• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Woodelvenstock Festival is here!

Tauriel Dragonwood

@Nyrva I love dragons. They are beautiful, majestic creatures. Dragonwood is a perfect name for a wood elf, especially one who knows how to use a bow. Let me know when you get around to publishing your work. I'd love to read it. I'm working on a children's book. When I stop fooling around, some day I'll have it published and bound.

Nyrva

Each buildings costs Diamonds, depending on which chapter you are in. And it will cost you Diamonds every time you move up a chapter and want to upgrade - unless your fellowship has opened ten chests which would give you a Blueprint, which is worth an upgrade of one building.

Does that mean you need a blueprint for each "magical" building you place? If you have 2 houses do you then require 2 blueprints for example? And thanks.

Nyrva

@Nyrva I love dragons. They are beautiful, majestic creatures. Dragonwood is a perfect name for a wood elf, especially one who knows how to use a bow. Let me know when you get around to publishing your work. I'd love to read it. I'm working on a children's book. When I stop fooling around, some day I'll have it published and bound.

Thank you. Yes I've been working on the fiction for some time now. A lot of the back story. There's some aspects of that I'm looking to shore up on a bit. I did borrow a lot of things from real world concepts and so forth. But there's a long war between the Wood and Forest Elves (cousin races, some cultural differences), and the Drow/Dark Elves. So my character is one of the lead characters and survivors of the war, but most of her clan was destroyed. The cost and horrors of war, but some good things happen too.

Edit: I would also add that my icon is from Skyrim. However the character is 100% mods from the race to the eyes and hair. The hair is not quite what I have in mind, similar bangs and "side burns" but very long flowing hair, down to her butt rather than braided. But I use the character in some games and RP also such as this.

skyrim-nyrva-9sep2017-4-icon-1_zpsjlcppe4s.png

This "Skyrim" version is based on my own original work. If only we could use custom pictures for the game I'd probably use this. But I'm sure they have their reasons. lol!

nyrva-lookingup2012rvsd-face_zpskczn7ldx.jpg

I'm no "Rembrandt" but I like to draw here and there. I've always been more of a cartoonist though, hence the style.

The children's book idea sounds good. I hope you are able to make it work. I need to get busy and finish my own story.

What I find amusing on Elvenar here is having "Wood Elf" style towns and culture, yet the elves look like "Drow" rather than "Wood Elves". I always thought the Wood Elves had human-like flesh tones (peach, tan and brown shades, etc.) and that the Drow had the blue, grey, purple, green, or black skin (charcoal black) and lived in the Underdark or cavernous environments. I also pictured "Snow Elves" for example having literally snow-white skin shades. But even World of Warcraft does kind of a switch up with their elves, their "Wood Elves" looking like "Drow" again (the "Night Elves"). So go figure. :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser9759

I got all the grand prizes and every Woodelvenstock building. One to go tonight. I really liked these a lot but now I'm feeling a bit of a let down. I know that I will have to sell them off when the new chapter starts. I'm pretty excited about the cats! Just a bit bummed that my Woodelvenstock stuff will have to go so soon.
I share your pain. I'm hoping to hang on to mine at least until the winter event.

Laochra

@Nyrva , Am I seeing correctly that you only have 4 workshops in your city? How are you surviving? I have always had no less than 10 workshops per city, and now in Fairies, I am only upgrading 5 of them now. I rarely need to use enhancements on them. :D

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Does that mean you need a blueprint for each "magical" building you place? If you have 2 houses do you then require 2 blueprints for example? And thanks.

Yes. That is the weak point of magical buildings for those working on a limited budget. They give a massive advantage space-wise when you first place them - but every time you chapter up you will need to spend more Diamonds or Blueprints to upgrade them.

That is great if you belong to a Fellowship that routinely does ten Tournament chests.

Otherwise, it is like buying a cat that only eats caviar.
:)

Nyrva

@Nyrva , Am I seeing correctly that you only have 4 workshops in your city? How are you surviving? I have always had no less than 10 workshops per city, and now in Fairies, I am only upgrading 5 of them now. I rarely need to use enhancements on them. :D

Progress is slow. But I'm really not sure how many of each building to have- not to mention the crystal, scrolls powder, elixir and gems, are requiring more expensive materials for upgrades. I'd probably have to spend money for diamonds to add all the plots. (I think that's exactly what the devs want.)

