• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

the presapus of the wood elves chapter

• Thread starter DeletedUser15604
  • Start date

DeletedUser15604

ok im just carefree and willy nilly about chapters but due to the struggles and tribulations from previous chapters im really going to try and do things the suggested way lol. ive done my reading from gems about this race and its suggestions of how to do techs and what not, but im still apprehensive on starting this chapter.. i feel like i want to be engaging this new race the right way... with forethought and strategy... im literally on scouting tech right now so i know i havent made a mess of things... yet... im still a bit confused as to win to sell off the orc stuff, changing to mana culture and the decay thingamabob (how much culture to u keep) , how many orcs should i still be making still, the changing of stone, steel, and wood into the stuff they need, and finally the elves currency... if anyone could be so kind as to help fill in the gaps or give me a game plan it would be greatly appreciated.
and as always, game on and game hard
Everhad

DeletedUser2768

Selling Orc Stuff: If you've completed all the tech and upgraded your roads, then sell everything but the portal. Like other guest races, you will get a quest to sell the portal.

Mana decays at 10% every 24 hours. At the "Magic Hour" (I don't know the actual time) you will lose 10% of your total mana that you have stored. Make sure you have enough weeping willows to account for that.

Orc Heads: I think this was the time I started to slow down on my productions. I have two armories and they crank out those ugly buggers every 4 days. I still have more than I really need.

Here's what Mykan's Guide to Guest Races has to say about Woodelves:

Wood Elves
This guest race focuses on basic goods, specifically Plank factories.

Unique aspects
  • Culture buildings produce Mana which depreciates at 10% per day. Culture buildings will require roads to produce Mana and receive neighbourly help.
  • New Mercenary camp unit
    • Ranger
  • Late access to unique resources for the second half of the era
Resources
Wood_Elve_Resources.jpg

Strategies
  • Your maximum mana is 10 times your daily production. You need to have a maximum amount high enough to upgrade your main hall. The higher your maximum mana the easier and faster to get to the amount you need.
  • Wood Elve culture buildings do provide culture when not connect to roads but not mana or neighbourly help
  • Plan for at least 10 weeping willows. You can use 7-8 early in the chapter but later on the demand on mana from your unique buildings and trying to save for technologies become rather slow if you do not have more mana production.
  • There is a mainline quest requiring 4 forest fabrications, 6 marble grafting, 6 steel grafting and 4 plank grafting sites. This is actually a very good guide for what is needed. If desired you might like an extra fabrication or two especially at the start while trying to produce mana tears to build grafting sites. You may choose to keep any extra (any above 4) fabrications at lower levels. A 5th plank grafting site is also very helpful as there is a large demand for planks needed, refer to spreadsheet at the start of this section to see total resources needed.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Mana decays at 10% every 24 hours. At the "Magic Hour" (I don't know the actual time) you will lose 10% of your total mana that you have stored. Make sure you have enough weeping willows to account for that.

This is at 4AM Eastern/1AM Pacific until Daylight Savings starts again, then it will shift forward an hour.

Strategies
  • Your maximum mana is 10 times your daily production. You need to have a maximum amount high enough to upgrade your main hall. The higher your maximum mana the easier and faster to get to the amount you need.
  • Plan for at least 10 weeping willows. You can use 7-8 early in the chapter but later on the demand on mana from your unique buildings and trying to save for technologies become rather slow if you do not have more mana production.

Not sure why he wrote it like that, but there is no maximum amount of mana you can stockpile that I know of. But there will be a point where you have enough mana stored that your daily production will not cover the daily loss of 10%. When you hit that, you need to either spend some mana or build more mana-producing buildings to get ahead again.

Also, I am not sure if I ever built 10 or more weeping willows. Plus, as soon as I had the woodelf habitat researched, I replaced all my willows with those because they give population in addition to culture and mana generation.

DeletedUser9601

Willows and other always-available buildings are nice (Libraries, all the 1x3 little shops). But best advice for Woodelves, Sorcerers, Halflings, etc. is find event buildings that give mana, and prioritize those. There should be another event late-March/early-April, and dollars to donuts, it will offer up buildings (either stand-alone or part of a set) that produce 2x to 3x more mana per square than Willows. Spending all of your event tokens on these sorts of buildings can really simplify the mana mechanic.

DeletedUser15604

ok so 2 armories should crank out enough orcs, i can get rid of orc stuff except portal, replace current culture with willows or something like that and maybe get lucky in events, im still a bit confused on the change or regular goods to elves goods.. appreciate taking the time to help me out rose, tedious, and envehar
as always.. game on and game hard!
ever

shimmerfly

https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/woodelves-chapter-ix

@EverHad Mykan's Guides are always super helpful and I found this to be very helpful also. I recently started Woodelves too.
If you scroll down about half way to "Beginning the Chapter" it explains a lot. Also a little further down it shows you what to research first. Congrats for getting out of Orcs as a survivor. We should get free T-shirts for that chapter. :p

DeletedUser2768

im still a bit confused on the change or regular goods to elves goods..

You'll still have your supplies, and T1/2/3 goods. Those don't change. Instead of mushroom farms and rally points, you have plank/steel/marble things and forest fabrications.I'm in the middle of Woodelves in Arendyll, if you can go take a look.

We should get free T-shirts for that chapter. :p

I don't have enough like buttons for this comment.

DeletedUser15604

ohhhh k i think i get it now lol that cleared it up... i was thinking that was in addittion to.. but that is going to be the currency .. ty rose and shimmer

DeletedUser2768

ohhhh k i think i get it now lol that cleared it up... i was thinking that was in addittion to.. but that is going to be the currency .. ty rose and shimmer

Always look for the simplest answer. This game isn't complicated......well, maybe fighting......but stuff like this, keep it simple.