• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Saga of The Restoration Spell..

DeletedUser1390

Right - as I mentioned my only magic building is up to date, so there's no upgrade tab.
And of course you can always ask Support and they will tell you how many you have.
My point is that if the Blueprints are going to be part of an ongoing game function (crafting), this should change and your inventory should be visible. After all they put the RR spells among the Instants immediately with no problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Right - as I mentioned my only magic building is up to date, so there's no upgrade tab.
Maybe Workshops are different, but with residences, even if you need to do research, and can't upgrade it, the upgrade tab upgrade tab is still there, and blueprint view is still available. The people who can't see it are the people who don't have either. (maybe if you are at the end of the research tree the tab is gone?)

Seeing what it costs to make these in the Magic Academy I now have to decide whether I should replace my older Events buildings with newer ones that may pay less in culture and/or population or keep what I have and maybe get to upgrade 1 every month or 2 or more. Requiring 3 blueprints to make a few RR in the Academy is not an option in my FS. We completed 10 chests once in the last 6 months. I guess the price was set at such a high price because Inno needs more $$.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Seeing what it costs to make these in the Magic Academy I now have to decide whether I should replace my older Events buildings with newer ones that may pay less in culture and/or population or keep what I have and maybe get to upgrade 1 every month or 2 or more. Requiring 3 blueprints to make a few RR in the Academy is not an option in my FS. We completed 10 chests once in the last 6 months. I guess the price was set at such a high price because Inno needs more $$.

Same here. But I get the feeling they made it so expensive because of all the braggers and whiners talking about how they have sooooo many blueprints saved up and nothing to do with them.

Risen Malchiah

Requiring 3 blueprints to make a few RR in the Academy is not an option in my FS. We completed 10 chests once in the last 6 months. I guess the price was set at such a high price because Inno needs more $$.
There are 3 recipes, 1 BP for 10 RR, 2 for 20 and 3 for 30. I can see how frustrating it might be to see the 3 for 30 option appear if you only have 1, though others are equally frustrated by seeing none or 1 show up when they have a ton to spend.

Also, there are likely many players who have none at all (and have never even seen one) only to have these recipes clutter up their list. For all these reasons, I'd advocate moving blueprint to RR conversion (and possibly vice versa) into a dedicated tab in the builder's hut, completely removing all these frustration issues.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
There are 3 recipes, 1 BP for 10 RR, 2 for 20 and 3 for 30. I can see how frustrating it might be to see the 3 for 30 option appear if you only have 1, though others are equally frustrated by seeing none or 1 show up when they have a ton to spend.

3 for 30 is not a "few", as the previous poster called it, so I am not as annoyed as I was before. That is the 10 per blueprint that they were previously testing in Beta. The only reason people were getting upset by that number before was in the first test in Beta, they were converting all the blueprints at that amount and not leaving people any blueprints at all, meaning late chapter magic buildings would take more than 10 RR to upgrade, making it more expensive the the normal 1 blueprint. But since we can get both, with RRs only for event buildings and blueprints only for magic buildings, they just need to give more sources for the RRs for the majority of players who almost never get blueprints.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Why? I'm just seeing more of the entitlement mentality. Players who have blueprints, regardless of whether they have magic building, have worked for them over a long period of time. If others want to receive blueprints and/or RR spells then they need to either grow their FS to reach chests with the RR spell or find a FS that is working toward that goal. It seems ridiculous to me to have the expectation to receive for free what other players have worked for or even spent $ to build their city to the point they can pull their weight to get 10 chests per week. If someone is not willing to do that then it is by their choice that they do not receive RR spells in tournaments. I don't doubt that RR spells will also be a prize that can be received in future events or FA. If players are not willing to grow and do what is necessary to receive them in tournaments then they can work toward receiving them when they become available through other avenues.

StarLoad

I think there are two separate issues at work and mixing them is causing a problem. The RR spell is separate from the Blueprint, keep it that way.
You get the Blueprint buy completing 10 chests and that is the reward and it can be used to upgrade a MR or MW and it can be broken down into RR spells for use in other bldg upgrades. RR spells are available in other ways and most anyone will have the ability to get some.
That is all that is needed to know.

Edward

Edit for full disclosure, I have no blueprints, never had or seen one, but I do have a RR spell.

