• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Tale of Burukbrak and Gaelagil: Continued

HJK84

Yes, this was quite a easy event, with ample time for everyone to complete it all (if they so wished)
I completed it, almost 2 days ago :cool:

Such events are nice Imo.
I do get the later chapter people would've liked a tad more benefits from them though.
This event was much easier compared to the one during, Halloween.

nightrider1

Are you sure?
How much culture are you getting from your observatory and frozen flame(orange)x2?
I know they give zero pop, and together they take up 12 squares (same as the event building)
I'm pretty sure it's an upgrade.

Edit: had a quick look on EA, and No matter what level you got the frozen flames at, the wedding altar gives more culture than both of them combined, so now it's just a comparison of the culture you get from your observatory vs 1400 pop from wedding altar.
comparing apple to apple ie 12squares cul/pop I've got stuff in inventory that's better than what I've built i'm waiting till I build elementals to upgrade whats left. I do get what u are saying

DeletedUser3484

I really want my Bridge and Balcony... i hate not having the Set... soooooo po'd at myself for deleting so i could build more housing... :mad::mad::mad::mad::D:D:D:oops::oops::rolleyes:o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

DeletedUser13002

For quests like "move a building"?o_O
If an expansion was the reward, I would expect the quests to be more like
"Scout 9 provinces, and Solve 72 encounters"

... which is something that will get you an expansion space at any time anyway. Maybe something in between...?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
... which is something that will get you an expansion space at any time anyway. Maybe something in between...?
We used to have more powerful buildings as rewards for harder events, but there was so much complaining that the devs dumbed down the quests, and (fairly) made the rewards weaker.
The devs have also said that they will never ever give an expansion as a reward as it is the most important and powerful thing in the game-space. Obviously since it is so important, premium expansions are likely one of the biggest money makers, which is another reason.

qaccy

There's a limit to how many province expansions you can earn, so technically not always. Most players aren't close to that limit though.

I think the current expansion limit is designed to be able to barely accommodate a player who has every single available expansion, but I'm not sure. How many open spaces are left for someone who has all of them / how many unusable expansions is it possible to have currently?

Archlist

How many open spaces are left for someone who has all of them / how many unusable expansions is it possible to have currently?

Current breakdown of available expansions:

Initial space: 2x3=6 blocks;
Obtainable from the Tech Tree: 43 blocks;
From provinces: 60 blocks;
Buyable with Premium: 29 blocks.

Total: 138 versus 12x11=132 (maximum space currently available on the city map).

Presumably things will even out by "endgame" (Chapter 14):

Initial space: 2x3=6 blocks;
Obtainable from the Tech Tree: 45 blocks (43 current + 1 for Ch.13 + 1 for Ch.14);
From provinces: 60 blocks;
Buyable with Premium: 33 blocks (29 current + 2 for Ch.13 + 2 for Ch.14) [the number of Premium expansions is equal to the maximum level of the Main Hall in the latest Chapter].

Total: 144=12x12= full size of the city map.

Last edited:

Silvianar

I like it. I may not finish but I'll try. If I get to complete maybe I'll build maybe I won't. I didn't with a couple of others

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Current breakdown of available expansions:
Buyable with Premium: 33 blocks (29 current + 2 for Ch.13 + 2 for Ch.14) [the number of Premium expansions is equal to the maximum level of the Main Hall in the latest Chapter].

Where did this come from? The wiki says 27 premium expansions are available from the start. I don't see any added for maximum level of the Main Hall either. Maybe because I have all available expansions plus 6 waiting from provinces plus 1 from the tech tree coming. IDK? Also interested by choice of words "endgame". Where did that come from?

Archlist

The Wiki page about Expansions hasn't been updated with the info on Elementals, so the additional 2 Premium Expansions and 1 Tech Tree Expansion aren't listed there yet. The cap on Premium Expansions increases as soon as a new Chapter is released, so if you bought Premium Expansions after the Elementals came out, you've already reached your new cap. You can easily calculate how many of these Expansion you have, by subtracting from your city space the original 6 blocks, 42 Tech Tree Expansions and any Province Expansions you have placed (assuming you have obtained all 60 of them and have 6 left over, you have placed 54). The number should be 29 if your counter for placeable Premium Expansions says 0.

