• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Harvest Festival Feedback!

DeletedUser12430

As I found myself recently needing to clear some more space, like I always am, but for some reason someone decided that Sorcerers & Dragons would require a massive amount of the stuff. The Campus is HUGE!!!
And so, I separated ways with my winter set from The Three Glacier Giants. This was about my favorite set to date, so selling them was not an easy task, Plus they had just won the infamous rock, paper scissors battle I had with myself prior. The Giant Ice Hag had to go, but the Phoenix Pavilion hit the streets as well, even though it unconditionally produced 1 finely crafted rune shard a day, this little Ice Mountain Troll was pretty special to me indeed. But as I pressed the last button, knowing I could not go back, I had hope. I had seen this event coming up on gamers gems of knowledge. Man I love these guys, they are predictors of the future. They say an event is coming on a specific date, and BAMM!!, it happens, Right on that exact day! I don't know how they do it, but what would we do with out them?
OK, so starting off I had this tiny, itty bitty list of prizes that I wanted to win. It was only like 33 or so....but, we needed to be a bit more realistic with ourselves....it was more like all of them plus doubles and...I want them all!
The Burning Man- Looks great, good culture, place this tiny little human looking burning thingy in your village and you too can make believe its your Boss, and watch him burn all day. Sorry if your a Boss, that doesn't want to burn, we were not talking about you.
The Sun Temple Complex- Reminds me of my sons pimple complex. Regardless of what it reminds you of...Its part of set 1, at least I think its set 1, its hard to figure out with all these new sets coming out. It does however provide a great amount of culture,and coins and, well to be quite frank its part of the set, duh.
Then there's the time boosts - who doesn't want to stop time? What would you do with all that extra time? Margaritas!!
I was going to make a list of all the prizes with my commentary on each, but I'll spare you the nightmares....Boo!
Some stand outs this time however are. I love the artwork on Kirit. I think I actually like Kirit better than Krarak, or is it the other way around? How many times can you say Kirit-Krarak as fast as you can? I love the way the animators made the feathers of Krarak appear as though they were melting off of his back, and into a deep pond of serenity, and maybe something like a magical fairy dust falling from the paw of Kirit. Its beautiful. Its probably cat liter, but I still like it.
Okay, now its time to dive into the new stuff....the Trading Outpost, Carting Library, Monument of Ancient Knowledge and the Moon mirror is what I'm talking about.
First, the Trading Outpost. I really like the new Portal Profit spell and I like the artwork of the overall piece, I just wish that they were not of the expiring type. The same holds true for the Monument of Ancient Knowledge and the Carting Library. I myself like the Carting Library way more than the other two, and I would like to sit down, face to face, with whom ever decided it was going to be of the expiring kind, so that I could ask them why they were so mean to me, as I beat my hands upon the desk, and sobbed endlessly...okay maybe not that far. But I am I PLEADING with you Please bring back the carting library as a permanent piece. Milk expires, not Carting Libraries.
I didn't purchase the moon mirror, and I'm glad I didn't because it seemed to me, that there were way more items to be picked up around my city in previous events, than moon shards in this one....remember the giant dinosaur droppings?
So, my take on the Harvest Festival. I really like the fact that Inno didnt take us back to those silly slot machines again, those things were obnoxious. I love the artwork and animations. I found this events buildings very likable indeed. I feel they all offered good payouts for the size. Hats off to Inno for continuing to be creative enough to keep us logging in day after day, and for offering me a free Carting Library that doesn't expire. .

DeletedUser1016

I love the artwork and animations.

I found this events buildings very likable indeed.

I feel they all offered good payouts for the size.

I really like the fact that Inno didnt take us back to those silly slot machines again, those things were obnoxious

Hats off to Inno for continuing to be creative enough to keep us logging in day after day,
Ditto to all these....
AND...this is the first time, ever, for me, to get the third grand prize [w/o diamonds since I'm a none-diamond player]. This event was one of the better in my opinion.

Tauriel Dragonwood

Did your guild not participate in the tourney?
Yes but when you're a new player, you only get to compete in 3-4 encounters in the tournament. That does not give you many goods. I don't know what we have to do to unlock more encounters. Also, these are new players, some haven't unlocked the Trader yet.

