• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Saga of The Restoration Spell..

DeletedUser22918

I did not get the 10 RR event today. It is possible I got less than ten, but I have 6 currently in one city and 9 in the other. So it is not possible either got 10.

Frustrating. Not sure why they run events where people get inequitable amounts of stuff. Just creates frustration and confusion and a sense of unfairness. As someone who's dropped around $100 between my accounts, especially annoying to be skipped over.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
what's the best building to use the restoration spell on?
This is pretty situational, but I'd say whatever building is the most efficient and not too old. Even a really good building is probably not worth using RR on if it is 5 chapters behind.
I have a lot of event buildings, so I'm using mine to keep the very best ones relevant based on per square production:
For the pop&culture buildings it's pretty easy, I just take the upgrade change in pop and divide it by squares
E.G. upgrading my Yeti gives 400 more pop at a cost of 12 RR or about 33 pop per RR
but my ice hag gives 1100 more pop for 20 RR which is 55 pop per RR

That said, I think my best usage will probably be keeping my winter set current but I haven't done the numbers on that yet.

DeletedUser20951

what's the best building to use the restoration spell on?
I won't have many RRs to play around with and haven't found something to devote them to, except for my little black unicorn, which is a small investment and was only an Age behind. There's no harm in holding on to the spells until you have a better idea of what would work best in your case.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Thank you for the confirmation, your the first CM on 3 forums to provide feedback :). It wasn't clear if that free gift was just a promotion of the new item or the promised compensation.

I am sure plenty of players affected by the building changes will be unhappy though as:
  • As Ashrem pointed out the quantity given compared to buildings affected
  • The buildings affected hit every account, the 10 RR was given to every player (not account).

It is great to see that 10 RR was given instead of the promised 1, however I think most players expected this adjustment. At the time of the promised 1 the functionality of that 1 RR was intended to be quite different to what 1 RR does now. By making it 10 it made it equivalent too a blueprint (in terms of conversion ratio to RR). So it is pleasing to see that more than 1 RR was provided.

DeletedUser1016

I've used a lot of my RR spells on my Mana Huts, which I have 8 of them....Mana Huts are one of the most efficient mana buildings available. I use the GOK to check and see if I have any of the "relatively" high event building in each catagory [i.e. peeps, culture, mana, etc] and I upgrade those. I don't upgrade anything that I can craft or replace with something of higher value. Crafting rainbow cages and unicorns, lava codex and the frozen tree stump are all really high valued buildings, so I generally don't use my RR spells on anything with less value.

Pheryll

Set Designer
It would have been interesting if we were given one blueprint instead, letting us craft the conversion ourselves, if we so desired. A blueprint would have also been useful to accompany the free magic residence, unfortunately, due to the amount of time it took to implement, most people's free magic residence is several chapters behind where they are right now.

DeletedUser12171

most people's free magic residence is several chapters behind where they are right now.

This is irrelevant isn't it? Even if 1 blueprint had been given back then, the same magic residence would still be "several chapters behind where they are right now", unless they have only advanced one chapter since then

My take has always been that the "compensation" was meant to cushion the transition from pre-adjustment event building values, over to whatever people wanted to do next, because the drop in population could be a difficult situation to get out of. It seems some people are expecting more compensation (for what, really? What was taken away from you or what harm was done?) I wonder what would be the "adequate" then? Lol. I don't mind getting more, it's all free. But I ain't complaining either, have long moved on.