• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Spire is the worst idea you ever had.

• Thread starter DeletedUser24016
  • Start date

DeletedUser24016

It seems that the whole idea was to find a way for you to force players to buy and spend diamonds to get through.

The fact that extremely difficult combinations 'randomly' show up that are impossible to fight through even with 100% worth of damage boosters strongly suggests I'm right. We've seen before how good your randomizing code works. On top of that you move players troops around after the first wave to prevent them from finding any effective combination of troops.

And your diplomacy sub-game proves my point. Its very expensive and mathematically impossible to solve the later fights without spending a LOT of diamonds.

Fix it or get rid of it.

Deleted User - 3932582

...mathematically impossible to solve the later fights without spending a LOT of diamonds.
I've been doing "mathematically impossible" for a few months now. Negotiating in one try is not 100% outside of the first 3 encounters, but retries from start are a thing. With the right approach you don't need too many retries on the first 2 floors. Boss fights on levels 2 and 3 may benefit from extra diamond retries if you want to push it that far, otherwise it becomes pretty expensive, but these can be offset with diamonds won from the Spire itself.

Spire is a net diamond producer for me. Not a significant one, but still.

T6583

While I'm not the biggest fan of the Spire because I think its a bit expensive and the rewards aren't worth the costs in some cases, I personally have found the 1st stage and even at times the 2nd stage easily doable and echo @MinMax Gamer's sentiment. I've gotten some nice prizes from the Spire including a Magic Residence without having to spend diamonds. In the occassion that I do spend like mentioned above it's still a net producer for me as well.

DeletedUser5801

I play the spire regularly but not all the time. I spend diamonds here and there to complete the negotiations. But overall, it's been a lot of fun and I have gained over 800% in portal profits, a magic residence at Level 15, a ton of Moonstone Library Set buildings that give me sentient goods without spending anything AND I have won diamonds, plus, I have 34 Teleport Building enchantments which I am going to use when I finish the game and create the perfect city. I think I have spend $20 in extra diamonds and it has created another level of play for me.

To each his own though!!

The Unbeliever

The Spire is simply the epitome of inept & stupid game design...

If you're in the final couple chapters of the game, it's decently doable.
Between having access to most/all the relevant AW's with many of them decently leveled already, (ie: pre-WE's wonders are probably at least Lv8-10+), top-end resources production, and ample military production, you have the tools to comfortably complete the first floor + maybe some 2nd floor on a weekly basis. (or more!)
This while still being able to tournament & research as well as needed.

BUT!

For literally every city that's still around Sorcs/Haflings and especially earlier, the Spire is close to unplayable because the costs are beyond astromonical vs. your average city's production capabilities & needs...
(ie: researching is generally faster, cities are still trying to grow, many AW's are still as yet locked away behind techs, more map to scout/claim, etc...)

It's very apparent that for most pre-Ch9 cities, the Spire is really just a pipe-dream.

As well, the negotiation game needs the 4th turn implemented for the 7+ option negotiations. (ideally we'd get it for the 6 turn ones as well, but those *can* be done in 3 turns if you get lucky)

If anything, Inno should just move it to a Ch8 or 9 unlock since it just a middle finger giving Ch3-7 players a feature that's clearly not even remotely meant for them to do more than 4-8 encounters at best.

DeletedUser2959

I clear the first level every week, but I wait until Tuesday when I activate an UUU and Fire Phoenix for the tourney. I've gotten nice rewards for my trouble. I can see it being a lot tougher for someone who isn't as far along in the game as I am but hating on it seems a tad extreme.

Fayeanne

It depends on your goals. In my cities which are Chapters 4-6 I find the first floor reasonably doable (the last "boss" fight is a bit of a challenge, but by contrast the first set of battles to the first door are cake, and lead to a chest that can drop Diamonds and Teleport scrolls).

I have never gone beyond floor 1, however. I tried the first battle on floor 2 once and decided it was too costly to be worth bothering with.

So yes, it would probably be difficult to impossible for my cities to ever completely clear the Spire, but I don't mind. I'm happy for the rewards I get just from the first floor, because they are things I presently can't really get anywhere else (outside of perhaps some special events). So I'm glad I have access to it now.

DeletedUser20819

The spire truly is awful. I've made it to the second stairs past the middle like...once? Twice? The resources to just DUMP into the game are past excessive and based on almost pure luck until you've barfed a bunch of resources into the Catering?

It's pretty bad when you have an event where people just won't play it or it's so destructive to your character that it's not worth the destruction to even get to decent rewards? Worse you pushed it so to get spell fragments you HAVE to play a seriously much much MUCH top hard part of the game.