Elvenar was much easier when I first started playing 3 years ago. There were no tournaments, no fellowship adventures and hardly any events. So, you were able to gather goods and finish research much quicker. I was not aware how difficult it is now for new players starting to play Elvenar.

My other two worlds are in the Dwarves chapter so I breeze through the events, not too lucky getting the daily prizes, but the event is still fun. It's not fun in Felyndral where I created a fellowship to help out new players. Some of our members feel they are being excluded from the events because they would need to produce a huge amount of goods and relics, which also makes it hard solving encounters when you can't fight and you don't have enough goods to negotiate.

I'm offering as many trades as I can to help our fellowship but even I get stuck. Gain 32 relics, solve 20 encounters or buy 20 knowledge points, upgrade 2 buildings to level 10 are extremely difficult and can take days to complete for new players. Some of the members in my fellowship are only up to chapter 4. You need to be up to chapter 8 to upgrade buildings to level 10. I like challenges but events are really not fair to players just starting out.

DeletedUser12171

I fail to see the issue in not getting all the way to the end because you're a newbie. This event goes, next event comes. There is a major event every quarter plus fringe events in between. I missed finishing my first event too because I started the game in the middle of it. I have finished every subsequent event since (with the exception of a few that I sat out). I started my current city in July 2017 and am now at the end of S&D with a score of 200k+. Not completing or even missing an event is not a death knell to a player's potential progress in any sense at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9601

I was not aware how difficult it is now for new players starting to play Elvenar.
You keep saying this, and I'm sorry, but its wrong.

There has been 1 change (the change in fighting rings 2 and 3) that has made life more difficult for new players.

Everything else out there has made life EASIER for new players: tourneys (tons of free relics, spells and KPs), events (some truly EXCELLENT buildings for doing as little as picking up tokens off the floor a few days a week), and FSAs (which if you're in a reasonably organized FS, can give some nice gifts). All of that stuff can make your city BETTER. You seem to be equating "more to do" and your own desire for "100% completion" on everything with difficulty. Its not. In some instances, it might slow players down in the short run (eg, I could have completed Dwarves a week sooner, but I held off on a tech so I could complete a quest), but in the long runs the rewards from events make your city so much better than if you just ignored everything optional and only rushed to complete the end of the tech tree.

And you do a disservice to new players and the game's reputation by continuing this mantra of "everything is harder" when in reality its just "there is more stuff to do" (which, for most players is a good thing!!).

DeletedUser12430

I'm horrible at forums Cant figure out how to quote...and I suck at typing. oh well, bare with me.

Elvenar was much easier when I first started playing 3 years ago. There were no tournaments, no fellowship adventures and hardly any events. So, you were able to gather goods and finish research much quicker. I was not aware how difficult it is now for new players starting to play Elvenar.

I'm offering as many trades as I can to help our fellowship but even I get stuck. Gain 32 relics, solve 20 encounters or buy 20 knowledge points, upgrade 2 buildings to level 10 are extremely difficult and can take days to complete for new players. Some of the members in my fellowship are only up to chapter 4. You need to be up to chapter 8 to upgrade buildings to level 10. I like challenges but events are really not fair to players just starting out.

I too have been playing for around 3 years now as well, but I find it exactly the other way around. It was harder. I was always struggling to keep my population up, but as I started winning Population and culture rich buildings for playing in tournaments, it became easier to participate in the Fellowship Adventures and Events. I have never tried so hard to gain 32 relics, solve 20 encounters, or to buy 20 knowledge points, unless it was because I wanted to win the prize, and in the mean time I am also furthering my
research, by adding those 20 kp to my tree, or I gain another expansion for my city because I just won 32 relics. I have never grown as much as I have in the last two or three events. I purchased TONS of knowledge points, gained expansions and solved items in my research tree. I look forward to each new event.

For our new players....remember when you first started playing? There were times I almost quit. Sure I find it hard sometimes to complete a task, but as time moves on I find it easier and easier. That's just the game, and for the most part, any game that you play.

