• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The soul-gobbling Chapter 15

StarLoad

time for counter point .. i made it through ch 15 relatively quickly by overproducing goods and focusing on the needs to advance tech tree and am enjoying advancing in ch 16, now a 2nd city has been advancing through ch 15 on winy .. i don't see why all the anguish
Yes, we all must be just sad and pathetic players wallowing in our own self-pity... Read the posts man trades are impossible and if you are not lucky enough to have the KEY Sentient 3 Good you are screwed, and not in a nice or fun way. You make it sound like it's no problem to get through 15 and 16 now, and that players that are top in their FS have no one to fall back on for trades.

Read the title of the post and quit trying to put everyone down for their feelings

StarLoad

I am in Chapter 15 and am seriously debating whether or not I will continue the game....I am thinking I may well want to create a new player and play again through chapter 14 and stop again. Right now, Chapter 15 is grueling and the game has lost most of the "fun" aspect....at least for me. If chapter 15 is grueling, I cannot imagine how horrid chapters 16 onward are!!!! Yikes!!!! I also left my Fellowship which broke my heart because the chapter was just killing me and I needed the respite from that god-awful chapter. Now I am playing solo / part-time.....this way I don't disappoint any FS members, and I am taking some of the stress off of myself. The chapter just is not fun. Sorry. It is sad....but, I may have to say goodbye to Salator for good.
I understand your point I too left my FS as I was not able to support the FS and work through 15. I finally finished but it was not fun and now I am redoing my city to stay and enjoy it in place. No more advancing and lots less stress. You can always look for an FS to park in that has minimal rules and needs

Salator

Yes, we all must be just sad and pathetic players wallowing in our own self-pity... Read the posts man trades are impossible and if you are not lucky enough to have the KEY Sentient 3 Good you are screwed, and not in a nice or fun way. You make it sound like it's no problem to get through 15 and 16 now, and that players that are top in their FS have no one to fall back on for trades.

Read the title of the post and quit trying to put everyone down for their feelings
Thank you ed1960! I agree with you whole heartedly! Maybe she simply did not tell us about all the diamonds she spent to get through Chapter 15 "quickly." LOL.

shimmerfly

time for counter point .. i made it through ch 15 relatively quickly by overproducing goods and focusing on the needs to advance tech tree and am enjoying advancing in ch 16, now a 2nd city has been advancing through ch 15 on winy .. i don't see why all the anguish
I know I'm weird but this is bizzare. You must be special.

@Salator Your not alone. I will either finally make this city pretty after this chapter, start a new city, or just plain leave. The grind is not fun.

Kekune

I don't want to knock anybody's dissatisfaction with ch15. Y'all are entitled to hate it. I didn't especially like it either, but it sounds like this thread overall is making a blanket statement that it's impossible to do ch15 in less than 9-12 months and that it will always crush your soul. People are gonna have a range of experiences, and they're all valid.

I started ch15 during the Winter 2019 event (roughly mid December), and then finished it mid-April 2020. So 4 months, give or take. I didn't spend to go faster (unless you count using diamonds won in-game to buy expansions). I didn't have a favorable trade environment - I'm boosted in bismuth, and at the time had little fellowship access to soap or shrooms. It was a challenge, for sure. But it didn't make me hate the game.

I'm not saying anybody who hated it is is wrong. It clearly has challenges, and was the start of a shift in gameplay that in not fond of. I can understand how it would stop some folks in their tracks. I'm just saying that the "ch 15 is Elvenar hell" perspective isn't the only one out there.

edeba

I don't remember it being that bad, but Chapter 17 has created a new meter on which to evaluate "elvenar hell." I'm bringing my beta game to chapter 15, but I suspect I will never take past that point. The chapters after are awful and it is a net slaughter to your tournament ability so highly regressive to other aspects of the game to continue.

