• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Shivering Tale of Dr. Freakenspleen Feedback

Vergazi

It has taken a lot of plotting this out. But I'm determined to get this one LOL. Almost there. Woohoo
Yep. Don't give up @Mamabarb02 ! I'm only halfway thru the quests on my baby city on Harandar, but I refuse to give up! ( I am a fool. ) With any luck I will at least get my city advanced with the resources from the event. Mainly that's all I was counting on anyhoo, Lol.

FemmeDraven

Sadly, I've decided to quit working on this event. I'm in 5 worlds and just about halfway through fairies in all of them. My goods took a giant hit during the last event and now all the relic quests are eating up more. Then I have to wait for my trades to be accepted so I lose precious time. I'm in FS in 2 of the worlds and my trades don't move any faster in those worlds than they do in the ones where I play solo and have to rely on neighbors. It would be nice if they had events with a little more "produce x amount" of T1 or supplies, coins, etc. and less where scouting & fighting/negotiating are needed. Bluh.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
There is not enough time to get 32 things done in time allotted. It takes FOREVER because each quest needs so much of everything. Not fair. Never can complete anything. So boring if do not have a chance at the get go.......

I finished this one without any special effort, just playing my normal game. The only instants I used were for the Goods quests.
I found it easy and relaxing - but I do agree that small cities are going to struggle.

DeletedUser3468

Still difficult going in my tiny towns but my larger cities are doing fine. I'm down to the last few quests there and in several of my larger cities have the toolboxes already cooking, (cooking?:confused::rolleyes:) have a bunch of easy spells (PoP which I'm running low on anyway) working (plus can do lots of provinces to get the rest of 6) and even have cities where I have a research that I've got ready to finish but have been holding off on completing for the last quest. That means that I should get the event building in all my cities except the tiny towns where I could actually use it most. *sigh*:oops:

OK, I think I've killed enough time to collect from my workshops and start my 3 toolboxes there now. ;):D:p

DeletedUser15476

Gaining enchantments STINK! I have made several this afternoon using up other inventory and they are not showing up in the event quest. As I said, stinks.

Addendum... You'd guess after all this time I'd know what enchantments are. I've been making the wrong items!!!

Live and learn, again and again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vergazi

I just got the Dr. Frankenspleen in my 6th Orc city with a day to spare. It's tempting to agree with some that there was ample time and the quests weren't that tough, but I used up virtually all of my small hoards of instants and boosters. :( In the final analysis, I guess it's a check mark in the "win" column, but it came at a price I'm not convinced was worth the benefit. This was definitely not a good event for small cities imo...not by a long shot.

Vergazi

:eek: Do you love orcs chapter so much that you just stop there, rinse & repeat? Or do you hit a brickwall and start a new city? I can't imagine playing 6 cities let alone 6 cities in Orcs.
Well, I started the 6 cities within a month timespan iirc. Then they have more or less stayed in the same chapter for most of the time. Some are human the others elf and I enjoy tinkering around with different ratios of manus and wonders and seeing what effects they all have on the overall production of the city and whatnot. Yup, that's the serious answer I guess. But, yeah, 6 Orc cities is feeling like kind of a brick wall, but the good news is my oldest city that is on this name is on the verge of escaping the orcs and joining the woodelves within a week. All of the others should follow it within a month or less with luck. It's been very interesting seeing how Orcs is after having heard so much about it for months now.

The horror...

DeletedUser3468

One good thing they did since making the tasks "level appropriate" is not requiring too many 24 or 48hr tasks. I would not be thrilled having to do 12 toolboxes.

I'm in total agreement with that! I'm certain that the addition of the Elementals chapter and later with the need for sentient goods is the main reason for fewer of the 24 and (especially) 48 hour quests. Those at the level of Elementals and later, as you know, can't do T1 factory quests of over 9 hours so we are no longer seeing those quests. I am pleased they stuck with just 3 toolboxes but rather wish they'd used the same restraint with the magic items... 6 is a bit much for tiny towns where we don't have enough provinces open to gain a lot of them from tourney.

Yet with all my complaints about how difficult this event was for tiny towns in chapters 1 & 2 (and the beginning of 3), once i got past the "gain x amount of goods" quests, remembered that I'd won a bunch of coin and supply instants for the "gain large amounts of coins/supplies" quests and got very lucky with my neighborly visits quests for the 6 magic items, I actually finished the event first in one of my 2 tiny towns! Yup, while all my big cities were still working on the last few quests, I already had Dr. Frankenspleen's castle built in one of my tiny towns. At least the province expansion I got from all those relics and encounters quests came in handy!

DeletedUser22699

This event was ridiculous and completely useless. Definitely not worth the grind, and these events are getting way too hard to be worth my time. In my higher level fellowship, no one even cared, and my lower level fellowship didn't even come close to finishing it. I was the closest to finishing, until i hit a brick wall on quest #30. Would love to know the percentage of players that actually finished this excruciating grind.