DeletedUser12430

Everything else out there has made life EASIER for new players: tourneys (tons of free relics, spells and KPs), events (some truly EXCELLENT buildings for doing as little as picking up tokens off the floor a few days a week), and FSAs (which if you're in a reasonably organized FS, can give some nice gifts). All of that stuff can make your city BETTER. You seem to be equating "more to do" and your own desire for "100% completion" on everything with difficulty. Its not. In some instances, it might slow players down in the short run (eg, I could have completed Dwarves a week sooner, but I held off on a tech so I could complete a quest), but in the long runs the rewards from events make your city so much better than if you just ignored everything optional and only rushed to complete the end of the tech tree.

And you do a disservice to new players and the game's reputation by continuing this mantra of "everything is harder" when in reality its just "there is more stuff to do" (which, for most players is a good thing!!).

I could not agree more. I was just starting to build my Campus in S&D when the Harvest Festival came up. I actually sold my level 1 Campus...okay cancelled its construction, and used the space to put up buildings to help me get through the event quicker. It set me back a week or two maybe, but the events not over and I now have a level 4 Campus....and a few new buildings that offer me a TON of Population, Culture, supplies and goods. Plus I won a crap load of time reducers, which I used to reduce my Campus and other buildings completion times from 20 some hours to none. So in all reality, the events help me to complete my research faster! All depends on your view of the glass...its either half full, or its half empty.

DeletedUser12171

I know this is off topic but the fastest way to progress through the game is

1. Find an active, helpful fellowship
2. Take part in every part of the game. That means tourneys, and yes events, EVEN IF you can't "do it all".

I started tourneying early and I can't overstate how much those KPs have helped. My tourney average is 3.4k now but I started with doing a few hundred points each time. When I was confident of doing 1,600+ weekly, I joined a 10-chest FS and never looked back. It's been more than 6 months now and I have gotten thousands of KP from tourneys. Because we get so many KPs, our AW upgrades are also very frequent and we get MORE KPs out of them, which feeds back into the FS.

I spent diamonds yes, but all these things I'm talking about are perfectly achievable without diamonds. There's also a wealth of information about how to tackle each chapter, build your city, bla bla bla, from multiple fansites and experienced forumers. So I really have little sympathy for whoever is complaining HERE about how hard the game is. I stress the word "HERE" because if you found your way to the forums, what's stopping you from using the info and advice given here? These forums are exactly the springboard I got into setting up a good path for my game. It took me a year to catch up with 10 chapters and I am confident I'll catch up to the endgame by the time the next chapter is out.

Ok end of rant

DeletedUser12430

All I can say is if you don't believe me that these events are difficult for new players, start a new city like I did and you will understand what new players need to contend with when they decide to join in on an event.
I did just that not to very long ago. Yes it was hard, no I did not complete it. I actually gave up, and haven't signed back into that account..lol. I also remember when I was trying to complete A Charming Tree. The point is that its hard for all of us in the beginning, but as we get better at the game, we also get better at completing an event. Its like saying without training any troops, you can still win a tournament.....No you cant! You have to train your troops and if you want to win it all....then you better have saved some spells.
To me its pretty simple....Suck it up buttercup! If you want the prize your gonna have to earn it. Its always harder in the beginning but through experience, we somehow come away with the prize. This can only mean that either we are getting better at the events than we were when we first started, or that the events are becoming easier. Take your pick.

DeletedUser9601

All I can say is if you don't believe me that these events are difficult for new players, start a new city like I did and you will understand what new players need to contend with when they decide to join in on an event.
An event being difficult to complete doesn't mean an event makes life difficult for new players.
I recently started a city, and yes, I could not finish the event. It was "difficult" in the sense that getting 32 relics to complete all 86 quests would have required a lot of resources. But it was not difficult because I didn't have to, AND more importantly I didn't need to. You can do 25% or 50% of the quests and still get more than enough rewards to make it worthwhile.

You say the events aren't fair to new players, but that's only because you're equating "get the entire set" or "complete all quests" as a "fair" result. If you really want to be helping new players, teach them about diminishing returns. You can win 1K or 1.5K moon splinters easily, and use those to win say 25 spins at the prize wheel (so to speak). Or you can win 2K with great difficulty, and now you get 30 spins (or whatever the math is). Tell newbies to do as much as they can, win a few prizes, and move on.

