• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Tale of Gaelagil and Burukbrak feedback

DeletedUser20396

I'm still at 13 out of 33, because I helped all my people, then I worked on it, and then it said do neighborly help 3 time. :rolleyes:;) I scouted three more provinces so I could. :)

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I'm still at 13 out of 33, because I helped all my people, then I worked on it, and then it said do neighborly help 3 time. :rolleyes:;) I scouted three more provinces so I could. :)

That would have taken me a week.

I thought it was a good mini event.
The choice between doing regular encounters or 5X tourny encounters is a good compromise solution to that common complaint. It can get a little brutal if you have to do 15 5th or 6th round provinces. But, there has to be some challenges or where's the fun?
I like that crafting is now included as a task. Though I wouldn't want too much of that.
Also I saw a comment earlier that may confuse some newer people.
"Use two catalysts" does not mean you have to craft twice. It means you have to craft something that uses at least two.

That's about all I have.
Thanks for the avocados.

shimmerfly

No complaints here except my own goof up forgetting to disconnect my bldg. upgrades before I went to bed. :oops:
So I'm not quite finished but I enjoyed it.
It was much better having the "OR"'s in this one so I have to agree with the the muck on that one. :eek:
upload_2019-2-9_11-43-11.png

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I have to agree with the the muck on that one

*note to self* rethink position

You don't even have to go through with it, you just have to start it. :)

I've never tried cancelling a craft in case it doesn't return the catalysts.
So this is good to know.
Though I suspect if it becomes over used they'll change the task to
"Craft any item"

DeletedUser20616

As a new player who is just starting Ch.3, i had to stop at the "collect 300 spell fragments" quest. It's just not worth losing the few boosts i've earned. I hope inno can do better in the future because these are not friendly newbie quests.

Last edited by a moderator:

Risen Malchiah

As a new player who is just starting Ch.3, i had to stop at the "collect 300 spell fragments" quest. It's just not worth losing the few boosts i've earned. I hope inno can do better in the future because these are not friendly newbie quests.
Acquiring spell fragments would have no impact on your boosts. You could break spells or any other items you may have obtained. Spells can be acquired in tournaments, sometimes in neighborly visits, and making them in the MA doesn't use your boosted relics.

But if you think 300 is bad, there's a quest not too far beyond that which asks for 900. That one I think is excessive.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I just got around yesterday to looking at the quest list and I am very glad I did. There is no way I would finish this in time if I had not "cheated" and looked, and I am in Elementals. For a shorter, normally more beginner-friendly type of quest, this one is a surprise and is definitely the worst I have seen for time-consuming tasks. I started playing back before the Wonky Walter's mini-quest and have never failed one or failed to finish with several days to spare. Right now, I am having to sit and wait til the next tournament starts on Tuesday just to do the "12 encounters or 60 tournament encounters" task because scouting two more provinces for 12 encounters would take over two days per province. The only benefit to sitting and waiting for that is I can make the 24-hour and 9-hour productions ahead of time

Sometimes I wish the task list was not allowed to be shared before it starts on the normal servers, just so all the braggarts who finish in a day or two would actually have to do some work in the game for a change. Oh, the horror of it all! lol

Chrizty

Am I the only one who thinks the baby's are cute? lol
I thought this one was easy,I like it cause it has a mix of everything to do in it,
I'm on 25, loved the crafting in it, I have 2 pages of buildings from past events and FAs I will never use, so turning them into fragments to turn into something I will use is awesome! and getting a time reducer for it is even better...so I guess hording is not such a bad thing after all....haha

kctanzen

300 spell fragment requirement I could see being reasonable, especially since there is one shortly after asking for using 2 catalysts.
In a shorter duration event like this, having a 2nd step requiring 900 fragments may be a stretch for many folks. That is quite a lot of spells to disenchant and not much time to collect them from tourney provinces.

Chrizty

You dont have to disenchant just spells, you can also disenchant buildings in your inventory from past events and FAs, and you get more fragments from a building than a spell. ;)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Well, players relatively new to the game are probably not going to have a Magic Academy higher than level 2, so that means a lot more disenchanting for them than for those of us who have a level 5 MA.

Also, for people stuck on the 300 or 900 spell fragments tasks, if you already have fragments in your inventory, just craft new items and then disenchant those to get some of your fragments back. Then repeat til you complete the task or run out of fragments or catalysts.