• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The soul-gobbling Chapter 15

satchmo33

OK. So. I clawed and scratched and heaved myself through Constructs (truly thought that I never would in my own lifetime).

NOW. CHAPTER FIFTEEN. I'm desperate for any advice that anyone has about this monster.

I'm drowning here. Heroically got a Council and Two Academies. Managed to actually finish the 300,000+ sentient goods Atelier (I may have this number wrong - Maybe it was 3 MILLION). NOW, they want ANOTHER 30,000+ (or 30 million) of The. Same. Sentient. Goods. to actually build the da-n thing.

(I've been topped out of capped goods for months now. Council upgrade 'way far down the tree (have PPs just rotting away in my stash). These are from my first stab at this chapter - then sold it (the Council) to get space for the FA.)

Specifically:
1. Is it even worth doing? If not, then how do you get pop w/out the residence upgrades?
2. I read somewhere that 'they' were going to reduce the requirements for this chapter. Did they? Were they actually HIGHER than they are now?
3. Any advice that you have to give would be extremely gratefully accepted.

Thanksalot.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I sympathize with you @satchmo33! I don't think I'd have completed it if I hadn't wanted those final 3 star troop promotions! Hated. It. And since I understand 16 is worse, I'm not even opening it (been done with 15 for a couple months now). I didn't need the pop but I have pop/culture event bldgs. I have a few Venars III and switch out some other pop/culture bldgs like Father Tree of Candy Canes for Mother Dragons just to change things up in my city. I have plenty of teleport spells from playing the Spire, so I store them instead of selling them. As I won magic houses/ws in the Spire, I also teleported the regular houses/ws they replaced in case I need them in the future. Now that I'm not moving unless I see something I want in Ch17, I'm good, lol! I have the space to bring out factories and workshops as needed for events.
I managed to get a good amount of space for Council and Academies, having (?6?8) at some point I think. I read and re-read the Portal Profits strategy on the Gems site (here) and followed their recommendations on making enough of the Academy goods, then sold off all I could and placed the other settlement bldgs (kept only enough Academies for the connection). I built, sold off, and built again the types of settlement bldgs/productions as needed, again keeping check on Gems site to see how many total I'd need for whatever. I never built the Vault of Wis...dumb. For the decaying Sentient goods: I teleported T1, 2, and 3 factories down to one each and went with 2 each of Ink and Soap. I only ever had one Platinum, and that seemed to be enough. I do have a bunch of the small Spire set bldgs that give Sentient goods and that helped. I also got my Simia Sapiens up to lvl 6. When Phoenix event came this spring, I already had a lvl 10 Fire Phoenix and a few extra Phoenix artifacts from the previous year. I worked hard at that event and the FA afterward and was able to get the Storm Phoenix to lvl 9. I hoarded time instants from the Spire. I'd then try to time it to feed the Storm first thing in the morning, collect the sentient goods, push through Sentient productions to get the sufficient goods to unlock the tech. I'd place the trades for the ones I didn't have or find in trader at a 10% discount early in the day and usually had them taken before the end of the day, so I didn't have to worry about (any more) decay. Then did it all over again for the next tech. Did I mention that I Hated. It.:D
I got those troop promotions as soon as I could. I ended up finishing off the rest of the techs in case there's anything in chapters past 16 that I see I want. I haven't placed the AW's from that chapter; the one for extra pop won't help me since I run minimal houses and the Storage one will only be of benefit if I ever decide to move forward.
It helped that I saw Ch16 and that it had nothing of interest to me. That meant I didn't have to care about how long it took me to finish Ch15. I know it wasn't as big a deal to players who choose to make moving quickly through chapters a priority; they seemed to meet the challenge just fine. It just wasn't for me. I enjoy tournaments, the Spire, events and FA's and I'm content with where I'm at now.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I'm 14 researches from finishing ch 15. My strategy was to get the portal to lvl 4 and then just use PP's to do the rest. I built 8 academies 2 of each of the altiers, factories and whatever the third one is (can't remember), and one vault. Then, after getting my council hall to lvl 4 I moved the rest to storage. I'll take each out if needed for some quest, but plan to use the hundreds and hundreds of PP's I've saved, to move through the chapter as I make the needed goods. I have 2 of the ST2 and ST3 goods and one of the ST1 (my ST1 is planks so I produce gum, which I also produce in my 4 moonstone farms (meaning I only need one ST1, I think). The pop problem is not real bad as I continuously upgrade any pop/culture buildings I have. I also have, if needed 4 venar III's, of which 1 is at 9900 pop and 3 in storage. I can drop in a second and raise it to the same level in a moment.

Overall I do find the ST3 requirements rather daunting and sort of overkill. But I'm a patient player and it will take as long as it takes. As an AM, forum contributor, and all around busy guy, I have plenty to do as I sit waiting for yet more ST3 to be produced.

As for, should you even do the chapter? That depends on your goals. I actually have never thought of NOT doing a chapter. I guess I'm just compulsive about finishing things. I don't think the rewards offered are all that great, but I don't do it for the rewards.