StarLoad

@Kekune
I understand that it is doable but it's no longer enjoyable, for me anyway. The trader in S.A. is untolerably full of parasites that have their own battle going between fellowships. There just doesn't seem to be anythng to look forward to but more of the same. I hope I'm wrong! : )
I've really enjoyed this game.
I think that is why besides enjoying the game up to 15 is the key, so starting new cities being the fun back and have fun playing.

Edited to add:
Just thinking out loud but could the problem with the trading and parasites be exaggerated by the number of players that have stopped at or in 15 and thereby making it infinitely hard for anyone new into 15. So without the players that have finished it the next generation of players are getting extra punishment as a result?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Hi Valtitude
The issue with Gems isn't so easy. The owner of the site retired from play due to IRL considerations, so we are down a designer / content uploader. There are teams working updates for the chapters, but we gather information and it changes constantly. Chapter 1 has been tweaked many times. The battle guy has also IRL issues so that whole area has been left fallow.

The rest of the crew has focused on events with some work on new chapter content, and a couple of interesting areas. But there are events every 5 to 6 weeks, new chapters twice a year, and the overall design to sort. The new FA format took a lot of man hours. It's a battle to keep up as we are, never mind get out front.

That said, thanks everyone for your continued support, it means a lot.
Thank you so much for the time you and the others give to Elvengems. It's helped me so much with the game. I think a lot of us would be lost without you, which just attests to your value. People should remember that before they complain about it.

Dew Spinner

Hi Valtitude
The issue with Gems isn't so easy. The owner of the site retired from play due to IRL considerations, so we are down a designer / content uploader. There are teams working updates for the chapters, but we gather information and it changes constantly. Chapter 1 has been tweaked many times. The battle guy has also IRL issues so that whole area has been left fallow.

The rest of the crew has focused on events with some work on new chapter content, and a couple of interesting areas. But there are events every 5 to 6 weeks, new chapters twice a year, and the overall design to sort. The new FA format took a lot of man hours. It's a battle to keep up as we are, never mind get out front.

That said, thanks everyone for your continued support, it means a lot.
4 of the Pilgram's Manor set buildings have the wrong sizes on them, can that be fixed?

Last edited:

Salator

I'm parked at the first tech in Ch 16 and I'm removing all of my sentient buildings so I certainly won't be helping the market any.:confused:
Soggy, I have watched you for many years now....and have grown to really respect you and value just about everything you say...so if you are parking in Chapter 16, I think I will do the same....only in Chapter 15. I am done with pain!

Salator

@shimmerfly Maybe you and I can park out together!!! LOL! I am only playing part-time now...what I can achieve in Chapter 15 will either be or not be....I am not investing any real effort. I will continue to visit my neighbors and friends....and, perhaps, in the winter I will join a very small fellowship to help them get to chapter 15!!! BTW, I have already started a new city and have formed a small fellowship...so, that is fun!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Soggy, I have watched you for many years now....and have grown to really respect you and value just about everything you say...so if you are parking in Chapter 16, I think I will do the same....only in Chapter 15. I am done with pain!
Cheers, if you're fighting at all I'd recommend at least getting all of the troop upgrades before stopping since they're pretty great. I went just into 16 because I like to fill my city with event prizes and felt the pros outweighed the cons for me.

Salator

Cheers, if you're fighting at all I'd recommend at least getting all of the troop upgrades before stopping since they're pretty great. I went just into 16 because I like to fill my city with event prizes and felt the pros outweighed the cons for me.
Yes, I do a lot of fighting...maybe 90%....I had not thought about that, but I think you are right. So, yeah, I think I will bully my way through the chapter... Or at least through the last troop upgrade. Makes sense! Thank you as always! :)

iamthouth

Tetris Master
Although I struggled initially with chapter 15, I'm now nearly at the end. Getting the balance right between producing seeds, producing sentient goods and producing settlement resources was the greatest challenge. My ancient wonders have been invested in for the better, particularly Timewarp, which has made tournaments much easier to complete to six rounds. It was a mind shift from focussing on research progression to ancient wonder progression, tournament scores and spire participation.