• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Sorcerers' Pilgrimage discussion and feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
At the 48 hour mark: 59 collects for 74 truffles (not quite 30 pickups day yielding 37 truffles per day. Forty per day is a bit higher, but is not outrageous in comparison.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Yeah, it looks like they must have boosted the drop rate for this event compared to all the previous ones, maybe because there are none in the VV chest?

GlamDoll

@InnoGames Dear Inno, I just spent a few coins for the 40% offer & Event currency (USD $@200.00!!!) I have just looked at what I can get in the next 6 days...

Point 1: I can think of about 100 hundred things J U S T off the top of my head, to spend $200.00 USD on!!!F A Rmore, if you wish to test me!!!

Point 2: I settled for 40% Diamonds, because I was S T U P I D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Point 3: I WILL not do it again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS. Please get your act together, or I will find something else to spend my entertainment budget on!

To A L L!!!

IDGAF if you believe me, grief me, flame me, roast me, etc, or not!!!

I call BS!!!

GlamDoll

PSS It's BS!!! Like 2020!!!

Rocce Sqirl

The timeframe for the current Sorcerer’s Pilgrimage event doesn’t work out.
It is now 4 pm CDT on Wednesday. The clock on the event says there’s “4d, 2h” left. In four days, 2 hours, it will be 6 pm CDT on Sunday.
The Episodic Event Quest is padlocked and says “The next quest of this line will be unlocked” in 3 hours. Or 7 pm Wednesday.
That will unlock Quest #86. (Produce a good amount of T1 goods).
At 7 pm Thursday we get Quest #87 (Recruit a big amount of units).
At 7 pm Friday we get Quest #88 (Gain a big amount of coins).
At 7 pm Saturday we get Quest #89 (Produce fresh supplies)
At 7 pm Sunday we get Quest #90 (Gain 20 Relics). BUT WAIT! The event ENDS at 6 pm Sunday!
So how the hell are we supposed to do Quest #90???

Rocce Sqirl

There is no quest 90. A quest was dropped on Beta, and the announcement on live did not include that the event would have one fewer quest. If you look at the last milestone, it is unlocked with 89 quests, instead of 90; so the 20 relics quest is the last.
Thank you, Pheryll. :) I've also heard the alleged #88 (gain coins) is the one not happening.

BrinDarby

Drops certainly seem to be more than 1/hr, and the same held true in AirTraders....
as for chests, anyone completeing all the quests and only opening 18, 40, 45 chests
you should make enuff even with <10 drops a day, to get all 9 evolves...

Rather than someone publishing a list of tasks, it should work more like the Peleton
in the Tour de France.... where the leader is always using the most energy, and the
Peleton isn't... thats why teams will rotate who's leading, to even out energy usage
to the team , rather than 1 person...
Likewise a FS should be using the furthest person to record tasks, then rotating
the leader when 1 person catches and then pass's the leader by stacking tasks to
complete all @ once.....

I didn't notice a xtra Golum earlier, but the next GP after evolve 9 is another Golum.
I won't have enuff points to hit this, not worried tho cause it would take another
9 evolve cards to make it truly usefull.....
BrinD

BrinDarby

@Sandstorm ,
I don't believe I did .... quote plz , Yes I did prolly say a FS has the adv over a single player.
I did say just getting a list was cheating, and that after being stubborn, well... when in Rome...
There is no way to prevent a fast player from telling a slow player whats comming up...
I'll go back and look tho, but you couldda just provided that quote too .... heh heh...;)

Sandstorm173

You see again this is where an alliance gets to cheat everyone else....
The person who gets to a task 1st, posts that in the FS page or chat....
Then every other member of that FS, has a list, of EVERY task in order
to navigate them once they get to them.
@BrinDarby that's the quote. You said they would get to cheat everyone.
Likewise a FS should be using the furthest person to record tasks, then rotating
the leader when 1 person catches and then pass's the leader by stacking tasks to
complete all @ once.....
Now you are saying that no one should use the lists that all ready exist, and that people not in fellowships won't be able to plan ahead.

BrinDarby

OK, I found the post......
a) you were the very next poster and told me the list was publically available on elvengems.
b) yes I considered it a cheat in comparison .. before .. I knew that there "was" a public list.... and
I'm sure I ammended that to reflect your post, but I only went as far as finding the post you referenced
and seeing you were the next poster... I didn't re-read every post after that.....
c) so yes its an adv. for the FS vs single player, if tasks were random or non puiblished.

I still believe publishing a list makes the event pointless and alot less fun, I understand a subsequent
post where it was brought up prior events had random tasks, that would end up repeating so they
went to a hard coded version....

