• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

the "oracle" building

DeletedUser16929

i have read that storage buildings are not allowed or a possible.
instead of storage, is it possible to have a building that could be converted to any other building
say this "oracle" is only 1 x 1 in size, but could be permanently changed or converted to take on all of the abilities, effects and production of the any building picked.
... i say 1 x 1 in size would be awesome when filling empty plots in our cities.
this "oracle" building could have a spell that could be crafted and then used to covert building of our choice.
this would make the "oracle" building very desirable... would make a very grand prize.
for example the "oracle" building could also be sold at the store, there could be a limit to how many any one city could have and they could be sold for big coin, perhaps the most expensive thing
there you have it, the " oracle " building. use it, build it and they shall come
orbiting high above the earth's mantle....................................... sputnik
.......................GGGGGGGGG i must have been high when i was orbiting
please ignore this idea seems to to a very silly idea, what was i not thinking
... a little 1 x 1 is toooooooooo much to ask for
instedd maybe a building that gives us wise sayings and/or/if/maybe/not advise and really high culture or maybe it does not have to be high, but are oracles high?
if any1 knows, please add your comment/wisdom/knowledge/opinion and if this is another silly idea
... please be not afraid not, but be and do tell am i silly?

Last edited by a moderator:

The Unbeliever

Or, we can just keep doing what we normally do, and keep flooding the beta/US/eng forums with our cries to have Inno give us the Store Building kits ala FoE...
It worked for upgrading event buildings, after a couple years of non-stop wishing/complaining about that missing feature.

Now we have to be just as vocal to get our Store Building kits that would allow us to return an event building to our inventories. :)

The big issue that needs to be fixed though; returning the 'timed' buildings (ie: Wishing Well, Trading Post, etc...) would NOT reset those timers!!

But otherwise, it is a critical feature that would be hugely useful and finally make ALL event buildings relevant beyond just a few of the timed buildings + one or two of the sets...
I know I'm not alone in that I hardly ever place any event buildings, simply because I don't want to be forced to delete them & lose them forever within a few months.
It would be nice to finally be able just shift some of the stuff you really want to keep back into inventory, complete your newest guest race stuff, then put back into your city while you're waiting for the next chapter to get going!:)

DeletedUser

Oracle
noun
or·a·cle | \ ˈȯr-ə-kəl , ˈär-\

1a: a person (such as a priestess of ancient Greece) through whom a deity is believed to speak the prophecies of the Delphic oracle
b: a shrine in which a deity reveals hidden knowledge or the divine purpose through such a person
c: an answer or decision given by an oracle
2a: a person giving wise or authoritative decisions or opinions

An Oracle building had better be this^. If the development team gave us an "Oracle building", and instead of giving KP or Pet Food or maybe even Phoenix Artifacts randomly, it was a storage building, I'd think they were idiots.

If it's storage, call it storage. The developers aren't going to cave suddenly and say, "wow, not sure what this is, it has the attributes of a storage shed, but the players demanding it are calling it a 'poo pot', so maybe it isn't storage after all. Let's give it to them."

I can see it now...
Me: Yes, I'd like to have a large bowl of petunias that I can place outside of my city so as not to take up any space...maybe on the mountainside somewhere.
Them: Why?
Me: Because I want it. It'll make my life easier. I'm a customer and I should have what I want.
Them: What do you want it to do?
Me: Hold things that I put into it.
Them: Storage, then.
Me: No, holdage.
Them: But it's storing your items--
Me: No, it's just holding them.
Them: Right. :rolleyes: What are you calling it, then?
Me: Agrajag.
Them: Agrajag?
Me: Agrajag. Or Stavro Mueller. Either is acceptable.
Them: ... Well...that's alright then.

Somehow, I don't see it working out like that.

Seriously though, all pissiness and larking aside, the likelihood of storage being introduced in Elvenar grows dimmer as time progresses. Past Event buildings are brought back around in other Events so you don't have to hang on to older items, and some can (or may be in the future) be crafted, and now that we have the RR spell (which can be crafted)... And I get wanting temporary storage, but lack of storage, even temporary, is "part of the challenge" of this game, and as has been pointed out by several more experienced players time and again, if you keep an expansion empty expressly for the purpose of temporary storage, you have what you're asking for. And when you finish a guest race and clear out the guest buildings, you've plenty space to move things around and sort stuff out.

Deleted User - 3932582

But otherwise, it is a critical feature that would be hugely useful
I tend to see inability to unsummon buildings, or going down a level, as core part of the game mechanic. Yes, it makes you make choices, and some of them are hard. But that's what game is all about!

Similarly, rotating buildings 90 degrees would also be hugely useful. But it will not happen (I hope), because this trivializes the game even more than it is. So fitting shapes in a rigid fashion is just part of the challenge - just like figuring out what and when to place.

My opinion.

