• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Spire is the worst idea you ever had.

• Thread starter DeletedUser24016
  • Start date

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I guess cities that primarily cater would place a lower value on goods? That would make sense as a strategy for them. I couldn't afford it. On the other hand, I haven't negotiated any encounters in a few weeks now, and probably place a lower value on troops because I produce so many of them. If I don't feel like I have a better than 50% chance to fight past an encounter on the spire, that's where I stop.

WolfSinger

I typically fight only the encounters that are 1 wave and negotiate the rest. I've been reasonably successful with offering a different good to each spirit and then taking my time to analyze the results. I've gotten to the point I only have to buy one or two extra rounds per spire level (not doors - level). Overall, I'm ahead on diamonds won vs diamonds spent - so it's all good.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I did the entire Spire last week for the first time. Level 8 fire phoenix, all the military AWs at level 6 at the most, and a dwarven armorer for the 50% health boost, and no other boost buildings out. I fought 45 of the 48 battles, including the bosses. Auto-battle for them all also. I think I lost only one or two fights and i had to redo one negotiation to avoid spending diamonds.

NightshadeCS

At the risk of being shunned by some people, I will mention a mechanic they have in the game-that-must-not-be-named (despite it being another Inno product and a free flow of elements occur between the two). There is a boost you can win/produce (can't remember, don't play it anymore) that will give you a 4th round in all negotiations. Wow, was THAT useful!

Of course, it could increase the power creep that seems so insidious.

Thanks for teaching me something new here today, folks. I did not know people were using diamonds so frequently to gain extra rounds. This makes it less of a mystery how some are getting so far in the Spire every week.

Kekune

At the risk of being shunned by some people, I will mention a mechanic they have in the game-that-must-not-be-named (despite it being another Inno product and a free flow of elements occur between the two). There is a boost you can win/produce (can't remember, don't play it anymore) that will give you a 4th round in all negotiations. Wow, was THAT useful!

Of course, it could increase the power creep that seems so insidious.

Thanks for teaching me something new here today, folks. I did not know people were using diamonds so frequently to gain extra rounds. This makes it less of a mystery how some are getting so far in the Spire every week.

High diamond spending isn't necessarily key to that. I've finished it 3 weeks in a row and spent maybe 50 diamonds in that time (winning far more). I'm probably stopping at level 2 this week because I just spent all my seeds to upgrade my main hall, so that limits my negotiations a bit.