Plus with the mystical lakes, lindworm and festival merchant producing tools, never sure how many more I should add.

Screenshot%20from%202018-08-06%2019-58-11_zps2pkgzpdj.png

I did attempt to bolster my population and culture. But from what I can see it will require a lot of spending for diamonds to get my overall score back up out of the 16000s. I am near the end of Chapter III. but I think I am reaching the point of "endless diamond purchases" to continue playing, so don't know what I can really do, I admit.

Last edited:

DeletedUser5521

I am reaching the point of "endless diamond purchases" to continue playing, so don't know what I can really do, I admit.
This is actully an "imaginary" point Nyrva. Many of us never buy diamonds and have progressed as far as we can in the game, waiting for the next addition to the tech tree/guest race chapters. So my (unsolicited) advice is: don't allow yourself to feel pressured to buy, only buy if that is what you really want to do. And if you don't want to or can't afford to, just allow the game to roll out at the pace you are able to set, and enjoy yourself! And if you haven't already done so, see if you can join a Fellowship that can trade those goods with you so you only have to build your boosted goods manufactories, and not ALL of them, as it sounds like you have from your post. I don't know what your situation is in your world, so you may feel that you need all those, but usually if you have a balanced Fellowship or are fortunate to be in a good trading neighborhood, you can save a lot of space by producing only your boosted goods, and trading for the rest. Happy gaming to you! :)

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Why would it be necessary to sell them? Just mere space issues?

Yes it is all about space. The way I play is that I have all of the Ancient Wonders, all blue houses & workshops, 8 of each T1-T3 manufacturing for trades & tournaments plus my "must have" premium culture. The only space I have left, even with all available expansions, I use for events. I don't need the event buildings since not many of them are all that great for my kingdom and take a lot of space. The result is that every time there is a new chapter the event buildings have to go to make space for the new guest race. It is all about what is important to each player and their individual play style.

DeletedUser12171

I am reaching the point of "endless diamond purchases" to continue playing

This is true only if you cannot wait for things. Many have reached end game without spending a cent. As for myself, I spend selectively, out of an "entertainment budget" so I don't overspend. My recommendation for diamond spending on a budget would be to get at least L4 Magic Academy and L4 builders hut, followed by a few premium expansions (as many as you think is reasonable) and a few magic buildings. The MA and BH are especially helpful and trust me, down the road you'll pat yourself on the back for getting them

A good place to start would be to read Mykan's guide in the help section on these boards and start reordering your city based on the recommendations there. An alternative is available on the gamersgemsofknowlege website (Google it). There are, of course, many routes to the same destination, but what's in those guides is generally optimal, tried and tested. So, since you're just starting out, they'll probably be the best guides for you for a while

Last edited by a moderator:

Nyrva

This is actully an "imaginary" point Nyrva. Many of us never buy diamonds and have progressed as far as we can in the game, waiting for the next addition to the tech tree/guest race chapters. So my (unsolicited) advice is: don't allow yourself to feel pressured to buy, only buy if that is what you really want to do. And if you don't want to or can't afford to, just allow the game to roll out at the pace you are able to set, and enjoy yourself! And if you haven't already done so, see if you can join a Fellowship that can trade those goods with you so you only have to build your boosted goods manufactories, and not ALL of them, as it sounds like you have from your post. I don't know what your situation is in your world, so you may feel that you need all those, but usually if you have a balanced Fellowship or are fortunate to be in a good trading neighborhood, you can save a lot of space by producing only your boosted goods, and trading for the rest. Happy gaming to you! :)

This is true only if you cannot wait for things. Many have reached end game without spending a cent. As for myself, I spend selectively, out of an "entertainment budget" so I don't overspend. My recommendation for diamond spending on a budget would be to get at least L4 Magic Academy and L4 builders hut, followed by a few premium expansions (as many as you think is reasonable) and a few magic buildings. The MA and BH are especially helpful and trust me, down the road you'll pat yourself on the back for getting them