I used the word "endgame" for Ch.14 because that's how far the current game logic can go on (one Guest Race specializing in each standard good: Dwarves in Steel, Fairies in Silk, etc). The game files which contain the parameters of all in-game buildings also stop at values of Ch.14. I certainly hope the game will continue to evolve after that point, however it's not clear yet what kind of development it will be.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
In my game there has been no premium expansions available for a long while and they are still grayed out where you purchase them since I started Elementals. IDK but maybe they stay grayed out if there is nowhere to put them. Of course that doesn't stop me from getting the "sales" for premium expansions :rolleyes:

SoggyShorts

The cap on Premium Expansions increases as soon as a new Chapter is released.
[the number of Premium expansions is equal to the maximum level of the Main Hall in the latest Chapter].
I just checked, and S&D account with zero premium has 29 available. Elemental account with 1 premium has 28, so this seems to check out.
In my game there has been no premium expansions available for a long while
Did you buy all 32 premiums back when they were 2k diamonds each? If so you might not get any new ones until chapter 14 when MH level is 33

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I just checked, and S&D account with zero premium has 29 available. Elemental account with 1 premium has 28, so this seems to check out.

Did you buy all 32 premiums back when they were 2k diamonds each? If so you might not get any new ones until chapter 14 when MH level is 33

Good to know. Maybe I will have premium expansion available when they expand the expansions available. I think you might have edited out the second part of the quote but it showed up when I clicked reply. Anyway, I don't remember what they cost but I did buy them before they changed how much they cost. I was very happy I did when they raised the price so much :cool:

Archlist

Anyway, I don't remember what they cost but I did buy them before they changed how much they cost. I was very happy I did when they raised the price so much :cool:

Oh yes, I completely forgot about the possibility that the Expansions could have been bought before they introduced the cap. So it's totally possible to have more than the current maximum of 29.

Last edited:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Oh yes, I completely forgot about the possibility that the Expansions could have been bought before they introduced the cap. So it's totally possible to have more than the current maximum of 29.

I definitely hit a cap where it grayed out before they raised the price of them.

Archlist

In this case, it seems you've already bought and placed all 33 Premium Expansions envisaged for the 14 Chapters of the game. One can only wonder what direction the game will take after that, but judging from the devs' comments on this subject, it won't involve enlargement of the playable city area (as we've known it so far) beyond 12x12 blocks.

Last edited:

Meira the Kind

not sure if it's just a glitch in my game or an actual issue. I"m on the last quest of the contest but will not be able to finish because it will take me 6 + days to scout enough provinces to get 20 encounters. It is not allowing use of the tournament for encounters. Very frustrating.

SoggyShorts

not sure if it's just a glitch in my game or an actual issue. I"m on the last quest of the contest but will not be able to finish because it will take me 6 + days to scout enough provinces to get 20 encounters. It is not allowing use of the tournament for encounters. Very frustrating.
Each province has 8 encounters, so you only need to scout 3 of them.... how long does 1 take for you?

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
n this case, it seems you've already bought and placed all 33 Premium Expansions

There would have only been 27 available first year I played according to the wiki. I'm pretty sure it is still grayed out because I have all available number (11x12) of expansion to be placed plus some I cannot place yet from exploring the map.

Each province has 8 encounters, so you only need to scout 3 of them.... how long does 1 take for you?

I had been scouting & doing the encounters for marble only getting ready for Elementals so that I would have 700% boost. I ran myself out of scouted provinces so I needed 3 to finish the event. That took me 7 days. Glad I looked forward to see what was coming since encounters are always scouted provinces only!

Last edited:

DeletedUser6892

I agree w/the prize thing... they make the quests challenges per level in tech tree; the event bldg seems it doesn't come close to matching the level i am in compared to the amounts of goods needed for quests (based also on the level I am in). I did event for ME, practicing strategies & newly learned tips, had some space for small workshops & tier 1 bldgs. BUT build/delete--sorry, sell--build & sell, it's getting old & tedious & I enjoy this game. It did keep me busy as I get impatient with length of time it takes & amount of population lately(in fairies) for building upgrades, filling tech blocks with KP, etc... elvenar's powers that be had mentioned I believe that some changes will take time that need to be done to get the events working out the way they should... if memory serves, may have read in one of recent updates or mobile info somewhere here in forum.

May be mistaken; anyway, I have more fun just rolling with the changes since do enjoy the game; like my FS groups, fun building my little town into a city, & if get too frustrated, I take a break! Though the ggame is my break from RL(real life) lol, keep smilin! :) k4k