DeletedUser12171

free (or maybe I should say "non-magic res/ws" since that's really all that Blueprints are needed for) players like Soggy and some others have gotten many blueprints without spending cash so really, I don't think it's a matter of haves vs. have-nots

It is, however, a matter of how much do you want out of the game or how seriously you take it. If you're a casual player, you get casual results. If you are a go-getter, you get all the game has to offer. Good news is, it's not a binary option, but a spectrum exists between the two. You choose where you want to be, but know that and be happy with that.

As a footnote, I'd like to add that since last tourney, I already know of at least one player who decided to switch FS to a 10-chest FS for the RR . That puts to rest one of the points of contention some people made before - that offering RRs in lower chests would devalue 10-chest FSs. So the current implementation seems to be a good thing at least in this regard.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Highly invested, non-paying customers are probably outliers. Even as invested as Soggy is, if all the casual players gave up, it would be a quiet game. it isn't really an issue of how much you want out of the game. it whether the game is worth playing for enough people to give it critical mass.

DeletedUser12171

when it comes to things like these, there's a difference between "I can't" and "I won't"

"I can't do more because that's as much time as I can commit" - okay, you've got your priorities and I guess then you would either be satisfied with where you are in this game, or move on to a game where you'd get more for the same amount of commitment

"I won't do more because I think it'll take too much of me to do it" - there are ways to improve your results for just the same amount of time or perhaps just a little more. A lot of people won't do more than a couple hundred points in the tourney, and asking for more is like taking an arm, leg and kidney. Some simply dislike "losing" resources - a psychological thing. Now if these people can be shown the way and persuaded, they can get a lot more out of the game for just a little more effort.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
when it comes to things like these, there's a difference between "I can't" and "I won't"

"I can't do more because that's as much time as I can commit" - okay, you've got your priorities and I guess then you would either be satisfied with where you are in this game, or move on to a game where you'd get more for the same amount of commitment

"I won't do more because I think it'll take too much of me to do it" - there are ways to improve your results for just the same amount of time or perhaps just a little more. A lot of people won't do more than a couple hundred points in the tourney, and asking for more is like taking an arm, leg and kidney. Some simply dislike "losing" resources - a psychological thing. Now if these people can be shown the way and persuaded, they can get a lot more out of the game for just a little more effort.
There are a pretty finite number of players, despite the appearances of the map, especially players who can devote several hours a day to the game. The top 2500 or so people on every server have already found each other, and those are relatively stable groupings, many of whom constantly hit 8-10 chests and hit the top charts in the fellowship adventures. There really isn't that much room for improvement for people who can't devote 8-10 hours a day to the game. It's easy enough to say that they could improve their results, but improving one person's results is rarely the issue. Getting a fellowship from four chests to even an occasional ten is a herculean task. It's improving the results of 20 to 25 people. Or finding a group that wants to get ten chests every week, but doesn't also expect you to visit every member 4 or 5 or 6 times a week. I left a top 20 fellowship with whom I enjoyed playing and got along because it was driving me bonkers to visit everyone every day. Sure, the app has improved that since then, but it's still mind numbing to visit 24 people 7 times a week (assuming you don't feel obliged to also vist the neighbors who visit you. I just can't stomach it, and I doubt I'm the only one. And I have a fast tablet. Some people simply can't use the mobile version, which can make those 24 visits a day feel like you're in prison.

It's fine to personally reject players like me for not being dedicated enough to the game, but that doesn't mean we don't have opinions, nor that we don't have the right to share them. Saying that we should "either be satisfied with where you are in this game, or move on" is pretty smug and intolerant. I like this game. I'd like it to be even better. Don;t tell me I don't have a right to argue for things that would improve it for me.

Risen Malchiah

Getting a fellowship from four chests to even an occasional ten is a herculean task. It's improving the results of 20 to 25 people.
Yes! This is why achieving 10 chests is a special thing. I get that people feel denied something that seems out of reach but it *is* within reach. The individual effort is actually quite easy. The hard part is convincing *others* to do the same. And some people simply can't or won't be convinced, forcing the more competitive player to either work extra hard, settle for less, or seek greener pastures.

