• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The May Celebration Event Discussion

Vysanthea

@Vysanthea
I so enjoyed your post! I still remember the struggles to be a patient player and discovering the pleasures of the events. If you play the Spire you can win the "teleport building" instant so you can store a bulding and replace it when you want to.
I'm glad your enjoying it.

edited for : I still struggle to be patient....!
I have played the spire twice now and have won 2 "teleport building" instants, they were very helpful! I didn't make it very far last week. My army isn't big enough to do many of the battles and there were foes that I just didn't have the equivalent to. My resources were stretched thin so I just ran out of time.

I have also run out of space to use any more of the items I have gotten from this event! Even so I am bummed that it is coming to an end. Alas I know it must. I am looking forward to another event like this one.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I didn't either @WolfSinger until I found how to allow Inno to send me those emails buried under Data Usage in in-game account settings and that was in the last 6 months or less. Guessing when I started the game, I 'opted out' of something that used the word 'promotional' that my brain interprets as 'spam my email, please'. When I changed it, I still only checked the first box, but now I get the bonus event currency emails.

WolfSinger

@samidodamage - I just double checked - and I'm opted-in to both of the email options under Contact Options in the Data Usage settings. - I get everything else - but don't remember ever receiving a bonus event currency email.

qaccy

My least favorite events, regardless of the prizes, are the ones where extra clicks are needed for no good reason to obtain grand prizes. It's pretty pointless from a player's perspective.

EDIT: I'll add some more feedback to balance out the complaint. I liked the addition of the free daily reward, as well as the relative simplicity of the quests. I think overall there were very few different tasks so it probably looks repetitive in a list, but the important thing for me is that I didn't really have to do much outside my normal routine to get them done. It also seems like the artifacts were handed out fairly generously, with me having acquired 13 in total after spending all of my seeds, along with a second May Tree. Of course, that second tree is probably going to be basically useless with only 3 artifacts, but I suppose it can just sit in my inventory until I get another full set of 10 to be able to upgrade it.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7738

So many good comments, suggestions and observations - I hope they mean something positive to the devs & Innogames to help improve the event(s). I agree on almost all that is mentioned, that which needs to be done to the event(s) to make them more enjoyable, playable & worthwhile - esp the shuffle: it has to go. Would rather see the spinning chests return.

NightshadeCS

I can honestly live with the shuffle board, though a few changes there would be great.

The worst part was getting the flowers on the tree. Like many others, I saved up a bunch for the last day and actually ended up with over 90 flowers to place on that gersh-dern tree. Took forever. I'm still doing it.

Crow Last Elf

I won 18 dailies and 19 GP in one city and 13 DP's and 21 GP in another. This is less DP's than the Phoenix or Carnival events. The Grand Prizes are not as exciting to me as wishing wells, ferris wheels, libraries and trading outposts. The KP,coin and supply instants are not something I look forward too.

The May Tree offers me Dust, the last good that I would want (along with scrolls) and coins, which I don't need - so a large chunk of the value is worthless to me.

I liked the variety of prizes on the shuffleboard, especially the tiny buildings and the troop instants. When I select prizes for the revolving chests, I am going for the DP or the GP, so I end up receiving many of the same secondary prize. With both the shuffleboard and the revolving chests, I have dry spells where it takes 15% of the total event currency to win a single DP, so that aspect is equally bad for me.

My chpt.3 city was ahead of my chpt.7 city by the end, so matching quests to city size worked great for me.

More than an engaging story line, I would like a short challenging event, I think that would be a lot of fun.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The May Tree offers me Dust, the last good that I would want (along with scrolls) and coins, which I don't need - so a large chunk of the value is worthless to me.

I don't know if you are in a fellowship that does well in the weekly tournaments, but if you are, and are building up a collection of Royal Restorations in your chapter 7 city, you could always save them up until you are in chapter 9 and use them to upgrade your May Tree to that chapter. That way it will give you Mana instead of Dust. A level 10 May Tree with chapter 9 stats will give 6352 Mana/24 hours and that is a good amount at the start of that chapter.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I hope there are better options so I wouldn't have to use any RR's, but it's always good to have options!

Just remember until you are actually in Chapter 9 after completing the Advanced Scouts tech, any event building you win will just give those same tier 3 goods. And yes, there is a good chance a building you may win while in chapter 8 would be more worth the upgrade than the May Tree.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Dispite the complaints about the randomness of the shuffel board from some ppl, i will say that the final results, artifact wise, was a lot better then the last event. Both my cities i got 12 artifacts which is enough to fully upgrade the building. Where as last time, one of my cities only got 7 artifacts despite having finished everything.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Dispite the complaints about the randomness of the shuffel board from some ppl, i will say that the final results, artifact wise, was a lot better then the last event. Both my cities i got 12 artifacts which is enough to fully upgrade the building. Where as last time, one of my cities only got 7 artifacts despite having finished everything.

Well, it felt like they made this one a lot easier to get the artifacts, probably because they did not schedule a Fellowship Adventure after it for the usual two extra artifacts.

GlamDoll

This event was more fun than the last few. I do hope, as others have already mentioned & discussed, that the shuffle gets a 'think tank' or abolished & we get back the 3 chests...or dare I say it & be progressive? Something better than either!

@InnoGames Thank you again! I have had more fun than I have had in a good while now here. With all that is going on, it means more than I know how to articulate.

Cheers!

EZ AKA GlamDoll.

Dividius

I thought I was going to hate the shuffle based on the comments, but I believe I benefited more often than I lost. If there is no shuffle, I have to open all 16 flowers. If I hit the item I want most on try 5, I have a good chance to not have to open 11 more flowers to get a chance at another prized reward. Because the shuffle gives me 10 seeds and a free spin, I am get one flower free, so my odds are one in sixteen. The magnifying glass increases my odds more. I can either see prizes I want or want to avoid. If I want to avoid two, I now can have a second try to get what I want after thirteen chances. If I reveal the shuffle, I can go as far as I want, and then shuffle. If I hit the reveal two after I get the 2x, I have a great chance of getting the desired prize with less seeds than without the shuffle. On one occasion, I ended up with four culture buildings which had about 3x the culture per tile than I had before the event.

The bottom line is that the shuffle afforded me the opportunity to get multiple rewards which I wanted without having to go through the whole board each time.

I would agree that having a shuffle option would be nice. Perhaps it could be added for the cost of opening one flower.

DeletedUser15476

The 'May Celebrations' Questline Event starts on Monday May 11th

You will find all the core information including prizes and discussion here:
https://tinyurl.com/ybctnlsy

You are welcome to share this link with friends and fellowship.

96310244_10216686906865698_6294669391451652096_n.jpg

Here is a look at the Festive May Tree evolving building:

95743465_10216663387517729_435987047954513920_n.jpg

Elvenar Platinum Leaf is a free-to-join public Facebook group for lovers of Elvenar.
You and your friends are welcome to join, to join in discussion with our members, and share all the latest news from the Forums.

How can I get a synopsis to post in my Fellowship?

DeletedUser15476

Is there a way to copy bits of the info on elvengems Re: the event so I can post them in messages to my Fellowship?