• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Harvest Festival Feedback!

DeletedUser8187

Couldn't a grand prize be a 50KP(or insert an appealing number) instant, or a huge timer reduction instant. Is there a reason it has to be a building?

DeletedUser12171

Why is it so hard for the game devs to insert an "OR" in quests that ask to "Solve Encounters"? Some of us are not up to the Orcs & Goblins chapter yet and some of us have just started the Orcs chapter, and do not have Orcs yet to trade in the Very Hard provinces. Ugh! I cannot even complete the 1st quest.
Since the previous major event, many forumers have given you tips on how to solve that issue, to no avail. Well, to each his own, I guess you'll just have to bear the consequence of your choices

DeletedUser9601

Why is it so hard for the game devs to insert an "OR" in quests that ask to "Solve Encounters"? Some of us are not up to the Orcs & Goblins chapter yet and some of us have just started the Orcs chapter, and do not have Orcs yet to trade in the Very Hard provinces. Ugh! I cannot even complete the 1st quest.
Honest question: what have you been spending your KP on for the past year+ that you've needed Orcs to negotiate, but not progressing in tech? Because by now, you could have a level 11 martial monastery that would let you fight encounters successfully, even if they are very hard. Same if you levelled up a level 6 Needles? Not trying to be unsympathetic, just generally curious of your playstyle.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
They finally got me with the offer for moonsplinter building only good in 1 city :mad: I was in one of my little cities for just a couple of minutes when it popped up. With that I am done doing any special effort or baby buildings for this event and actually hoping I stay :mad: enough to not give a darn about future ones. I'm thinking I will remember getting burned on this one for a long time. They already got my usual first spend on this one but not a chance I'll need the later splinter sale since I will only be trying to get a select few buildings. There is nowhere to put sets anyway with the Amuni taking so much space. Plan was to put them out after Amuni were finished. Not anymore!! Way to screw a spending customer Elvenar :mad:

DeletedUser9601

Plan was to put them out after Amuni were finished. Not anymore!! Way to screw a spending customer Elvenar :mad:
I appreciate the anger, but has anyone tried submitting a ticket for this sort of thing? Asking support to give the offer to your main city? I'd be shocked and amazed if they said no and refused your $5.
Just a thought?

rvtdragon1

Thank you.

Also do you know what they mean on quests 20-22 and 40-42? Tier 1 boosts? I thought that was from the magic school but that doesn't sound like it necessarily. I am on the heels of chapter V. But I am not sure I can do these just yet. Thanks.

Your Tier 1 boost is planks. quest 20 is produce the 3hr planks production 4 times, 21 is produce 9hr planks production 3 times...etc.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I appreciate the anger, but has anyone tried submitting a ticket for this sort of thing? Asking support to give the offer to your main city? I'd be shocked and amazed if they said no and refused your $5.
Just a thought?

Yeah I should try that. The thing is I have seen this happen here on the forum before so it is not an unknown. I just cannot believe that even though I make sure to not spend more than a couple of minutes in a small city when there is an event, FA or whatever else is going on they got me :( I'm thinking after all this time maybe it's better to just stop spending real $ on events that are a gamble in the first place with crap like this gamble piled on top. I always liked the events anyway but now not so much.

I guess I'm just getting fed up. Amuni take an absurd amount of space but I figured out how to fit all of it. Then the FA with nowhere to put anything and now an event with nowhere to put anything. Add something like this happening and the scale just tipped to this just isn't fun anymore. It's a giant dose of why the heck did I spend that $ on this. Kind of like the straw that broke the camel's back.

Of course I know I could do like what it seems a bunch of players are doing and just not do all of the Amuni and just wait for the next chapter to decline whatever can't be done without building it all but how is it that then the chapter is "done" without doing it? So people can progress without actually playing the central game challenges and benefit more from things like the event as an added benefit of not playing the game as designed. Just SMH!

DeletedUser15476

I'm not thrilled with this event but that could change I suppose.