I left a top 20 fellowship with whom I enjoyed playing and got along because it was driving me bonkers to visit everyone every day. Sure, the app has improved that since then, but it's still mind numbing to visit 24 people 7 times a week (assuming you don't feel obliged to also vist the neighbors who visit you. I just can't stomach it, and I doubt I'm the only one.
After visiting every day for two years in multiple cities, I've had enough. Now I do all my visits on the app, which takes a fraction of the time. I don't even bother visiting individual cities to collect reward chests any more. I just can't be bothered with that (unless I'm already there to hit your AW or collecting spells/relics for quests).

In my mind, if a player does the tourney every week, I couldn't care less if they never visit me at all. :)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
For the record, yes I consider myself a "dedicated" player, but I most certainly do not spend 6-7 hours a day on this game.
I set my buildings and do my visits while waiting for the elevator.
I reset my buildings and do the tournament while watching tv for about 5 or 10 minutes.(2 days a week it's 10 because I do more tournament)
Normally that's it-under 1.5h a week.
During the first week of an event, double that.

DeletedUser12171

Lol @Ashrem you sure are touchy.

No one is saying anyone's feedback is invalid. You said you'd like to see more low-hanging fruit. I said I feel that the fruit is low enough. How about you tolerate my feedback for a change?

There are games and then there are games. I came from a backdrop of competitive MMORPG gaming, where the commitment and demands even at entry level makes Elvenar seem like a wade in the kiddy pool. I stopped playing my last MMO and deliberately migrated to a browser game like this because I wanted a change of pace in my gaming commitment. I made a decision to leave that game instead of whinging about the difficulty of keeping up with those who spent more time and money because I knew that's what THAT game was about.

One has to make choices in life that aligns with their priorities and goals, it's a fact. What is so smug and intolerant about that? Are you living on Earth or in your own Utopia? I'm assuming you are a down-to-earth person so what's the huffing and puffing about what I'm saying? Lol

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I have never, in my life, asked for more low-hanging fruit in a game. I am the first person to say that ideas which are solely about making the game easier are not making the game better. I am always on the side of balance. Thing should be neither so easy that they cease to be interesting, nor so hard that they cease to be interesting. At issue is that you don't see an imbalance, therefore you think I'm asking for it to be easier. That implies that you haven;t actually paid any attention to anything I've said in this thread.

You haven't seen me touchy in the last year, if ever. The fact that I call out people who disguise "Take it or leave it" as a logical argument is nothing to do with touchiness. Telling people that they shouldn't disagree with you because that's the way it is and you like it is pretty much a solid definition of smug and intolerant.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
For the record, yes I consider myself a "dedicated" player, but I most certainly do not spend 6-7 hours a day on this game..
I may have lacked clarity. In your case, by invested I'm much more concerned with thought, planning, and effort, than with the number of hours put into staring at the screen. I've watched you redesign another player's city, who was not in your fellowship, just because you were trying to be helpful. you'll have a hard time convincing me you aren't invested :p

DeletedUser12171

Seeing as RR was from the start meant to be an alternative use for Blueprints, I'd say the ease of obtaining it has been decreased and accessibility has in fact widened by making some RR available without having to hit 10 chests

I am in a 10 chest FS. I save my Blueprints for upgrading magic buildings, of which I have about 20. I got 5 RR last tourney and I need something in the order of hundreds to upgrade all the event buildings I want. If I wanted self-benefit I would simply agree with you @Ashrem and say that more RR should be added because I'd be guaranteed of getting them. This will be so for anyone in a 10 chest FS and it'll indeed become a haves vs. have-nots situation. More people will be jealous or disappointed when they see how far ahead others are and feel that they can not achieve it (which is untrue)

You can see this in whatever angle you wish, call me whatever you like, it doesn't matter lol. If it adds a motivation to be more involved in the game, I'm for it. That's why I am not for adding more RR in lower chests. Hitting 1,000 or even 1,600 is not exceedingly hard for anyone past chapter 4 or 5 but many won't even try and turn their noses at the mention of tourney. You don't even have to be in some elite club to achieve it. Following some of the very-doable guides like Mykan's here or on GamersGems will put your game in a place to be able to achieve that. But yeah this game is sort of a sandbox so anyone can go ahead and do as they wish, bypassing the collective wisdom of players past and present