DeletedUser19564

I'm a newbie. And unaffiliated. And no diamonds. I couldn't start the Harvest Event until I finished the introductory 18-20 quests. So I began the Harvest Fest on day 8. I'm doing well with it. Being unaffiliated was the hardest part. With minimal goods, the Accept 5 trades/Make one offer took four days. My most recent Gain 300 each of Marble/Steel/Planks took 3 days. I may end of with the 3 main pieces of the Harvest Set (lots of standard goods now) and a couple pieces of the other set. Plus a couple of nice culture items. I won't get a complete set but, like someone said earlier, another event will come around. I'm having a good time and can look after my city when the event is over.

shimmerfly

Attitude always helps.
When I was new... the event ( whatever it was) wasn't super easy but I sure had a lot of fun trying and learned a lot too. I didn't expect to win anything so when I did it was great! Wasn't there one with goats??? The herd gathering?
Having something engaging to do in a game makes it more enjoyable. I wouldn't still be here if it wasn't a challenge or if I was handed everything.

DeletedUser12171

Tell newbies to do as much as they can, win a few prizes, and move on.

@Tauriel Dragonwood this is exactly right. My first event, I got 3 dailies and the first GP. That first GP lasted me 2 chapters and the dailies, not so long but so what! for a newbie this event, to get say, 2 or 3 fields of gold and the first GP alone would be a great boost for the next couple of chapters. You make it sound like playing the game is torture when it really isn't and shouldn't be! why be the Grinch and saying "bah humbug!" to everything?

DeletedUser17455

I first joined Elvenar right at the start of the Phoenix Cult event. I did as best I could, but I probably only got through about 20 or 30 of the sequential quests and had to give up on the dailies too at some point. It didn't feel "too difficult", it felt awesome! After the event I was asking myself questions like "when is the next event" and "how can I prepare for it, so that I can do better". Learning to re-arrange my city to be able to produce goods, etc... was all part of learning the game. On my second event I did pretty well, and now I'm nailing them finishing the sequential quests in 10 days or less.

Everyone's experience will be different, and I'm sad to hear that your fellowship of beginners (which I think is a great idea btw) is struggling. When I was a noob I found the events to be an invitation to explore the game more deeply.

Tauriel Dragonwood

To me its pretty simple....Suck it up buttercup! I
Candacefey, unlike you, I don't get sarcastic with people, I voice my opinion when I think some of the game devs quests are overly excessive. The demands of some of the quests are becoming like a day job. Elvenar is different from when I first played. It was loads of FUN. Now I feel like these events are made to get us so frustrated that we spend diamonds. I like challenges but what I don't like to see are more and more new players leaving the game. They can't even fight or negotiate because of this new battle system. I feel for them but all I can do is try to encourage the new players in my fellowship and try to convince them that the game will get easier. Trading is vital in Elvenar so you gotta finish the research to build a Trader. You don't always have to participate in these events, even though the grand prizes in this event would really help them if they can get them.

Last edited:

DeletedUser12430

Candacefey, unlike you, I don't get sarcastic with people

I am really sorry that you felt I was being sarcastic twords you. I really did not intend for it to come off that way.

My intent was to discuss the event. I usually don't partake in forums because tempers can fly. People can feel attacked and rightly so, in most cases, but not this one. All I really wanted to do was say how I felt about this event.

I do understand what you are saying. I really do, But I feel if they were to make the quests easier, so that new players could win the grand prizes, then the advanced players would be upset because it was not challenging enough for them. I dont know where level ground is, but certainly Inno has decided on their own.

One idea that comes to mind would be chapter specific quests, but that may be a bit too much work for Inno. I think the most logical way they could find, is the way that it is now. I do think it works however, and here's why: You have a new member come in to your fellowship, you try to groom them....you donate a few kps extra when you can, you except uneven trades, you explain things to them, and invest time with them...showing the new kid the ropes, only to have them leave. It sucks, why'd they leave? They got board of the game, real life, what ever the reason. So then you recruit, or search for new members to recruit, do you look for more advance players now? Start looking for players with a certain level of experience? That's because we want them to stick around a bit. And it seems, to me anyways, that the new members that stick it out through the Tournaments, I'm talking about members in Chapter 3, Non boosted tourney, score of 240....And he commits tourney after tourney, these are the ones who may not get the 3 grand prizes for this event, but almost certainly will at some point, because they are committed enough in sticking it out.

