• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Tale of Burukbrak and Gaelagil: Continued

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
How about offering plots of land as a prize
For quests like "move a building"?o_O
If an expansion was the reward, I would expect the quests to be more like
"Scout 9 provinces, and Solve 72 encounters"
How about doing away with the "produce all of one tier" quests? Some of us don't have the room to build unboosted manufactories.
I don't know about your other cities, but you have enough space on Winy and Khel for at least a dozen temporary buildings....

Last edited:

DeletedUser5521

There have been events (and adventures) in the past where it felt like the quests DID require "working one's figurative arse off", but I personally don't get that feeling from this event. The quests actually feel to me like someone in the INNO War-room may have said, "Hey let's give the minions a little Valentine's Day love, and maybe NOT make them work their figurative arses off this time..?" Of course that's just the flavor I'm tasting. But, personally, I am liking this lil event :)

Laochra

I started a human city to kill some time while all my elf cities are tech blocked in Dwarves. Frustrating that I have been stuck on task #11 for hours because the new players in my trader are only posting zero-star trades. :confused:

DeletedUser3468

Sure try to get 10th chest with 1 person.... :D

Not happening ever...

Of course not. Probably can't even get the first chest, but I don't do tourneys in my solo Fellowships for the chests. I do them (occasionally, if I need to) for the relics, KP, rune shards*, and spells*.

* Note: not so much now for rune shards since I've got my rune wheels filled for all the AWs that I have open and not so much for the spells unless needed for an Event or something since I've got hundreds of spells just sitting around not being needed. The only one I use regularly is Inspiring Meditation, which isn't available except through the Magic Academy.

Note on the Note: Not literally hundreds of all of the spells, just PoP and EE. I have many fewer MMs and do still produce those, especially since the tourneys cause me to run low on T2 & T3 goods in some of my cities and I use them to increase my goods produced.

For an on topic comment: My only real problem with this one is that I don't care for the building. Why is it that the buildings for the shorter Events where we only have one or two big prizes look like they're designed for an entirely different game? I mean, seriously... a wedding altar? Yes, it goes with the story but not with any of my cities. Same with the Robert Redbeard event where the buildings not only didn't fit in with anything, they were also unattractive! At least that altar is pretty and will look nice in my tiny city in Ceravyn, assuming I can finish the Event given the fact that I'm stuck out in the vast wasteland of abandoned cities... or at least very low level ones. (I got very excited today because someone actually visited me!!! :eek::p:D Yes I visited back... I'm only sort of crazy... Sheianna of the Seven Worlds is what my sig should read!)

Aaaand: I'm already stuck on the accept one trade on Ceravyn. *sigh* maybe tomorrow someone will have something posted that I have enough stuff to pick up or that is at least a one star trade!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Desurfur

Frustrating that I have been stuck on task #11 for hours because the new players in my trader are only posting zero-star trades.
That's where I'm at also, had a 5 minute window this morning before work, that I used to collect task #10 and see what task #11 was, and couldn't collect because that was the only trades available at that time and I will not touch them , even if they are in my FS. I will normally bury them a few pages back by posting 8 to10, 3 - Star trades in each tier.
In fact unless I mess up, 3 - Star trades is all I will post.

On topic, not to thrilled with the one little relic for colleting a task, but then again (at least so far) theres not all that muck work to completing the tasks. Although at the moment not to thrilled about the prospect of having to rebuild my non-boost goods after just getting rid of them. most of that room has been taken up by upgrade expansions of other buildings, the only non-boost I have is a small Tier 3 TM that I haven't razed yet.

Last edited:

DeletedUser6493

I think they did a really good job of keeping the tasks in line with the prize being offered. I don't see where this would be too difficult for smaller cities to complete. As far as some of the comments I see about the prize not being useful, with the increased number of events we have now, I expect that to happen sometimes. In my orc and S&D city, this building replaces a mother dragon from previous chapters. On Ceravyn, it does me no good but that city is on the last branch of Fairies so there's not much left to upgrade or do and the event is a nice distraction :)

The only thing I see as a bit of a concern is the last task, solve 20 encounters. I don't see a problem with the smaller solve encounter tasks but I think that the larger ones like this could be bit much with the increased number of events we have now so why not gain relics instead? That way players could decide how many to get from the map and how many to get from tournaments. I also miss the 3-5 minute speed boosts as rewards. Those are were nice for when I was in a hurry of feeling a bit impatient toward the end of an upgrade.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I think they did a really good job of keeping the tasks in line with the prize being offered. I don't see where this would be too difficult for smaller cities to complete.

I wasn't going to do this one but once I looked at the quests it did seem fair for the reward. I kind of have to do the Valentine's quests since it is also my Wedding Anniversary :) I'm glad I couldn't part with the heart bridge from last year to go with this.

