• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Sorcerers' Pilgrimage discussion and feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
Scouting is also limited by completing the provinces before it. So when you have exhausted your scouting ring around your available provinces, you have to complete a few to scout again. So it's not only main hall coin limits that have to be considered.

Deleted User - 3932582

Scouting is also limited by completing the provinces before it. So when you have exhausted your scouting ring around your available provinces, you have to complete a few to scout again. So it's not only main hall coin limits that have to be considered.
Negotiation requires only regular goods + orcs, and all of that you can accumulate as much as necessary (though it may take some time). So this is not a hard stop. Coins, on the other hand, are capped - so if your MH can only hold 54mm, but your next province scouting requires 55mm there is nothing you can do. Well, until the next chapter comes in with MH upgrade (if that even happens).

Last edited by a moderator:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Province 506 cost me 10.8% of my MH capacity, and I have not reached the last two upgrades.

There are plenty of players who have scouted a lot more than me, but I have 580 completed provinces, plus 10 more scouted, for a total of 590. I am done with chapter 16 and have the main hall maxed at level 37, so a coin capacity of 54 million. The cost to scout province 591 is either 8.1 million for an Easy province in Ring 17 or 8.6 million for a Medium province in Ring 18. 8.1 is 15% of 54. Of course, those costs do not stay static, as the cost always goes up a little bit with each scouting, but I have no idea how to figure out when I might ever hit 100%.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Not finishing provinces is a common decision, but it is a choice, not a limit. Players can finish those provinces and continue. Once a fully leveled Main hall will not hold enough coin to pay for a scout, there is nothing the player can do to scout further.

mikeledo

Not finishing provinces is a common decision, but it is a choice, not a limit. Players can finish those provinces and continue. Once a fully leveled Main hall will not hold enough coin to pay for a scout, there is nothing the player can do to scout further.
Has anybody reached that level yet? If so when does that happen?

Pheryll

Set Designer
Has anybody reached that level yet? If so when does that happen?
It may well be the case that the further out you go the harder it is to maintain the same percentage of the main hall capacity for scouting given that chapters are released at the steady pace of 2 per year. As you scout further, the time increases per scout and advanced scouts is not enough to counter the increasing time for each scout.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It may well be the case that the further out you go the harder it is to maintain the same percentage of the main hall capacity for scouting given that chapters are released at the steady pace of 2 per year. As you scout further, the time increases per scout and advanced scouts is not enough to counter the increasing time for each scout.

But the numbers people here should be able to take a current endgame city and calculate the increase per scout and give us a theoretical number of provinces.

Pheryll

Set Designer
But the numbers people here should be able to take a current endgame city and calculate the increase per scout and give us a theoretical number of provinces.
There are two cost increases. The increase for each province scouted, and the increase for going out another ring. Some have suggested that both functions are linear forming a piece-wise function that models a quadratic. If this is the case and the main hall capacity continues to increase in a quadratic form, then in the long run the two should remain fairly proportional, and the scouting time will be the factor that pushes the scouting cost to be a lower percentage of main hall capacity.

However, in order to verify the equation, the rings would need to be factored in, so not all similar size increases in exploration would yield the same increases in cost, as some would cause one to move up a ring while others would not.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
There are two cost increases. The increase for each province scouted, and the increase for going out another ring.
During early discussions about developing a formula, at least one person surmised that the larger rings themselves might be broken into sections (or some kind of "total provinces" component), so that there might be a formula bump part way through a ring for crossing a horizon, not just between rings.

Pheryll

Set Designer
During early discussions about developing a formula, at least one person surmised that the larger rings themselves might be broken into sections (or some kind of "total provinces" component), so that there might be a formula bump part way through a ring for crossing a horizon, not just between rings.
I have seen large increases from going from one ring to the next. I have not noticed any large increases from going from one province to the next in a given ring.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
In my smaller cities, I scouted all available provinces WITHOUT completing provinces and I hit a point where if I didn't complete, I couldn't scout. In Khel.... I have not have had that issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.