• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Sorcerers' Pilgrimage discussion and feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightguest

Ex-Team Member
The next event for Elvenar has been announced - the Sorcerer's Pilgrimage is here!

The event will start on the 27th of July and end on the 16th of August.
Please use this thread to discuss the event!

You can learn more about the event here.

DeepTerminal

no good buildings from this event. all new buildings are extremely subpar compared to the last few events. the only semi-decent one is copper dragon, which is roughly the same but slightly lower than mother dragon.

troop instants as daily exclusives are also reduced from 25 squads to 10 squads.
there are also 2 days when 25% coin rain and supplies instants are the daily prizes.

just pathetic.

grand prize is somewhat decent for humans as it produces priests, but pretty useless for elves. mana production is decent but not great.

the chance for daily exclusives in most of the "chests" is also greatly nerfed.

Deleted User - 4565442

We reported that normal magic units are useless for elves but nothing was done so human players have advantage over elves.
Should be banshee or blooming mage (same unit for both races)

Wishing wells basically won't return cause they answered djinns replaced them in game

Iyapo1

Wow, nothing positive?

I am a new player. I played years ago but things changed, a lot!

Does anyone do an event guide?

Last edited:

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
The new event starts on Monday!
It is nice and easy!!

Read all about it here:
https://tinyurl.com/ydxprmlk
You are welcome to share our note with friends and fellowship.

109792832_10217250268269381_5297459102364720144_n.jpg

This file was created for the free-to join Facebook group Elvenar Platinum Leaf -
a large group of Elvenar lovers with lots of files and videos
and all the latest news and discussion.
You are welcome to share the link with friends and fellowship -
and we would love to have them in the group too!​

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I really was hoping for 1 more week before it launched. I am in the last stages of Fairies in my Khel city. With 1 more week I would be into Orcs and would get a better version of the evolving building. And really don't even need the full week. I just need about 2 extra days...

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I really was hoping for 1 more week before it launched. I am in the last stages of Fairies in my Khel city. With 1 more week I would be into Orcs and would get a better version of the evolving building. And really don't even need the full week. I just need about 2 extra days...

Then don't click the button on the prize gauge to claim the base until after you complete the Advanced Scouts research and you will be fine. The chapter of a building is set when you actually claim it, not when you are eligible to claim it.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@Enevhar Aldarion I thought the evolving buildings were given out automatically once you completed a few quests. But I will certainly try to do what you said! Thanks!

Nope, this will be like the last two events and have that little prize bar where you collect certain prizes after completing a specific amount of the quests. The base for the building will be there again, like in May, so you do not have to collect it right away.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
As for the event itself, it is fairly easy and enjoyable, and though on Beta I had pretty bad luck getting daily prizes, with 5 days to go still on Beta, I just got the 9th artifact last night. Now I am trying for a 2nd base because I changed chapters in the middle of the event and would like the slightly better version for my little city there.

I like the new layout for how they did the standard three chest system, but be warned that they made one thing a bit more vague. This can confuse you if you are not paying attention and counting. It is still 20 points per grand prize, but it does not tell you how close you are to 20. There is just a bar that fills up, but with no numbers. Also, the chests, which are called beacons for this event do not say how many points they give, but they are worth 1, 2, or 3 points. There are none worth 4 or 5 points this time. One other thing, you cannot go over 20 points when you collect a beacon. So if you are 19 of 20 points for a grand prize, you will only be offered three of the beacons that give you 1 point when you collect them. I think this will help a lot in the rare times when you are on the final day of the event and need only 1 point to get one last grand prize. In the old system, you could get stuck with the three highest cost chests and no way to open them. With this new system, you would be guaranteed in this situation to get only choices worth that 1 point you need. This may seem rare, but it has happened to me in the past and I have seen the complaints both here and on Facebook from others coming up just short.

Pheryll

Set Designer
One other thing, you cannot go over 20 points when you collect a beacon. So if you are 19 of 20 points for a grand prize, you will only be offered three of the beacons that give you 1 point when you collect them. I think this will help a lot in the rare times when you are on the final day of the event and need only 1 point to get one last grand prize. In the old system, you could get stuck with the three highest cost chests and no way to open them. With this new system, you would be guaranteed in this situation to get only choices worth that 1 point you need. This may seem rare, but it has happened to me in the past and I have seen the complaints both here and on Facebook from others coming up just short.

If your strategy values the high cost chests over the lower cost, then this feature of not going over 20 will do more harm than good. If you choose a strategy that does better with lower cost chests, then there is nothing to lose by this feature, as it helps you pursue your strategy. The final chest is insignificant compared to all the opportunities lost and gained on the way to get there.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
If your strategy values the high cost chests over the lower cost, then this feature of not going over 20 will do more harm than good. If you choose a strategy that does better with lower cost chests, then there is nothing to lose by this feature, as it helps you pursue your strategy. The final chest is insignificant compared to all the opportunities lost and gained on the way to get there.

Then people that do that are sort of screwed in this event because I do not think either of the two high-cost chests are worth it, or at least they were not worth it to my early chapter city.

Iyapo1

The 92 cost chest is best for selecting to optimize daily prizes. Both of the high value chests are terrible for grand prize progress.
So, what is the best strategy for grand prize progression?

Assuming I already took a look at the quest list and am taking time saving steps now. Asking how chest selection impacts grand prize progression(or is this pretty clear in the event?)?

Pheryll

Set Designer
Or you can jump right in here:
  • Manual Event Chest Strategy calculator
    • Here you define your own Elvenar event chest-opening strategy manually (i.e. you specify priorities for chests), and this calculator can tell you what are the expected outcomes of this strategy for all the rewards.
  • Optimal Event Chest Strategy calculator
    • But why would you want to figure out a strategy by yourself? Ultimately, you just want to focus on particular rewards, and this calculator can figure out an appropriate Elvenar event chest-opening strategy specific for the rewards you are targeting. And yes, you can target more than one reward!

MinMax's calculations are the go to for events. You can go back to this thread as he updates it whenever the chest pricing/contents change.

Status
Not open for further replies.