• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Tale of Robert Redbeard

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Having back-to-back quests to gain relics and solve encounters means scouting 3-4 provinces, or more. Scouting takes long unless you have Instants to speed it up, or you spend diamonds.
The simple fix for this is to scout 3-4 provinces before an event starts. I always always keep 3-4 provinces scouted and ready to clear for events. Likewise I also keep enough goods or troops to clear those provinces if I need to. A city building game requires planning and budgeting.

The best part about setting up your city for events is that once you do it just one time, you can start finishing events in just a couple of days, meaning you have much longer before the next event starts to re-prep your city.

There is a diamond-free path to success in all events, but you need to be prepared.

dikke ikke

I realize these events are set up to make the game more interesting but also to generate money for InnoGames. When there’s a building that is beautifully created, I don’t mind spending diamonds to put this building in my game. But I do mind when the only way we can complete an event is to spend diamonds.

Having back-to-back quests to gain relics and solve encounters means scouting 3-4 provinces, or more. Scouting takes long unless you have Instants to speed it up, or you spend diamonds. If you only have Very Hard and Hard provinces left on the World Map, they are difficult to fight so you end up negotiating, depleting your city of goods.

Placing these quests back to back and at the end of an event can make it almost impossible for some Elvenar players to complete the event. If you run out of goods to negotiate, your fellowship and neighbors are low on goods too so you can’t trade, and you’re running out of time to complete the event, what do you do? Spend diamonds for the goods? Not me, not anymore. I stop participating in the event. If anymore future events are set up with back-to-back quests to gain relics and solve encounters, I think I’ll take my family to Disney World.

I’d like to think we players are being appreciated by InnoGames. Those of us who spend hours playing and those who spend diamonds help keep this game running. Elves and Humans who have become ArchMages to create fellowships are contributing to this game by helping players understand how to play Elvenar.

It’s a door shut in our faces when we accidentally delete a building, and find out Elvenar won’t help us get this building back. This just happened to me. To get ready for Part 2 of Redbeard's Event, I was using the Sell tool to delete 2 baby Marble Manufactories when I noticed the Grounds of the Orc Strategist was gone. There was no DELETION CONFIRMATION. If there was, I would have stopped. I asked Support for help getting this building back. They are forwarding my feed back to the development team for their review.

If you ever accidentally delete a building, be aware that because of their strict policy on replacing removed buildings, Elvenar only replaces buildings if they are purchased using premium and/or an event grand prize as a one-time credit.

If all your provinces are hard and very hard, you must have overscouted in the past. I just made it thru part 1 and with 22 encounters to solve in the 2nd part I will need 3 provinces to be scouted at 48 hours each, it is going to be close again. But until now I still manage to play without spending real money on the game. I am near the end of chapter 11 and all the provinces i scout are medium so the fights are still ok.

Tauriel Dragonwood

If all your provinces are hard and very hard, you must have overscouted in the past. I just made it thru part 1 and with 22 encounters to solve in the 2nd part I will need 3 provinces to be scouted at 48 hours each, it is going to be close again. But until now I still manage to play without spending real money on the game. I am near the end of chapter 11 and all the provinces i scout are medium so the fights are still ok.
You're doing great dikke ikke! Keep it up. I did overscout but then Elvenar changed the battle system and added a feature where you need Orcs to trade so I have really slowed down my scouting. It seems when you're too far ahead of the storyline, you will have problems. It's getting difficult not to overscout with the quests that ask you to Gain Relics or Solve Encounters. As long as you have good neighbors and your fellowship to trade with, you always have the option to negotiate. You'll be trading a lot because negotiating takes a big chunk out of your goods supply.

DeletedUser14960

well i am back again to say i made it through part 1

I managed a couple of workshop upgrades which in turn helped me upgrade a couple of residences which led to more upgrades which were part of the quest and just about fit the space i had available .

It was very tight on space and resources right down to the wire .

I am going to try and prepare a bit for part 2 if there is enough time .

by scouting a couple of provinces and leaving them ready and just going to grind out supplies like crazy this next week .

just hope we have enough time to prep and be a bit more ready this time

Am not that impressed with the building etc just glad i managed to complete the quest

Thankful for good neighbors

Keith

SoggyShorts

Since it's supposed to start the following Monday, I'm not sure how that is possible. it should be a week from today
I can't seem to find that information-- On beta it started 24h after part 1 ended.
Inno seems to have a very different idea of what terms like "Soon" "a short break" and "weeks" mean compared to most people, so it's hard to be sure.