Vergazi

Similarly, rotating buildings 90 degrees would also be hugely useful.
Okay, I've never been afraid of looking stupid...since I probably am stupid, but in any case I'll ask the obvious question to those who aren't computer coders/digital artists. If you could rotate buildings or cities wouldn't Inno have to design and render the backsides of every last building ever released in the game? If that is the case I don't see that ever happening. Added note on the concept of storage- if Inno ever did allow any form of storage back into inventory they would have to make it a special segregated part of the inventory where the buildings cannot be disenchanted like buildings that have never been plopped down before.

DeletedUser20929

would you be interested in a 4x4 building that doesn't do anything, but lets you drag smaller buildings into it? perhaps 16x16 inside, but can't have roads or road connections?

hmm I just realized that culture and population would still count and this building is too strong.

i tried

Deleted User - 3932582

If you could rotate buildings or cities wouldn't Inno have to design and render the backsides of every last building ever released in the game?
If they designed everything as 3D models and then just render into 2D, then that would be a trivial exercise. But it seems that they design in Photoshop (watch Gravity Inn design video), so yeah, they would have to re-draw all the different angles. Luckily, this is not happening for many reasons ;)

The Unbeliever

I do not think that word means what you think it means.
Event buildings are rare and many of them are '1 shot only' deals. Occasionally a few of them will show up a year or two later, but just as many are likely to never show up ever again...
Giving us a Store Building kit means that players don't have to risk losing treasured event buildings.

for example, a player moves into S&D's and needs their Totally-Not-Hogwarts guest race buildings built up.
But to do so, means they now must delete FOREVER their Carnival set because they simply don't have the space to accommodate everything. (ie: maybe they can't buy diamond expansions?)
However, that player has already sunk say 2 chapters worth of RR spells into that Carnival set. So now, they're also deleting months worth of additional resources!

It's just a gak feeling that eventually you know you're likely going to be forced to throw away rare stuff.

As someone who also just loves certain buildings just for their looks, it's BS that all my event stuff is better left in my inventory where I can at least always admire it, vs. putting things into my city and knowing full well that I'd likely be forced to lose it for freaking ever as soon as I need to redesign everything for the next guest race...

It's not strategic or 'challenging' in the least. It's just a pile of BS.
Inno can give us a Store Building kit, but just keep them rare so that the hard choices remain in place. (ie: to save my set, I'll have to say bye-bye to my other X/Y/Z event buildings, or else slow my progress down by months to save up more kits)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Event buildings are rare and many of them are '1 shot only' deals. Occasionally a few of them will show up a year or two later, but just as many are likely to never show up ever again...
Giving us a Store Building kit means that players don't have to risk losing treasured event buildings.

for example, a player moves into S&D's and needs their Totally-Not-Hogwarts guest race buildings built up.
But to do so, means they now must delete FOREVER their Carnival set because they simply don't have the space to accommodate everything. (ie: maybe they can't buy diamond expansions?)
However, that player has already sunk say 2 chapters worth of RR spells into that Carnival set. So now, they're also deleting months worth of additional resources!

It's just a gak feeling that eventually you know you're likely going to be forced to throw away rare stuff.

As someone who also just loves certain buildings just for their looks, it's BS that all my event stuff is better left in my inventory where I can at least always admire it, vs. putting things into my city and knowing full well that I'd likely be forced to lose it for freaking ever as soon as I need to redesign everything for the next guest race...

It's not strategic or 'challenging' in the least. It's just a pile of BS.
Inno can give us a Store Building kit, but just keep them rare so that the hard choices remain in place. (ie: to save my set, I'll have to say bye-bye to my other X/Y/Z event buildings, or else slow my progress down by months to save up more kits)
That's all a perfectly reasonable position to hold. But the word critical means that the system fails without it. Having to give up favourite buildings is irritating, but it doesn't break the game.

Deleted User - 3932582

You already have that choice. It's called "remove non-event buildings". If you're fine with slowing down your progress, and/or saying bye-bye to rare/unique stuff, surely you're fine with removing some of the regular stuff that you can rebuild in its perfect original form - it will simply take a while.

bkbajb

I have disagreed with storage buildings by any name. This game is meant to be challenging which sometimes means you need to think your decisions through. Have I regretted some of my decisions, yep. But I learn and move on. In my opinion, if Inno wants to help then how about moving the builders and trader inside the Main Hall. That would help a little bit without giving us a way to save buildings. Another thought, How about not placing that building until you are really sure that it will help. I realize that blows the instant gratification needed by many, but it could help. Ok, my sarcasm is done for the night.

DeletedUser9601

These buildings are treasured, but also obsolete. How does that compute?
If you like how a building looks, and lament losing it. Fine. That's what RR can be for, for some.
But if you want every event building to always be useful, that's stupid. There's 4 events a year, plus lots of minor events, plus rewards from challenges and FSAs. There aren't enough expansions to place all this stuff. Just accept that all the "hard work" to get a set or a few daily buildings was well spent, and save the RRs for the buildings you really love the art on. And move on.