There are easy ways for programmers to go further than just a simple.... pick a random task, in order
to both eliminate the possibility of repeating tasks and to remain somewhat random.... Its really not
that hard to accomplish that easily.

Since then during the Moonstone Library discussion, I also noticed ElvenGems had a section for
shall we say "creative" ways to arrange those set pieces, in non traditional fashions ......:eek: ... :rolleyes:
They also have comprehensive guides for each tournament type.... It feels alot like going out
and buying the glossy ultimate cheat guide for your favorite console game......

Having those guides, or even the battle sim @ architect is kinda overkill..... I mean really, when
Resident Evil came out, it was revolutionary for its time, yet there were cheat guides, but the
fun of that game was far more enjoyable when you had to figure out the puzzles yourself.
Even Abe's Oddesy, I can remember die'n hundreds of times in a few places, that just made
me that more determined to figure out a specific puzzle..... While I did use a guide for Tekken,
it was only for the superdooper insane chain combos, and even then you could do much better
getting good @ regular moves plus a few good 3-6 button combos, that a cheat guide isnt need'd
anymore......

Now you are saying that no one should use the lists that all ready exist, and that people not in fellowships won't be able to plan ahead.

Incorrect,
There is no way to prevent a FS from having the adv over single players... its still an advantage.
I do believe no list should be available, and yes single players won't be able to plan ahead....
As a coder, I believe it should be coded into the RND calc, to prevent repeat tasks, yet remain random
and still increasing in difficulty as they progress....

This way, the most ElvenGems could say is..... here's 90 possible tasks, yet the exact task and exact order
will be TBD (to be determined) in the event itself.....

Lets face it Sandstorm, the AI for battle is pretty weak, the AI always goes after the highest ranked
opposing force, in that 1 catagory... I cant remember whats its called, but the AI is pretty dumb. It can't
compensate for units most in danger, cause it has to attack other units 1st.... When you know a cerebus
will always be attacked 1st, you can use them as bait, allowing your other units to eliminate the biggest
threats rather than the highest ranked in that catagory... Yes if the AI cannot reach that unit it will take
the next best option....

I suspect that the last time tasks were randomized, before I played here, the process itself was flawed,
rather than the fact that the tasks should be random in the 1st place.
BrinD

BrinDarby

I'd make the analogy to the Rubic's Cube, but then I will be accused of many things
I prolly dont deserve.....

There is a distinct difference in helping ppl understand a puzzle so it can be completed,
rather than telling them step by step how to do it.......

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Welcome to the 21st Century. There are spoilers for just about everything entertainment-wise that can have spoilers. Some people go 'spoiler free' because that is what entertains them. Some people read every spoiler they can find, because that is what entertains them. It's personal choice. There's nothing 'fair' or 'unfair' about it.
Want to know how you can easily be 'spoiler free' in Elvenar? Avoid all the player-created and Elvenar social media sites and play solo on a beta account only.
Since the event lists don't guarantee a 'win', I don't see how they can be labeled 'cheating'. Are the sites that help with figuring the probabilities on getting certain prizes by concentrating on certain chests 'cheating'? What about videos on best practices when using diplomacy in the Spire? Or information/videos on best practices for combat match-ups? None of these things guarantee a 'win', but they provide extra information on how each of those areas of the game operates. Quest lists are just extra information.
Feel free to set your own standards regarding a 'win' as being 'finishing all event quests without using lists'. Just don't call people who have a different standard of 'win' cheaters.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I suspect that the last time tasks were randomized, before I played here, the process itself was flawed,
rather than the fact that the tasks should be random in the 1st place.
Correct. they weren't random, they were randomly selected from paired lists (which is reasonable enough, but....) the lists were so short that it was painful, and with a mix of long and short tasks on each lists, and with nothing to prevent it picking the same thing each time you bounced to the other list, which meant an unlucky person might get three 48-hour tasks and three 24 hour tasks out of six while another might get three fifteen minute tasks and three three hour tasks. It felt like it was programmed by kindergartners. All they had to do was take the list of 120 tasks and assign them to each person in a random order, and everything would have been fine.

Iyapo1

And apparently by popular demand ;) here is another Spire run, somewhat more advanced. This time this is an end-game city (Chapter 16), so we have demands for all the possible goods. And we will also do some fighting! For diplomatic approach we will use the optimal strategic choices - reflecting costs.

What about videos on best practices when using diplomacy in the Spire?
@MinMax Gamer ..I love you for this! And not in a creepy way.

Status
Not open for further replies.