DeletedUser5800

Since it's supposed to start the following Monday
Where did it say following Monday? It was a 24hr break on beta and the last 2 part event had 24hrs between parts on live. Did I miss something?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14960

If its a week cool

If its 24hrs then I am screwed

I thought I read somewhere it was a week between part 1 and part 2

It just gets better and better LMFAO

DeletedUser5800

If memory serves, the last 2 part event on beta had an extra FA slipped in between for testing reasons, and PT2 was launched on live without any Beta testing
Edited... so much drama I forgot some of it. It also got postponed a day on live back then... ;)
Even if it said following Monday somewhere, wouldn't that be today in Germany and tomorrow here... how does time work? LOL
Monday 9:33 PM there now so I guess not. :oops:
But I still never saw anything about Monday anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6085

When looking at set buildings, the set bonus should be considered.
Since you are in the last chapter, even if you want to ignore the silk,culture, and pop that the set gives you, consider the seeds.
930 seeds per day for 15 squares is actually very awesome.
To get that many seeds you would need to clear 35 more provinces, or gain at least 7 AW levels. (if you don't collect seeds 5x a day then you need even more AW levels)

From what I can see of the seed costs in chapter 12, the redbeard set might be the best prize ever for chapter 11 players.

I get seeds from the trader. I have no problem with having enough, now that everything has been built. You need those seeds for building the Halflings farms and field, and upgrading them. Beyond that, I've not seen a need for them. If it were giving mana, I might go for it. :)

dikke ikke

You're doing great dikke ikke! Keep it up. I did overscout but then Elvenar changed the battle system and added a feature where you need Orcs to trade so I have really slowed down my scouting. It seems when you're too far ahead of the storyline, you will have problems. It's getting difficult not to overscout with the quests that ask you to Gain Relics or Solve Encounters. As long as you have good neighbors and your fellowship to trade with, you always have the option to negotiate. You'll be trading a lot because negotiating takes a big chunk out of your goods supply.

I did not reach orcs yet when that feature was introduced, but i remember the forum was buzzing with unhappy players. I kept my scouting withing the GLZ until i reached Orcs, since then I scout ring by ring being at ring 14 now I have to do medium fights until i reach elementals, then my scouting should go back to easy. With 373 provinces conquered I confirm I am doing great :D

DeletedUser13913

I was Very frustrated with this Adventure. I only completed 20 stages and ran out of time despite my best efforts. I think this adventure was almost impossible for players in the middle. Or players who don't or can't buy diamonds.I wish there was a way to look at all up coming task and pick the ones we can do. This gives us a chance to build and save for the task we can't do at that moment. I've been playing almost every day since summer. I just didn't have space to expand 4 buildings. Please Reply

DeletedUser5800

I wish there was a way to look at all up coming task and pick the ones we can do. This gives us a chance to build and save for the task we can't do at that moment.
You mean like this? ;)

Spoiler: Part 1 Quests Confirmed on Live

1 Spend 1 Knowledge Point
2 Buy 1 Knowledge Point
3 Gain a small amount of coins
4 Gain a small amount of supplies
5 Produce Bread 5 times
6 Produce Simple Tools 25 times
7 Produce Beverages 40 Times
8 Produce Bread 20 Times
9 Gain 18 Relic
10 Train 200 Units
11 Produce Advanced Tools 10 times
12 Spend 18 Knowledge Points
13 Buy 16 Knowledge Points
14 Gain a decent amount of coins
15 Train 300 Units
16 Gain a decent amount of Supplies
17 Produce [T1 boost 9 hrs] 6 times
18 Produce [T1 boost 3 hrs] 10 times
19 Produce [T1 boost 1 day] 4 times
20 Scout 1 Province
21 Solve 12 Encounters
22 Upgrade 4 Buildings to Level 5 or Higher
23 Produce Simple Tools 30 times
24 Produce Basket of Groceries 13 times
25 Gain 20 Relics
-----The End-----

Note: Quest 17&18 are in reverse order than usual.
Source: @SoggyShorts
See More at: https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/robert-redbeard

Spoiler: Part 2 Quests 1 Produce Beverages 5x
2 Move 1 Building
3 Gain a small amount of Marble
4 Gain a small amount of Steel
5 Gain a small amount of Planks
6 Produce Marble Mosaic 2x, Produce Precious Ring 2x, Produce Wooden Figurines 2x
7 Produce Decorative Pillars 1x, Produce Warrior Mask 1x, Produce Wooden Chest 1x
8 Gain a decent amount of Marble
9 Gain a decent amount of Steel
10 Gain a decent amount of Planks
11 Produce Beverage 50x
12 Produce Bread 30x
13 Produce Basket of Groceries 10x
14 Upgrade 6 Buildings to Level 4+
15 Gain 14 Relics
16 Solve 10 Encounters
17 Research 1 Technology or Upgrade 1 Building to Level 16+
18 Spend 13 Knowledge Points
19 Gain a good amount of Coins
20 Buy 11 Knowledge Points
21 Produce [T1 boost 3 hrs] 7x
22 Produce [T1 boost 1 day] 4x
23 Produce [T1 boost 9 hrs] 3x
24 Gain 16 Relics
25 Solve 12 Encounters
26 Train 500 Units

SoggyShorts

I just didn't have space to expand 4 buildings
nerdrage.jpg
For the "upgrade x buildings to level y" quests it's generally fastest and easiest to build a new level 1 marble factory.
For more tips on events, there is a link in my signature.