• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Phoenix Cult

DeletedUser14684

I'm probably in the minority, but I love all the new buildings and prizes for this event. The art and special effects are amazing!

Yeah, some are better than others when it comes to boosts/bonuses, and I know that everyone is ga-ga over the wishing wells. They are neat in their ability to randomly give diamonds and KP and are quite beautiful, but they weren't a must have for me this event. I got one for each of my two cities and that was plenty for me. I am probably one of the few that tries for buildings because of how they look and fit in with the look of my city rather than for their ultimate prize value (though I will admit I almost always go for the pop/culture combo buildings).

I love love love to collect the random orc buildings that come out every event. They are my favorite! I've got a wee orc village I've been building over time with all the of orc prizes from each event over the last couple of years - so keep those orc themed buildings coming! I am desperately hoping the Unobtrusive House makes a second appearance in the prize list as I wasn't able to get it for my first city (alas, I ran out of sky essences).

I found the event challenging at times and easy at others, which works fine for me. I was able to get through the first quest-line fairly quickly. While it was great that I was able to get it done before the event ended, unfortunately I burned through the sky essences from it much too quickly and am now counting on the daily quest-line to hopefully get the last few buildings I want.

As for specific quests, the mass relic quests are my least favorite. It's great if that quest pops up during a tournament, but when it doesn't I'm forced to scout and finish out provinces to get the relics I need. I am not one to just sit on a quest for 4 days to wait for another tournament to start. Needless to say, I'm so far scouted ahead (mostly thanks to events that require relics to complete them), that it will very soon not be a possibility for me any longer. I already have provinces requiring orcs to finish them and I'm still only in the fairies chapter. This is one event quest I'd like to see retired permanently. Either that, or please give us another way to gain relics (or give us low chapter folks access to an event building that gives out orcs so we can keep scouting ahead or give us access to an event building that gives out relics so we don't have to scout so far ahead - something - anything - to fit our playing style too).

All in all, a great event with lovely art. Thanks to all who contributed and made it so much fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

kctanzen

I was talking about putting buildings in storage, so there would be no "rebuild" time.

Probably another indication of my inexperience and game ignorance again ..having that much space devoted to event buildings around the orcs chapter seems off kilter. I made the assumption that the space was normal menu buildings. /shrug ... Apologies for the misunderstanding!

bkbajb

I feel you. I spent a huge amount... close to 2,000 (everything I'd saved up after the day 2 lighthouse, and I'm on sequential quest 61, *and* I bought $40 worth) - no building. And, I'm stuck because that $40 was all I could spend at this time, and I have no speed ups, and #61 takes 2 days. So, no chance of building unless it's offered on a second day later in the quest.
Which totally ruins this entire event for me, as the "grand prize" buildings are set buildings that are only useful if you have them all on 4 unlocks! Grrr.

1 thing to think about for the next event this summer. We always get accurate information on the quests. Build extra workshops and tier 1 boosted goods. Then as you get closer to the 1 and 2 day start them, just do not collect them until that quest comes up. Also, for the higher building upgrades, save your instants until those come up. You get through all of the quests without spending.

kctanzen

Had an amazing light bulb moment -- really wish this had come to me earlier however!
I just started orcs and goblins .. meaning that any event building that aren't stunningly awesome are going to be very obsolete when I get to the next chapter.
Mana starts to kick in.... so pretty much all of the sort-of-upgrades I had targeted sort of don't matter one hoot.
Sooo .. I guess that means another crack at more wishing wells!! /grin

Tauriel Dragonwood

For example, I am definitely very afraid of autonomous cars!
EVOLUTION OF AUTOMATION & A.I.
With all this new wireless technology and the cost of making a phone call, people are texting more often than verbally communicating with each other.
I hope humans never stop verbally communicating.

If you’re interested in what might happen with automation and A.I., check out XFiles Season 11 Episode 7. That was an excellent episode and really makes you wonder what’s it going to be like in the future if we humans turn all our everyday chores, decision making, and personal info over to artificial intelligence. So glad I have a stupid phone instead of a smart one.

After seeing what Scully went through in a driverless car, don't think I will be using one for a while. Here’s the link. Don’t pause the video or choose ads. Just let the movie run because it’s a free pass to watch this episode, and the timer is counting down.

fox.com/watch/39b3ae45d91f1e826f679ad8555a5a33/

Am I wrong or is there really no way to get all three grand prizes unless you buy some essence? and if my math is right, that's not fair to all the players who do all the quests, only to fail getting all the grand prizes.