# 14 quest is to research a tech or upgrade a building to lvl 12. Well, researching a tech takes dozens of KP and as I'm in chapter vi most all buildings are level 15 or higher with the exceptions of the workshops at lvl 1 for the event. This could take a long time.... It is quite the stretch unless - always possible - i'm understanding this incorrectly.

What say you?

DeletedUser9601

Of course I know I could do like what it seems a bunch of players are doing and just not do all of the Amuni and just wait for the next chapter to decline whatever can't be done without building it all but how is it that then the chapter is "done" without doing it? So people can progress without actually playing the central game challenges and benefit more from things like the event as an added benefit of not playing the game as designed. Just SMH!
For the Amuni, I'm focusing on the techs, and getting by with enough traps/golds that will let me complete the research tree. Then I'll just keep the buildings around for another week or 2 so I can get all level 4s as required by the quest. Its a little overkill/wasteful, but then I don't have an unfinished quest in my queue for 4 months.

DeletedUser9601

# 14 quest is to research a tech or upgrade a building to lvl 12. Well, researching a tech takes dozens of KP and as I'm in chapter vi most all buildings are level 15 or higher with the exceptions of the workshops at lvl 1 for the event. This could take a long time.... It is quite the stretch unless - always possible - i'm understanding this incorrectly.

What say you?
You are correct, it will take some time. There are a handful of other quests like this (I'd really recommend reviewing @TomatoeHu 's quest preview sheet), so its a good idea to have a few techs where you've filled in most or all KP so you can easily complete the task.

Also, remember, the sequential quest is designed to take you a few weeks. Unless you devote a lot of space and careful planning (and even then finishing in less than a week is impressive). So if you get stuck on a quest for 2-3 days while you save up KP, its ok. Because then there will be a bunch of quests you can finish in 5 seconds (like trade for marble, planks and steel, then collect some troops).

Its frustrating because you might want one of the early daily prizes, so you want to increase your total splinters ASAP. But Inno knows this, and designed things this way intentionally.

teddeler

They finally got me with the offer for moonsplinter building only good in 1 city :mad: I was in one of my little cities for just a couple of minutes when it popped up. With that I am done doing any special effort or baby buildings for this event and actually hoping I stay :mad: enough to not give a darn about future ones. I'm thinking I will remember getting burned on this one for a long time. They already got my usual first spend on this one but not a chance I'll need the later splinter sale since I will only be trying to get a select few buildings. There is nowhere to put sets anyway with the Amuni taking so much space. Plan was to put them out after Amuni were finished. Not anymore!! Way to screw a spending customer Elvenar :mad:

Someone may have heard you and 'fixed' this because I can't see the Moon Mirror offer in my smaller city - which is the city I want it in. Thanks a lot. :p

I use spoilers to look ahead and try to time the building upgrades so I only have to wait a couple hours for them to finish. Can be tricky but it's workable.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Someone may have heard you and 'fixed' this because I can't see the Moon Mirror offer in my smaller city - which is the city I want it in. Thanks a lot. :p

We can only wish Inno responded to anything that fast :rolleyes: Honestly, I already know that the answer will be "Oh Well". I remember somebody asking Timon (a developer) about this in a Q&A and he confirmed that "special" offers only go to one city per user whichever one they are in first. Frankly, what that says to me is that they are aware that it makes players unhappy since we cannot choose but they do not care :(

DeletedUser12171

What say you?
I suggest you build one residence and upgrade it through to max level, making sure to upgrade it only when the quest asks for it. It should be sufficient to clear all the upgrade quests.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
For the Amuni, I'm focusing on the techs, and getting by with enough traps/golds that will let me complete the research tree. Then I'll just keep the buildings around for another week or 2 so I can get all level 4s as required by the quest. Its a little overkill/wasteful, but then I don't have an unfinished quest in my queue for 4 months.

Pretty close to what I plan on doing. I want to get all of them to level 4 to complete that last substantial quest. Then I intend to finish up the tech tree with less than 8 & 4 so I can get back to adding pop and upgrading what I want to. In the meantime it is either boring just waiting to accomplish the Amuni tasks or majorly frustrating not having any space or pop for anything else.