• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Saga of The Restoration Spell..

hvariidh gwendrot

i have been playing this game since the spring event of 2018 and that seemed to be when a rebalancing was done to bring things in to alignment with newer players (seems someone made event buildings to heavy on the pop and culture then decided to go back and fix things ) .. maybe it needed to be done, i was new at the time so i settled in and watched the show...then a mythical object called a "Restoration spell" was talked about and how it would be offered to let players bring up lower level event buildings they wished to keep, blah blah yada yada things happened and here we are... so lets speculate because i have been trying to hang on to buildings for looks and the numbers are getting to wide to not replace .... it effects game play to a certain degree holding out for thing if this item never happens, and the closest thing i have ever gotten for an answer from support is "they are baffled" how to make it work ...

hvariidh gwendrot

lol seems they could have told me about that when we were chatting a couple weeks ago :cool:

edit add.. thanks for the link .. ok WOW so Please never show me those people again without sub titles and time stamping where they answer specific to question .. they have no release date and a uncertain functionality on the completed project but at least they're trying :).. not to get to picky but that guy saying maybe we could possibly in the future see if that's something we could do, isn't a yes hahaha

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
not to get to picky but that guy saying maybe we could possibly in the future see if that's something we could do, isn't a yes hahaha
That is par for the course with the live Q&A sessions. Not once have I heard a date or anything resembling a promise.
In fact, due to this game and its devs I no longer have any concept of "soon". I have literally no idea what that means.

Last edited:

HJK84

So I just watched it.

Did I understand correctly, Blueprints will still be available in game, but can only be used on MR and MW. While the upcoming RR can be used on MR, MW and Event Buildings.
So, RR isn't replacing Blueprints? Or did they try and replace it and ran into issues, so they're going to keep it?
~25+min. mark they spoke about this.

SoggyShorts

Did I understand correctly, Blueprints will still be available in game, but can only be used on MR and MW. While the upcoming RR can be used on MR, MW and Event Buildings.
I thought that for a minute at first too, but then when I asked about the conversion rate they said to wait for an announcement which implied that there was a conversion rate and therefore a conversion...maybe

HJK84

I thought that for a minute at first too, but then when I asked about the conversion rate they said to wait for an announcement which implied that there was a conversion rate and therefore a conversion...maybe

So still not 100% sure.
My fear is, we won't get RR from 10 Chests... and if so... :mad:

This will hinder my current debate of purchasing Magic Res' or Prem. Expansion. Even made a thread about it, to get some opinions, lol

SoggyShorts

maybe it is a slot machine
Lemme tell ya
slots.png

Pheryll

Set Designer
That is par for the course with the live Q&A sessions. Not once have I heard a date or anything resembling a promise.
In fact, due to this game and its devs I no longer have any concept of "soon". I have literally no idea what that means.

I think negativity has caused us to overlook things. There was a promised feature with a date attached delivered by that date, that is the HTML conversion. I know that this one was necessary for the continuation of the game long term, but their announcement with the time of release was not even covered by Jack in his excerpt videos. For the RR spell the Elvenar team has given implementation details, a description of the problems they faced, and apologies for not being able to meet the announced release time for it of the end of the year. In this latest Q&A they have announced also doing a tournament restructuring tied to the RR spell's release. They have gone into the mechanics of how the RR spell will be different than blueprints, detailed the re-indexing needed for all event buildings, and have stated that the testers have a working model. This seems like the RR spell is a commitment that they intend to deliver on, with plenty of changes attached. I almost get the feeling that the real commitments Elvenar makes are being ignored, but the features we insist upon are instead being used to evaluate the team's ability to deliver, even though Elvenar has not made the same level of commitment to implementing the "approved" ideas and suggestions we offer.

DeletedUser12171

i think judging from the updates over the past year the main focus of the devs are clear:

- continual introduction of a new chapter every 6 months or so
- transitioning from Flash to HTML5
- bringing the mobile app's functionality up to that of the browser version
- adding new features and tweaking existing ones -> this is what the RR spell falls under. Clearly, things like crafting, roulette wheel for event prizes and even fine tuning FAs are higher on the priority list. Since they said they tried rolling out RR but it broke the game, we can infer that it WAS on top of the list but after it broke the game it was downgraded and I can see why - it simply is another use for blueprints, which in their current form are not really in need of tweaking. It was only an an additional function because people said they wanted a use that didn't involve spending diamonds (Magic ws/res).

Yes, the nerf of some event buildings was in preparation for the rolling out of the RR spell, and I think a fair criticism would be that they should have held off on that until they were sure the spell was ready to go, but that's done and there's no rolling back. To those still sitting on un-upgraded event buildings and a negative population waiting for the spell to go live, I'd say move on, it'll come when it does. You'd have shirked off that dependence on event buildings by now if you'd not sat on it. In any case, how many people are really sitting on a pile of blueprints with no other use except for when that patch comes around?

DeletedUser3507

i think judging from the updates over the past year the main focus of the devs are clear:

- continual introduction of a new chapter every 6 months or so
- transitioning from Flash to HTML5
- bringing the mobile app's functionality up to that of the browser version
- adding new features and tweaking existing ones -> this is what the RR spell falls under. Clearly, things like crafting, roulette wheel for event prizes and even fine tuning FAs are higher on the priority list. Since they said they tried rolling out RR but it broke the game, we can infer that it WAS on top of the list but after it broke the game it was downgraded and I can see why - it simply is another use for blueprints, which in their current form are not really in need of tweaking. It was only an an additional function because people said they wanted a use that didn't involve spending diamonds (Magic ws/res).

Yes, the nerf of some event buildings was in preparation for the rolling out of the RR spell, and I think a fair criticism would be that they should have held off on that until they were sure the spell was ready to go, but that's done and there's no rolling back. To those still sitting on un-upgraded event buildings and a negative population waiting for the spell to go live, I'd say move on, it'll come when it does. You'd have shirked off that dependence on event buildings by now if you'd not sat on it. In any case, how many people are really sitting on a pile of blueprints with no other use except for when that patch comes around?

Me for one ....;):):cool:

hvariidh gwendrot

lol i think some missed the point here it's not that anyone is dependent on event buildings (i'm not, i just like my ferris wheel and techno tent) and they can SAY all they want, lots of people SAY things and nothing ever happens..when i say i'm going to do something i've usually already done it vs hey lets promise stuff we can't do...not sure who you guys are talking to but when i talked to support, they have no clue on this thing, they can describe what it would be but they have no idea how to integrate it or if it will ever happen, and had to pull teeth to get that answer and after watching q & a they were not going to talk about said item either until they were made to,i don't think a forced apology after the fact is sincere (that's a me thing) ...describing what is currently happening is not a negative, asking for a real answer isn't a negative..leaving your clients in limbo with a half lie and hoping no one asks is..on that note i hope they don't do like other games and start throwing a bunch of crap add ons to distract from that fact and glitch up the game, this happens to a lot of online games that wind up crashing vs a clean fix .. if the coders and such wish to prove me wrong as always i will come back in to forum and say oops sorry i was wrong...so far i haven't had to do that on any of my "hey what about this" topics lol :cool:
edit add:my burning man i really like the way that looks and will hang on to it as long as i can )

Last edited: