to do normally.. -_-

Silver Lady

I’ve only been getting 2 prompts a week, one when the Sorceress is about to leave & one when she gets back. So ever since I finished the Caldron quests I’ve been forgetting it. But surprisingly I’ve liked the seasons. I guess I’ve been really lucky and the quests I’ve gotten there have pretty much completed themselves.

But I agree that it does seem like events are coming fast and furious.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
4 weeks 2 cities, no sucessfull spells...
110% uselsss if ya ask me.......

'why not skip it every week.
i guess it depends on how many goblets you have. With 5 goblets, i get something on both my cities every single week. Without using any frags or diamonds or anything. But it does include a few failed goblets each time. So if i had less goblets then it might be a wash. But with 5, i get somethign each week. ... whether i remember to do it or not.. thats another issue'

quin629

Saturday nights are usually quiet for me. So that's when I open the Cauldron, see what ingredients are diamonds this week (because I'm not using those), and play around with it until I build a recipe I'd like to try. I note it down and close the Cauldron. Then during the week, whenever I'm most ready to use the primary effect I'm trying for, all I have to do is open the Cauldron, fill it with the recipe I'd noted, and brew. Takes 2 minutes to do it that way - very handy when I want to use it on a weekday morning and I'm pressed for time.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I have gotten to 260 in all 3 of my cities. And am currently gold league in all 3 worlds. Without spending any diamonds or real world money. However I am not sure if I'll be able to get to 280 and get the portrait. I tend to excel at the Misty Forest format events. In every previous event of this format I have gotten a 2nd building base and normally at least 1 bonus artifact. So this is without a doubt the hardest event ever in this format. I think the changes to the tool packages went too far and are the reason this event is so much harder than previous ones of this format.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Its really getting kinda sad...
Weve had never ending back to back to back events for so long now... There is not only no joy left in it really, but its tipped over to just frustration and annoyance. There is never a minute to rest. We are preparing for the next event before the current one is even done. And its really draining. Talk about an enthusiasm killer. ... and all that was before they added the new never ending daily quests (seasons of dreams) on top of all that. And on the live servers we are likely getting rdy to have all our normal stuff + an FA + daily SoD quests... its over kill. (Side comment: I actually like the idea behind SoD. Just in combination with everything else, its to damn much!)

I used to check everything i could find, including all the daily prizes at/near the start of each event. Plan out when i want to cash in. What daily prizes is the most interesting. Even tho im going for grand prizes, i mine as well cash in on a good daily as well. Bound to get some.
For the last year tho, i havnt even gotten around to checking the daily prizes during quests until the last quarter of the event. Just dont give a crap enough to. The fact that most daily prizes i dont care about plus the fact that these events are never never never never ending... i simply find myself not caring very much. Ocd might compel me to finish the events.. but its getting harder and harder to care about them.
There are 56 hours left in the event as i type this... i still havnt even looked at what the daily prizes are at all... I simply havnt cared enough to. I been on this game for atleast 6some years now. I do everything. But even someone like me is getting burnt with these never ending events. Give ppl a break. Give ppl some down time. Im on disability and have the time.. and even im getting annoyed at this. I can only imagine how the normal person, with an actual life, feels. No wonder my main city is surrounded by 1/3 gold mines...

Today is another example. We are still working on the excavation event on live servers. We know we have an FA coming up after that. And then the event after that one is already announced on beta. Plus we have the SoD going every day. ... So we already know that were not getting a break any time soon. Just keep that whip cracking and the players running on that hamster wheel... -_-

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I have gotten to 260 in all 3 of my cities. And am currently gold league in all 3 worlds. Without spending any diamonds or real world money. However I am not sure if I'll be able to get to 280 and get the portrait. I tend to excel at the Misty Forest format events. In every previous event of this format I have gotten a 2nd building base and normally at least 1 bonus artifact. So this is without a doubt the hardest event ever in this format. I think the changes to the tool packages went too far and are the reason this event is so much harder than previous ones of this format.

At least they were consistent in how they screwed everyone over. I normally get around 270 in this type of event, but I am also finishing around 40 lower than normal, at around 230. If I did not know we will be getting the 5th building as the stage 3 prize in the upcoming FA, I would be much more upset at Inno for their blunder.

Sir Seven

I really don't like these fog events. There's no way to "win" even if you complete all of the timeline events. You have to buy something. But, I understand that there is no equity in capitalism. So, I play on.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
Worst event for me in a long while, I've completed all quests, but will only finish at 195 points.
But at least I'll get a Carting Library, which is better than a Ferris wheel.

Oh, and on mobile, the screenshot of Ancient Promise shows it on 5x5, not 6x6 which is correct (and how it shows on pc).

Kadhrin

It feels like it's one or two quests short of where it should've been. The addition of the magic eyeball did not make up for the reduced amount of tools/etc.

I got the complete set in only one city, and only because I used the 100 freebies on it and had several days of active stash house that spilled over into this event.

Last edited:

BrinDarby

192, 193, 210, 205 .... very dissapointing.
and 1 of them has a chance @ silver.
none tho, will get the 5th piece, @ 260