Just my thoughts.

AJ

NightshadeCS

Chapter 15 was tough, but nothing in comparison to 16, in my opinion. But we'll leave that for another day.

1. I built a lot of sentient factories. I dropped my regular goods down to one of each tier and had 3 of each S-good going non-stop. This required a lot of seeds, of course, so every spare square is dedicated to seeds.

2. I kept changing which settlement buildings I had out. I used teleport spells to change from atelier, to academy, to factory. I can't remember for sure, but it seemed like you rarely needed all of them out at once. I think I only had one or two Vaults of Wisdom, and that was pretty late in the chapter. It was mostly for quests, I think, as I used PPs at that point to finish things off.

It was a long chapter, but the buildings are so pretty I was ameliorated. I also like the look of 16, but dear gods, it is slow and long.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Some of the difficulty of chapter 15 and 16 lies in your server and the availability of sentient goods for trade. The fewer active players in the sentient goods chapters, the longer it will take to get what you need for research and upgrading. Chapter 15 has one choke point that takes forever to get through that uses guest race goods. But after that, it is portal profits the rest of the way. Chapter 16 does not have that issue. I don't think I was rushing, but it only took me 4 months to finish chapter 15 and 3 months for chapter 16.

LordVorKon

Both of the Constructs wonders help quite a bit with Ch 15, as does an Elvenar Trade Center. I used a bunch of Magical Manufacturing spells to push the sentient goods production also.

In Chapter 16, goods were rarely ever a problem for me, because the time it took to collect the KP for the researches was long enough that any goods I needed could be made in the meantime.

KarlD

Chapter 15 was very frustrating for me because in my world Soap was overabundant and Shrooms were in short supply and since I am boosted in Soap this resulted in my needing to pay large bonuses to trade my Soap for Shrooms. If you didn't offer at least 30% bonuses you might not get your trade taken and your goods might decay before you got the Shrooms you needed. At times people were offering bonuses of 70% or more. Because of this I was running 4 ST3 factories along with constant use of MM spells. It took forever to get through Chapter 15 even with plenty of PP spells and then Chapter 16 took even longer. I'm confident Chapter 17 will take even longer still.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I am chapter 15 on EN2, chapter 16 on EN1. I filled my Guest race space with Academies and pushed out lots of goods in those buildings. In the meantime I teleported one each T1, T2, T3 factories to storage, and instead ran up an S1, S2, and two more S3 factories.
I made 2 each atelier, workshop, and agriculture and brought them in and out of storage as I built the tech needed to unlock the next research. I stored some Academies during FA and pulled them out again afterwards.

I built 2 Vaults of Wisdom and only kept enough Academies to run the interim buildings. I raced ahead wherever possible to 2nd Vault research and Council Hall upgrade. I pushed the S2 in the early phases of final type tech research, and cross tier traded to solve for Ink and Obsidian; I built roads at this point, as my mana was at ridiculous levels. Velvet is my boosted so I used a lot of time instants for that.

Further on, I stored an S1, and pushed S2, S3, even cross tiered up, for the large amounts of S3 needed for research. I used portal profits liberally (from my temp buildings, Fire Phoenix, Spire, MA crafting, and events), and used my Vaults to transform items to balance things out - this was easily accomplished during the time it took to collect the S3 needed for research. In my lead city I have Blooming Trader, Simia Sapiens and Timewarp, in my second city I have only the Timewarp but more relics and time instants and it is still going well.

Later, when the tier1 factory research was accomplished I consolidated the GRT area and pulled the second S1 out of storage and pushed those goods to upgrade houses, and the T1/S1 factories. This dance gets even more complex if you have high level Wonders, but that is another question for another day.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2959

The advent of Teleport spells totally changed my enjoyment of new chapters. I can make all the room I want without having to destroy anything. Total game-changer.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
I have four vault of wisdoms, but to get to more than 5000 collections and manifests for humans and elves each for a single research is just taking forever. I am investing a lot of KP into my ancient wonders in this chapter. I am hoping that it will go quicker once I unlock lvl 3 and 4 on the council hall. I will save my portal profits until the council hall is lvl 4 before I apply them.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 3932582

I have four vault of wisdoms, but to get to more than 5000 collections and manifests for humans and elves each for a single research is just taking forever. I am investing a lot of KP into my ancient wonders in this chapter. I am hoping that it will go quicker once I unlock lvl 3 and 4 on the council hall. I will save my portal profits until the council hall is lvl 4 before I apply them.
You probably shouldn't be looking forward to Chapter 17 then... ;)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

Why any Vaults of Wisdom? Or are you very low on portal profits? When I did this chapter, I barely had the Vault out long enough to complete the quest that required building it and then everything but the Portal was sold off. And you can get the Portal to level 4 before ever needing to build the Vault, so I am confused on the order you are doing things. And you have not choice but to save the portal profits til after building researching and building a Vault because they only give you the capped goods made in the Vault, goods you do not need for anything til after that.