• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Nothing is coming for me

Maplestone

Since the last great migration earlier this year, my city has been in a comfortable and peaceful land. My citizens have been well fed, the merchants busy counting coin, the orcs industrious the lumber mills churning away with great efficiently and the scouts slowly expanding the frontier of our acquaintances.

However a few months ago, whispers started reaching my city from the west. Far beyond our borders, the wilderness was pushing back against civilization. And not the nice walking, talking sort of wilderness, but a zone of nameless nothingness like the edge of the world save for a few small isolated villages holding on out there.

At first, I didn't think much of it. Perhaps a little blip of migration? Perhaps just a slight breakdown in distant communication? I kept expecting it to fill back in. But the nothingness started to grow. Month by month, it slowly expanded. No longer could it be dismissed as something temporary. An unease started to creep up my spine as each week I would check and debate with my advisors whether there had been movement. In recent weeks, it was not longer a distant phenomemon but had crept within a few cities of my frontier.

Today, to my horror, the nothing reached my border and a gold mine appeared where once there had been a tiny outpost of civilization. I do not know what to say to my people. I do not know what the future holds for them. There are still many thriving communities around us, many good and helpful neighbours. But this ominous nothing ... it's coming ....

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
And it makes sense that it is coming. If you move all the "less than active" players to the edge but don't delete them (yet) you might also set a timer on them and ..... yep, they go after a few months.

I think I'd ask to be moved to a more central location.

Just thoughts off the top of my head.

AJ