DeletedUser9759

So, two days for lighthouses, two days for pavilions, and two for wishing wells. Not as much variety as the winter event. I was hoping for a unicorn :(

DeletedUser14396

Am I wrong or is there really no way to get all three grand prizes unless you buy some essence? and if my math is right, that's not fair to all the players who do all the quests, only to fail getting all the grand prizes.

There is a small chance, at least from my understanding. But it mostly comes if when you spend sky essence you select only the small egg. And mostly on double feathers day. That's if you want the three grand prizes and don't care much about the daily prizes.

From my understanding, while the big egg does give you a slightly higher chance of getting the daily, it's only slightly. However, if you don't get the daily the small egg gives a better chance of getting 50 or 90 sky essences. So it gives you more chances to try. And those more chances add up to more feathers. So if you're lucky, you can get all three grand prizes. But other than that, yeah your math is correct.

Pheryll

Set Designer
From my understanding, while the big egg does give you a slightly higher chance of getting the daily, it's only slightly. However, if you don't get the daily the small egg gives a better chance of getting 50 or 90 sky essences. So it gives you more chances to try. And those more chances add up to more feathers. So if you're lucky, you can get all three grand prizes. But other than that, yeah your math is correct.

The small egg is better at both the daily and at the grand prize progression. Large egg is for KP and time booster. Medium is good at coin and supply instants.

DeletedUser12171

Since this is a freemium game, I think it's not too unreasonable to actually pay something to get the big prizes. In fact, there is more than the ghost of a chance to get all 3 GPs without paying anything, so I think it's more than fair.

DeletedUser3507

I don't know last event I won the grand prize by making use of double days, it should still work that way, but I can't say for certain as I am not doing the event. Ithink Inno introduction of set building quite a few months ago is questionable at best in my opinion, I wish the would junk them.

I just can't see devoting 4+ 5x5's to set buildings when I can buy one that way more then the set building group and takes only 1/4 the size that the set buildings would require, and if I get 2 it's still only 1/2 of what they would take. Set building while they may be good for lower chapters just don't have that much of an appeal for me. I put in 2 Temples of the Element instead of gambling on getting the full set.

DeletedUser14396

The small egg is better at both the daily and at the grand prize progression. Large egg is for KP and time booster. Medium is good at coin and supply instants.

Thank you. That's the best tip I've seen since this event started.

DeletedUser14396

Does anyone know if there will be another double feathers day? We need at least one more of them.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I don't know last event I won the grand prize by making use of double days
The last event was longer (more daily quest essence & more days for picking up drops on the map) and had more sequential quests. That made it less likely to get the amount of feathers needed for the 3rd GP. The change for the small chest being potentially more productive than the large came because of the elimination of runes as a possible prize, changing the probable outcome for receiving extra essence, thus more feathers.
I'm not interested in the set buildings from this event, either. The Winter set buildings are performing nicely for my needs. I did not participate in the Robert Redbeard event at all, as I didn't want/need those buildings. This event, the only thing I'm interested in are the mana producers (and one Unleashed Unit Upgrade building I managed to get in 3 rolls of the small chest or I would have stopped at 5 rolls). I want to see how many of the Burning Pool I can get. The Wishing Well held no interest for me as I do purchase diamonds on what I consider a small basis (~$20/month) so I can use the space in a better way for me.
I'm also not complaining that the issue is with the game or the developers and they need to change all this around to suit me and the way I prefer to play.

DeletedUser16529

Hello, I am new to this game have a couple of questions. I play this game on an iPad. So things are different on a pc. I want to know how to find out the name of my city. Afraid to logout think I will have to start a new game. Also, I am trying to do the Easter quest. I am stuck with the simple, accept one trade. I go to the trader and no one posts items. I even messaged for someone to post an offer for a chapter 1 level. Need help. Thanks. :/

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Hello, I am new to this game have a couple of questions. I play this game on an iPad. So things are different on a pc. I want to know how to find out the name of my city. Afraid to logout think I will have to start a new game. Also, I am trying to do the Easter quest. I am stuck with the simple, accept one trade. I go to the trader and no one posts items. I even messaged for someone to post an offer for a chapter 1 level. Need help. Thanks. :/
Events are really tough to do for new players who are not in a fellowship. you should try to join one as soon as you can. That will make all of the trade quests easier

DeletedUser16529

I am in a fellowship. Also need help to figure out what name my game world is.

DeletedUser16529

Events are really tough to do for new players who are not in a fellowship. you should try to join one as soon as you can. That will make all of the trade quests easier
I am in a fellowship.