• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Season of Joy

MagicPagan

I'm sure it's been discussed somewhere, but I can't find it. What does a season pass get me, and is it only good for the city in which I buy it?

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I'm sure it's been discussed somewhere, but I can't find it. What does a season pass get me, and is it only good for the city in which I buy it?

You get the prizes with the gold symbol above them. Otherwise, you cannot collect those. Now they have an option to just do that and a second option to get those prizes when you get to them plus extra petals to move it along sooner.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
What I like about it is that most of the quests are filled just in the course of my daily work, without even giving it much thought. Same with the weekly quests. And I love that you can roll the dice and replace up to 2 of the weekly ones. I hate the 75 simple tools because it's time consuming. On the other hand, the 100 beverages isn't so bad because with my 10 lvl 1 workshops I can knock it out in 20 minutes or so.

So, overall, it's a positive for me.

As to the pass. I tried it and found that what it gave were a lot of buildings I couldn't use. I appears to me the buildings are pretty much the weak cousins of the event buildings and since I play the events I don't think I'll use the ones I get from the pass....and that makes it not worth the diamonds for me. There may be something I missed in this and thus, I'm open to being corrected.

Finally, I'm not sure if the pass is good in all cities since I only have one. But I doubt it. That would be contrary to how other diamond purchases in events work and I doubt Inno would do that.

AJ

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
Elvenar_2023-04-27-08-15-02.jpg

@Deborah M beat me to the answer. Here is a picture with a few season pass rewards circled. You only get those rewards if you buy the season pass.

hoopity

Sorry to be a Negative Nelly (Hopeless Hoopity?), but this does looks worse across the board:
  1. Season Pass requires a cash purchase this time around, limiting it from people already sitting on diamonds.
  2. The daily prize chest seems worse -- smaller values and the coin/supply instants were replaced with regular coin/supply rewards, which are less flexible/usable.
  3. The rewards track seems marginally worse than last time. The Level 50 Pond of Spring is a little more efficient than a Festival Merchant, but it's a dinky 2x2 so who cares? Worse than the Sominal Pool, for sure. The Level 38 Glacier Garden is this season's version of the Spirit Wolf Pack, but is worse on pop/square.
Grumble grumble grumble.

Edit -- still worth picking up the prizes, though, especially if you don't have to go far out of your way to complete it. I definitely won't stretch myself to hit all of the dailies this time around.

Last edited:

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
The daily prize chest seems worse -- smaller values and the coin/supply instants were replaced with regular coin/supply rewards, which are less flexible/usable.

The daily chest was so worthwhile last season that I was considering upgrading my barracks in my catering cities in order to get the daily prize on days when the daily is a "make troops quest".

I am no longer considering that.

Sprite1313

Sorry to be a Negative Nelly (Hopeless Hoopity?), but this does looks worse across the board:
  1. Season Pass requires a cash purchase this time around, limiting it from people already sitting on diamonds.
  2. The daily prize chest seems worse -- smaller values and the coin/supply instants were replaced with regular coin/supply rewards, which are less flexible/usable.
  3. The rewards track seems marginally worse than last time. The Level 50 Pond of Spring is a little more efficient than a Festival Merchant, but it's a dinky 2x2 so who cares? Worse than the Sominal Pool, for sure. The Level 38 Glacier Garden is this season's version of the Spirit Wolf Pack, but is worse on pop/square.
Grumble grumble grumble.

Edit -- still worth picking up the prizes, though, especially if you don't have to go far out of your way to complete it. I definitely won't stretch myself to hit all of the dailies this time around.
I am actually looking forward to the Pond of Spring. I’m not comparing it to the Festival Merchant, but to the Pond of Autumn and Black Lotus. I have several of those tucked in small spaces in my city, so this will allow me to replace the much-less-efficient Black Lotus. Is it the best building ever? No. Is it a decent reward for basically playing the game with very little extra work? I think so. YMMV.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Grumble grumble grumble.
But the Seasons replace repeating quests where we would have had 0 shot at winning any buildings of any kind. I'm with @Alram that I'll prob be paying little attention to it since I don't see anything that impressive in there, but I'll admit it's still better than like 10k of coins and 5k hammers if this were a repeating quest.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
Grumble grumble grumble.

I am not happy with number one you listed either! I used diamonds to get it last time and now cannot. I loved the last season. But looks like I will still get a lot of cool stuff this time just not as much now.

quin629

Inno is always looking for ways to pry diamonds out of our sticky fingers (so that then we will buy more).

Not giving an option for a diamond purchase for the new Season Pass cuts completely against that strategy. I enjoyed the first Seasons event and was strongly considering spending some of those precious diamonds to get a Season Pass for this one. But nooooo. OK, fine; I'll keep my diamonds in my pocket. Not making a cash purchase.