And what you did to the spell fragments. You've literally made it impossible for me to craft anything now when you destroyed at least a DECENT amount of fragments for regular play/getting regular things to trade for fragments. I'm in a position now where I can't make anything because you made spell fragment payoffs so ridiculously poor that it's a junk system...nice to look at the things to craft, impossible to craft them.

The spire isn't fair, it's not fun, it's not productive, it's not enjoyable...it's annoying, it's been turned into what looks like a way to suck resources out of people who might have A LOT of resources but it's not even close to realistic for people who DON'T have those resources and it's just not interesting.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
It's pretty bad when you have an event where people just won't play it or it's so destructive to your character that it's not worth the destruction to even get to decent rewards? Worse you pushed it so to get spell fragments you HAVE to play a seriously much much MUCH top hard part of the game.

You don't need spire to get a decent amount of fragments, the spire just has an excessive amount of them. The alternative however is to do a decent amount of tournaments, you can farm up plenty of excess spells every week and disenchant those, their value didn't change ;)

DeletedUser13313

I fight through the first level once a week and have gained 3 magic residences and a number of diamonds.. I'm not a fan of the negotiation game.. I didn't realize that you lose goods even if you don't open the check point.. won't bother with it again.. just fight. I always run a booster or 2 for the tournament so it's worth it to do at least the first level. I've been able to run my crafter almost 24/7 thanks to it.

SimplyNoble

I do the first couple of levels now and then to get a few decent prizes and don't really care much about the upper levels. Not everything has to be for all of the people. If it takes diamonds well then that gives people who have the money and want to spend it something to enjoy. If it can be down without diamonds at higher chapters them that gives people at higher chapters something to do while they sit around waiting on long scout and upgrade times.

If it is not yet your time to have those things don't begrudge it to those whose time it is.

I tell members of my fellowship that they should be playing the game the way they like to play. They should not feel pressured to complete a netire event questline or to do huge points on tourneys or produce lots of badges for the FA or...

Seriously if the pressure is too much for you you might be in the wrong fellowship. Life isn't fair. So why does anyone expect this game to be fair? Especially if you are not one of the ones paying t play. You are not owed anything by Inno. Don't like it. Don't play.

Black watch

While I was boosted through the roof, I played it... I mean, I just did six stars through 40 spots on the steel tourney and lost few troops... it was a cake walk for me... my finger got tired clicking...
So I thought I'd do the spire at the same time... it was do-able... through the first boss... I actually got a blend of prizes this time through, though that's not often. But when I went into the second tier, it's all dual fights, though the prizes are at the same level of as the first tier... If you're going to loose more troops, cost more in catering if you go that route (I didn't) then up the prizes and stay the bloody hell off the fragment offerings.... I'm swimming in fragments and think that's the low end of the spectrum, especially since you load them up on the first round plenty!
If you want me (or someone else) to go higher, then offer proper compesation for the effort and expense.
As it stands right now, I'll never go higher than the first boss again...
That might change if the spire/clan thing is something that changes things, but as a single player situation... save your troops after the first boss... it's terrible.

chgobob33

I do the first couple of levels now and then to get a few decent prizes and don't really care much about the upper levels. Not everything has to be for all of the people. If it takes diamonds well then that gives people who have the money and want to spend it something to enjoy. If it can be down without diamonds at higher chapters them that gives people at higher chapters something to do while they sit around waiting on long scout and upgrade times.

If it is not yet your time to have those things don't begrudge it to those whose time it is.

I tell members of my fellowship that they should be playing the game the way they like to play. They should not feel pressured to complete a netire event questline or to do huge points on tourneys or produce lots of badges for the FA or...

Seriously if the pressure is too much for you you might be in the wrong fellowship. Life isn't fair. So why does anyone expect this game to be fair? Especially if you are not one of the ones paying t play. You are not owed anything by Inno. Don't like it. Don't play.

Ok, just asking are you and those who like the Spire PURE players??? ie No $$$ ever in game?? I'm a pure player so it is not worth more than MAYBE the 1ST FLOOR.

Kekune

Ok, just asking are you and those who like the Spire PURE players??? ie No $$$ ever in game?? I'm a pure player so it is not worth more than MAYBE the 1ST FLOOR.

I like the spire, and have never spent money in this game (though I dunno about the term "pure."). I can do the first floor easily each week, the second floor with effort, and I'm experimenting to see if I can regularly and sustainably do the third floor. It's currently only occasional.

qaccy

'Pure'? You mean one of those people who play the game for free while complaining all the time about how awful the game is? Bonus points if they also mock the ones who do put money into the game, being unaware that these people are the ones keeping the game running to allow others to play for free. Is that the kind of 'pure' you're talking about?