• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The wonderful "produce all" box

satchmo33

1. The "produce all" box was a wonder to behold when it was first implemented.

2. Issue: It is placed on the general production box just under the "close box" button.

3. Problem: The extreme nearness of the box and button often results in mistakenly hitting the "close box" button instead of the "produce all" box. This is very frustrating for the player and wastes their time and energy. (I know that I am not the only player inconvenienced by this).

4. Fix: Simply move the "produce all" box to the center of the tab line at the top.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
@satchmo33 you can turn it on permanently as a default in the Advanced Settings ->Accounts.
image_2022-06-19_103759887.png

satchmo33

@iamthouth: I'm aware of that toggle. I still wish to choose when to "produce all".

So: how do we know if our Suggestion has been "approved" for submission to the devs?

Zoof

@iamthouth: I'm aware of that toggle. I still wish to choose when to "produce all".

So: how do we know if our Suggestion has been "approved" for submission to the devs?
When you believe the discussion part is done and you want it to move on to the voting stage, you gotta mention helya with the @ thing requesting for it to move on.

It'll be at that point in which, if approved, the wheels of bureaucracy begins to grind forward. Bring some WD40

iamthouth

Tetris Master
@satchmo33 you can still choose to turn it off by unticking when starting productions, it is a balance I guess between what you do most. If you need to touch it doesn't remove the proximity to the close X, but can reduce number of times you do it.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
When you believe the discussion part is done and you want it to move on to the voting stage, you gotta mention helya with the @ thing requesting for it to move on.

It'll be at that point in which, if approved, the wheels of bureaucracy begins to grind forward. Bring some WD40

Or backwards. Or not at all. Depends.

AJ

satchmo33

@helya: please move this along. Thanks.
(Alla this advice about what "I" should do. Seems to me to be an exquisitely simple fix for the devs to do.)

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
@helya: please move this along. Thanks.
(Alla this advice about what "I" should do. Seems to me to be an exquisitely simple fix for the devs to do.)
The select all box was moved from the center purposefully because it was interfering with some other things. If you'd like to request it be moved to another location, feel free to update your initial post and we can put it to a vote.

satchmo33

Well, the select box was always in that same position at the far right. It was never in the center. It was never moved. This is such a nit-picky thing, but an annoyance nonetheless.

My initial post stands just as it is. I believe that it says it all - succinctly and with a direct request.

(sorry Helya. I respect you a lot, but this time you're just not proceeding as per the "directions" for posting suggestions)

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
My initial post stands just as it is. I believe that it says it all - succinctly and with a direct request.

(sorry Helya. I respect you a lot, but this time you're just not proceeding as per the "directions" for posting suggestions)
Because I cannot forward the idea as you currently have it listed. Please amend and let me know when you are ready.

Flashfyre

Not sure I see the problem. Judging from this pic, the box is not technically under the Close button; it seems to be far enough away to not be hit accidently.
Screenshot 2022-06-25 20.14.36.png

Zoof

Following the link, reposting the picture of what helya posted regarding why the checkbox was moved from the center of the panel:

index.php

Anyhoo. Perhaps a way to help this problem out is to allow the checkbox to be selectable not just by clicking the actual box, but anywhere within the area set aside for the control (like in a typical Windows Win32 API-driven interface)

1656213349418.png

Don't believe me? Go find an old-style Windows UI, the likes of which you might find in the Device Manager or in the System Properties dialog (Advanced System Properties) and find a checkbox. Clicking the associated text will also toggle the checkbox. Some of the space to the text's side might also be clickable, which also shows you how lazy/efficient the developer of that app was in creating the boundaries for that control

Last edited: