• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Shivering Tale of Dr. Freakenspleen Feedback

DeletedUser2959

Well, the idea is for you to tear down some older building to put the new one in. One big mistake I made when I was new was keeping older buildings that were not up to my current level standards (this was years before RR spells let you upgrade event bldgs). Now I have no problem getting rid of stuff that doesn't give me enough rewards for the space it uses.

On the other hand, I will agree it'd be good to have some (rare) chances to win a premium expansion.

DeletedUser23049

Now this is a VERY EASY event. as bad as i hate to say it team ELVA did a good job,so if your crying about this,you might need to find a new game to play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE;Just finished DR,Freakenspleen an worked 4 12 hour days when the EVENT started>........................

Last edited:

Vergazi

Speaking as a player who is deeply mired in Orcs and Goblins during this event. It's simply horrible. Compared to the Mermaid Event it is a complete difference between night and day. I seriously doubt that I will even get the building in even one of my Orc cities. I have had to spend 24 hours, alone, just to do the quest to get 20,000 Steel as I have run out of enchants for my manus and time boosters completely. The event prior to this one pretty much left me with almost no or no instants to speak of. It's very discouraging.

DeletedUser23049

Speaking as a player who is deeply mired in Orcs and Goblins during this event. It's simply horrible. Compared to the Mermaid Event it is a complete difference between night and day. I seriously doubt that I will even get the building in even one of my Orc cities. I have had to spend 24 hours, alone, just to do the quest to get 20,000 Steel as I have run out of enchants for my manus and time boosters completely. The event prior to this one pretty much left me with almost no or no instants to speak of. It's very discouraging.
I understand things like that all tho i;m right in the middle of Woodelves.

DeletedUser19723

I stopped last night at Quest 21. I could have finished the event. I have sufficient instants, supplies, buildings, etc.; but I decided that I'd had enough of solving encounters and gaining relics. I get that those are things we need to do in everyday play, but that is not time-driven and it's in the amounts we decide on. I've played exactly one year. I've done all the events up to now. I'm sad to say that I currently have event burnout.:( Since events are not required, they are a choice, I'm just choosing to take a breather from them to build my city. I'm in Sorcerers and Dragons and am really enjoying it. For those who are enjoying the event, have fun. I wish you success.

DeletedUser3468

I'm finding myself running into the same problems with this event as with the last in my tiny towns. Too many goods needed for a "fair" amount to finish in a day since I still don't have MM spells available, too many relics quests (even with my rushing to open as many silk provinces as possible so I could use tourney for some this week - it's my boost so not a wasted effort) but even with all that, I still only have 4 silk provinces open. Can't get many relics from that so I'm having to spend far too many goods negotiating to get the remainder that I need. (Which in turn means that I'm overexploring as well.) I really hope that with further events Innot gets away from the constant encounters/relics/goods quests. (Can't even do the Spire yet so couldn't take advantage of the quest that allows that in my tiny towns) I would much rather they come up with some alternate quests like "visit x number of neighbors" "use x number of magic spells" (instead of just produce them!) or even some for leveling up buildings, but not to some arbitrary number, rather something like "upgrade 3 current buildings one level" so that anyone, no matter what level would have a chance to finish it. Yeah, I know, sometimes there simply aren't any buildings to upgrade but they could add an "or do..." to it. Anything would be better than the constant repetitions of relics, encounters, & (not so) fair number of goods quests.

DeletedUser3622

Enjoyed the event until the time came to train almost 9000 troops to progress. Another inevitable stall and another unfinished event.

Still sad to see Inno refuses to make things balanced for all the players who don't do the combat side of the game. Keep thinking they'll learn... keep being disappointed.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I thought it was ok
I pretty much used up all those piddling time boost they gave, to speed up later tasks.
but it wasn't very grueling.
i just hope they give us a break before starting another
just one or two weeks with nothing but regular gameplay would be nice
make it three weeks and i'll be begging for a major event to break the boredom

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I thought it was ok
I pretty much used up all those piddling time boost they gave, to speed up later tasks.
but it wasn't very grueling.
i just hope they give us a break before starting another
just one or two weeks with nothing but regular gameplay would be nice
make it three weeks and i'll be begging for a major event to break the boredom

Going by start dates from previous years, the big winter event should start around December 3-5.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Just a little worried about the six enchanment quest
You'll have a full day of tournament before the event runs out. If you can do 12 provinces for one round, that's six enchantments. If you can do seven, that's three, and you just need three from your academy or help chests. Even if you can only do four tournament provinces, that gets you two.

Risen Malchiah

I noticed something about how this mini-event ends that may confuse mobile-only players.

In the browser, after completing the final quest, the 2nd quest giver immediately shows the green check and indicates I should open it to collect the building. All very intuitive.

For mobile however, once the final quest is completed, nothing happens. Nothing lights up to indicate something should be clicked. I knew there's a building to collect, but I only found it after clicking on the event timer. Newer mobile-only players may not know to do this. They may get to the end of an event like this and never end up collecting the building. Perhaps the "final" quest that awards the building should also appear in the quests section so mobile players can immediately see there is something to collect.

Last edited:

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I've been tiptoeing around my villa waiting on getting the rest of my troops trained(almost done). I can't cash anything in just yet till its time. I should have all the quests covered in time. Just a little worried about the six enchanment quest. But I can't give up now!!

What Ash said.
But also.
Do you know about the Academy back door?
If you click the inventory button at the bottom of your screen.
You can then click disenchantment
Then crafting
That way you go to the crafter without clicking on the Academy and taking whatever enchantments you have completed
While at crafing you can also go to production to start more spells cooking
I've gotten in the habit of doing that even when no event is on
I am constantly cooking catalysts, often there are 8 or 10 sitting waiting to be collected

Vergazi

I had been convinced that it was hopeless for my 6 Orc cities, but I have managed to keep on it hard and got 4 of 6 cities with the Dr. Freakenspleen building prize now. Of course, I drained virtually all or all of my instants in my poor cities to accomplish this and spent much time planning and plotting sequence of actions to bring about this result. Also, the SPire o' Evil was instrumental in some cases to getting extra resources to complete the questline. Overall...Grrrrrr!
Vergazi is an angry bear today, but a little more relieved. Now if I could just find enough 4x4s to plop them down! XD

DeletedUser24133

What Ash said.
But also.
Do you know about the Academy back door?
If you click the inventory button at the bottom of your screen.
You can then click disenchantment
Then crafting
That way you go to the crafter without clicking on the Academy and taking whatever enchantments you have completed
While at crafing you can also go to production to start more spells cooking
I've gotten in the habit of doing that even when no event is on
I am constantly cooking catalysts, often there are 8 or 10 sitting waiting to be collected
Thanks i will check that out

DeletedUser24133

I had been convinced that it was hopeless for my 6 Orc cities, but I have managed to keep on it hard and got 4 of 6 cities with the Dr. Freakenspleen building prize now. Of course, I drained virtually all or all of my instants in my poor cities to accomplish this and spent much time planning and plotting sequence of actions to bring about this result. Also, the SPire o' Evil was instrumental in some cases to getting extra resources to complete the questline. Overall...Grrrrrr!
Vergazi is an angry bear today, but a little more relieved. Now if I could just find enough 4x4s to plop them down! XD
It has taken a lot of plotting this out. But I'm determined to get this one LOL. Almost there. Woohoo