Of course, this is only my opinion and I've been known to screw it all up before, but it is something I see as well, but not so much with the events or tournaments. For me its more involved with recruiting. I see Sooo very many new accounts that don't make it 2 weeks. It just gets extremely hard to wade thru them all while searching for the newest member of your fellowship, and wondering if they will last.

Tauriel Dragonwood, Nothing but love man! I promise that 'suck it up buttercup' was not flung twords you, it was only used referring to the "imaginary new members" that we were talking about....I hope you understand what I mean, cuz that's the best I can do.

One last thing I'll say on this, I love using gamers gems of knowledge website. It informs me of new events coming up. It gives a list for all the events quests, as well as the prizes. They also offer a ton of information on tournaments and so on.
I also use elvenstats website, it offers a tool called Elvenarchitect which allows you to plan your city on a website. They are both extremely useful tools that I use a lot. Not a sales pitch, they just help me a bunch. And it took me years to find out about them.

Using the gamers gems of knowledge website, when they post a new event coming up, I set aside a specific area of land dedicated to the event. I use the list they provide which is what each quest will be, and I place new buildings according to the quests. I may see a quest that takes 2 days to complete, I can start it early so that I dont have to wait. Maybe I see on the list that I will have to Produce [Tier 1 Boost] [2 days] 3 times. Now I know that I need to have 3 tier 1 sets....or I may have to wait 6 days to complete this task. SO I guess if you already know all of this, then you have learned nothing new. If you didnt know this, then now you do!

Oh, and so far I have opened all 3 chest's. I'm hoping to complete sets 1 and 2. I would love to get an extra kp and rune shard a day!

Happy Gaming!

DeletedUser5521

Now I feel like these events are made to get us so frustrated that we spend diamonds.
I don't, personally, feel the events are designed to frustrate us. Challenge us, yes, frustrate us, no. But I do believe any company that wants to stay in business IS going to strategize to get the consumer to part with their :coin:. That's just Business and Marketing 101 :p

They can't even fight or negotiate because of this new battle system.
As to this, if I may? At this point in the game the current battle system has been in play for about 2 years. It's been our battle system longer than the original battle system. I don't think it qualifies as a "new battle system" anymore? It's the only 1 that many veteran players have ever known, unless they were here in the wee early days of the game. But everything has changed since then, not just the battle system. There weren't even Fellowships when I started! LOL. I admit, the battle system does suck till about Chapter 4 or so (I started a baby city a year and a half ago to see what others were complaining about, and I too realized.. :eek: ), but it's doable and many, many people have made it through and flourished. And are better players for it. Being challenged isn't a bad thing. Getting all the grand prizes when you're a baby city? Well I think THAT might be the bad thing. Because then, it is EXPECTED that you should get them all, everytime. I've been playing 3+ years, and only gotten all 3 twice in 1 city, and once in 2 others. And only because they implemented DOUBLE DAYS. Before that? It was almost certain the only way to get them all was :diamond::diamond::diamond:. Remember those days...? :oops::rolleyes:;)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Elvenar was much easier when I first started playing 3 years ago.
Not even close to being true. For a start, Instants and fellowships didn't even exist back then. As others have said, the game is much easier now than before.
You need to be up to chapter 8 to upgrade buildings to level 10.
Even less true than your previous claim. Do you even wiki?
. Also, these are new players, some haven't unlocked the Trader yet.
Prior to unlocking the trader I would argue that you are still in the tutorial phase and haven't even really begun the game.
While it was difficult, I made a new city and I managed to complete the entire phoenix cult questline by day 11 in order to get the max number of wishing wells. While I did have the advantage of experience, those without should be able to do it using 250% as much time.

Almost all of your difficulties in your testing city have come from your stubborn refusal to take any advice, especially the suggestion of joining an established FS instead of starting one full of chapter 1-4 players.

Last edited:

Tauriel Dragonwood

My culture is 160% and the Kirit statue is only giving me 340 crystals. One of our members is getting 450 crystals and her culture is 155%. Before I ask Support, does anyone know what determines how many crystals Kirit will give you? Any help is appreciated.