• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Saga of The Restoration Spell..

Pheryll

Set Designer
As for the level of silly in the nerf, one of the cities I abandoned was just entering the dwarf chapter and suddenly had negative 6,000 population, which they assured us needed to be done to implement Blueprints.

And the RRs were promised to upgrade those nerfed buildings. Instead, Inno later introduced far superior event buildings. With that addition the RRs can do far more than what they were originally promised to do, with fewer of them than the space equivalent of the magic buildings.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
And the RRs were promised to upgrade those nerfed buildings. Instead, Inno later introduced far superior event buildings. With that addition the RRs can do far more than what they were originally promised to do, with fewer of them than the space equivalent of the magic buildings.
There are always people who are inconvenienced by change. It's pointless expecting everyone to be happy with anything that is different from what they expected, and it's unreasonable to treat as "wrong," people who disagree with us about whether a subjective difference is good or bad.

Pheryll

Set Designer
It's pointless expecting everyone to be happy with anything that is different from what they expected, and it's unreasonable to treat as "wrong," people who disagree with us about whether a subjective difference is good or bad.

I have not labeled anyone as being wrong. I have disagreed and pointed out how a better deal than the original is actually being offered. Although I am a bit put off by the Beta forum having very scant mention of how the event buildings have improved, I in no way implied that they are just sandbagging the RR implementation to ensure live users never get to see any implementation of what the Elvenar team has been working on.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I just wish they would get around to releasing it. The way it is now seems much more fair to me. I’m really hoping for before the new chapter since I’ve already sold off a whole lot of culture trying to figure out how much I will have to level in my city

hvariidh gwendrot

hmm i think i was accurate in posting they made a problem for players who were already in the game and made a mess aka the nerf .. i came in to game at the change over and as a player unaffected they should release the "fix" of blueprints for magic buildings .. 1 in 10th chests leaving tournament format alone then RR spells for event buildings (i hope at a decent rate in chests if that's where they are going to be) then if they follow through and solve the blueprint problems created i have suggested a disenchant ratio for spells in crafting .. the problem isn't figuring out the ratio of exchange for the bp to rr it's the fact the coders didn't have the skills to do a proper job so i lay all blame on inno's inability to communicate properly and from what i can see poor code skills .. perfect example of bad code skills is making better set buildings and not fixing the original problem

Pheryll

Set Designer
the problem isn't figuring out the ratio of exchange for the bp to rr it's the fact the coders didn't have the skills to do a proper job so i lay all blame on inno's inability to communicate properly and from what i can see poor code skills .. perfect example of bad code skills is making better set buildings and not fixing the original problem

As I have demurred many times elsewhere, I highly suspect that the Elvenar team uses third parties for the major features of its coding.

DeletedUser1390

Man, I just recently realized that all of my Event Buildings not obtained in my current chapter - which by some time tomorrow will be all of them - have rollover text that tantalizingly says Upgrade Available. And yet there is still no way to access this hypothetically Available Upgrade. Just sayin'....:confused:

hvariidh gwendrot

delete the oopsie :cool: ok so there will be a crafting option of RR and a release of 5 with a blue print by getting 10 chests in tournament .. that seems reasonable .. let's hope conversion rates and function(s) will be decent

Last edited:

hvariidh gwendrot

ok so magic dust tournament is over and 5 spells with blue print (10 chests) .. excellent .. the culture and pop bldgs all have upgrade tabs and info current and for upgrade .. excellent .. i'm sure there will be some tweeks with crafting but this is nice .. magic bldgs are blue prints and Royal Restoration is culture/pop .. excellent

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I have feeling it's going to tend to favour intense players and drive away casual ones. Those of us who never get ten chests, but get enough points that we'd get ten if we were in a fellowship of equivalent players are going to feel pressured to look for ten-chest FSs, and make the non-10-chest groups even weaker.

DeletedUser1390

ok so magic dust tournament is over and 5 spells with blue print (10 chests) .. excellent .. the culture and pop bldgs all have upgrade tabs and info current and for upgrade .. excellent ..
Yes, definitely a big improvement over those tantalizing 'Upgrade Available' rollovers before there was actually an Upgrade tab!:p

As another point of information, I notice the new RR spells do not appear in Inventory. Will they eventually (like other spells), or will it be like Blueprints where you can only see your inventory total by clicking on an upgradable building?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I have feeling it's going to tend to favour intense players and drive away casual ones. Those of us who never get ten chests, but get enough points that we'd get ten if we were in a fellowship of equivalent players are going to feel pressured to look for ten-chest FSs, and make the non-10-chest groups even weaker.

I agree. Not getting even one til the 4th chest is going to break up a lot of more casual Fellowships as people who want these have to go looking for a Fellowship where the other players actually care about getting more than two or three chests a week. That or a lot of Archmages are going to be kicking a lot of under-performing players out of their current Fellowships.

I am happy enough with the one am in, but there are members with 300k+ score who barely put in any points weekly and I am already resenting them gaining the benefits of the work put in by the other members. This will just make it worse.

DeletedUser1390

Yeehah, just got my first Royal Restoration spell recipe!:D

So now that I've figured out where they are listed (thank you Enevhar Aldarion), my next question: There still seems to be nowhere I can see my inventory of Blueprints (since my one magic building is up to date), which I obviously need for these recipes. Is this forever to remain a mystery?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Yeehah, just got my first Royal Restoration spell recipe!:D

So now that I've figured out where they are listed (thank you Enevhar Aldarion), my next question: There still seems to be nowhere I can see my inventory of Blueprints (since my one magic building is up to date), which I obviously need for these recipes. Is this forever to remain a mystery?
Mostly.

If you have a magic residence or Workshop, you can selct it's "upgrade tab and hover over the blueprint below "requirements" to get a report of how many there are in your inventory. Otherwise no.

upload_2019-3-11_12-8-26.png