DeletedUser5800

Sounds like someone was smart and figured out a way that they would need to remember one less date
I tried to get married on my mother's birthday for this exact reason but no one would agree to a Tuesday so it's 3 days earlier! At least when I get reminded of one I remember the other. Just don't ask my wife how she feels about me making sure the one I remember is my mother's birthday! :D

DeletedUser6368

My biggest pet-pev, production of mixed Tier 1, Please just stop this non-sense, sick and tired of it.
Soggyshorts don't even respond shiggyshorts says>>"that's the challenge of the game" [-]!! I [-] hate it there is no need for it.
most don't know but you get paid from INNO to say good things. Or your just like a Youtube star always on here adding comments. No pun intended but it's the truth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I tried to get married on my mother's birthday for this exact reason but no one would agree to a Tuesday so it's 3 days earlier! At least when I get reminded of one I remember the other. Just don't ask my wife how she feels about me making sure the one I remember is my mother's birthday! :D
I picked a woman who was born on the same day as Harry Potter, so I can look up her birthday on the internet any time I want. Getting married exactly ten days after that was (also) purely an accident.....

SoggyShorts

Soggyshorts don't even respond shiggyshorts.......most don't know but you get paid from INNO to say good things. Or your just like a Youtube star always on here adding comments. No pun intended but it's the truth.
Really? If I had to guess I would say of the 4,000+ posts I've made, at least 1,000 of them are crapping on inno. If I'm an employee, I should probably be fired, and for the record: I don't like the mixed T1 quests, no one does. Just because I can see that some quests need to be challenging doesn't mean I'm in Inno's pocket. I've made many suggestions on how to improve the game, some of which have already been implemented. What have you contributed other than whining?

I have stated many times that quests like "upgrade 4 buildings to level 5", and mixed tier productions suck, and should be replaced. I feel that instead of those we should have quests that reward you for progress. For example a quest to
"Have 12 buildings at level 15, or upgrade a building to level 15" <----scaled by chapter, so that you basically either auto-complete the quest, or do an upgrade that you actually need.

However, because I like to think critically, I can understand (without getting paid) that if the event quests only ask you to do things that you are going to do anyways, there would be no challenge, and they should just give you the prize for logging in.

So the other side is that some quests should force you to do things you don't want to do, to introduce challenge.
The reason those mixed T1 quests make sense is that since non-boosted buildings are garbage, it means you have to do something different in your city for the event. Anyone who has already been through an event should know by now that they are much easier if you dedicate some space for temporary buildings. Even if they got rid of the mixed T1, they would just be replaced by more workshop quests, and is there really any difference between building 2 non-boosted and 2 more workshops?

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Wow! I have read the forum for 2 years. So all this time when there were practical or positive comments it was because the player was in Inno's pocket? Where do I sign up?? I don't really like when it's all about complaining. It is actually the practical & positive responses that have helped me understand & enjoy my game.

DeletedUser9773

I have a question - do quest-rewards from one quest not count toward the goals of other quests?

I am in Elementals, and I waited to collect my 10K steel (chapter quest reward), because I knew I would need to obtain 8.5K steel to complete my Valentine's quest. When I collected it, nothing happened, even though my inventory clearly shows I gained the 10K steel. I even refreshed.

Is it supposed to work that way? I waited to collect that reward for nothing, I guess.

DeletedUser13002

As one who hammered on the (ridiculous) FA we just endured, and also as one who's complained about suffering from pretty severe event fatigue, I had NO serious plans to attempt finishing this event in any of my cities. Sure, if I completed some quests while engaging in the normal, daily business of playing, then whatever, but to put more effort into something like this ... no way.

And then ... I started completing quests (more out of a nagging, OCD-ish habit of checking all the boxes that pop up than anything else). And before I knew it, I was more than halfway through the list in all of my cities. And most surprising of all, I was ... enjoying myself. This event is almost relaxing in a way, which sort of fits in with the milieu of the holiday it's representing. There are a couple of challenging obstacles, to be sure—I really had to work things around in my largest city to get a couple of Tier-1 shops into place—but things fell into place, and it didn't cost me too much effort.

This kind of thing is okay: a smallish, reasonably simple event that gives us something to try for without asking us to climb Everest in order to claim a lump of lead. Is the prize a huge deal? No, but again, it's in keeping with the low-key nature of the event itself. I'm honestly looking to finish it now more for the accomplishment anyway, and I have to admit (again) that this one has been fun. (I get that people in the highest chapters may get frustrated with it, but ... is it a problem to gear some events toward lower-scoring players? I don't think so.)

This is the proportionality we've been asking for. Low-effort filler, no-big-deal prize. On the other end of the scale, if they're going to ask us to bang our heads against the wall in an effort to spin gold from straw, then the prizes should be much larger in proportion to the requisite effort. They've shown they can pull off this end of the scale. Let's see if they can get it right with the next FA.

SoggyShorts

I get that people in the highest chapters may get frustrated with it
Actually, as someone in the last chapter, I don't understand why late game players would be frustrated.
I used 1.5 expansions for turd buildings, and didn't bother to prep any productions in advance except 1 set of mixed T1 24h.
I was even too lazy to open a tab with the quest list, and just did them as they came, and I'll be done with at least 6 days left.
Sure we wanted something that gave divine seeds as a reward, but I would have expected to actually work for something like that.