A good place to start would be to read Mykan's guide in the help section on these boards and start reordering your city based on the recommendations there. An alternative is available on the gamersgemsofknowlege website (Google it). There are, of course, many routes to the same destination, but what's in those guides is generally optimal, tried and tested. So, since you're just starting out, they'll probably be the best guides for you for a while

Thank you for the input, I certainly value it and take into consideration. What I meant by my statement "I am reaching the point of "endless diamond purchases" to continue playing" -- the demand for large amounts of resources to complete research, negotiations, etc. where it becomes so great, that eventually paying for diamonds becomes "necessary" to overcome this problem. My city is surrounded by "Very Hard" zones, armies cannot be defeated, and negotiations to expand a new province are extremely costly.

Meanwhile I'm trying to ease up. I think my problem is I'm to progress too fast, and I don't have enough production of the base, and "boosted" materials so I'm trying to change that. I think I've been too gung-ho on trying to progress quickly. This isn't that kind of game, so that's my fault there.

Here's a link to a page that might help:
https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/city-balance-buildings
Start at that page to answer some of your immediate questions, then poke around the site a bit. There's loads of good info there!
There's also a section of Mykan's Guide here in the forum you might find interesting:
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/mykans-guide-town-design-by-era.4546/

Thank you for the information. I will definitely check it out and look at the guides.

Yes it is all about space. The way I play is that I have all of the Ancient Wonders, all blue houses & workshops, 8 of each T1-T3 manufacturing for trades & tournaments plus my "must have" premium culture. The only space I have left, even with all available expansions, I use for events. I don't need the event buildings since not many of them are all that great for my kingdom and take a lot of space. The result is that every time there is a new chapter the event buildings have to go to make space for the new guest race. It is all about what is important to each player and their individual play style.

Yes, I definitely understand. Just seems l like you can get some really cool buildings on here but then have to give them up to make space for some others. But I gladly dispatched the "stretched carriage" I won today. It was kind of an eye sore against everything else. The 600 culture was nice but I have other culture buildings that provide a secondary benefit of one kind or another- generating tools, gold, adding population, etc. To me those seem to be the ones to favor for "culture" buildings.

DeletedUser12171

@Nyrva if all your provinces are very hard, all you need to do is not explore until your squad size and advance scout techs catch up. IMO medium and below is manageable but it depends on your appetite for pain and how desperate you are to clear provinces

If you look at the "advanced scouts" tech at the end of your current chapter, there is a minimum no. of completed provinces needed to unlock it. Things should be fine as long as you explore within 10% or so of that number

Tauriel Dragonwood

@Nyrva Your wood elf is quite beautiful. Maybe the different variation of colors for elves, I would guess, may come from elves mixing in with other clans. But their environment does play a big part in the color of their skin.

Drizzt Do'Urden, the legendary hero of the North in Forgotten Realms, has dark skin but stark white hair and beautiful lavender eyes, instead of the Drow races typical red. When he left the Underdark and started living above ground, his eyes must have changed from the bright light of the world above.

Makes you wonder how their babies would look if Kili and Tauriel from Lord of the Rings had married. I hate it when writers kill off characters you fall in love with. They must do it to pull at your heart strings.

Regarding the basics for building a prosperous city, in Winyandor, I only have 4 Workshops but they are leveled very high. Some event buildings from the March of the Herds Event produce supplies and a few Ancient Wonders also give me supplies. With additional buildings providing supplies, I don't need to build so many Workshops.

The Tome of Secrets provides supplies per scout and additional knowledge points.
The Golden Abyss provides gold and population. Except for residences, each upgrade requires population. You don't need to build so many residences if you keep upgrading your Golden Abyss. This frees up more land for you to build on.
The Endless Excavation provides supplies and additional relics per province.
Prosperity Towers also provides a boost to supplies.
Elvenar’s Wiki is where to go for anything re Elvenar you need to know. https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Ancient_Wonders

To avoid major problems on your journey through Elvenar, look what I’ve found for you to read.
This hint from the Wiki Forum you should heed.

Hint: It is advisable to scout only the amount of provinces needed for the next chapter in the research tree. The cost for fighting or trading to complete the province will increase with each newly scouted province. In later provinces you will need Orcs to trade.
https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=World_Map

As I was searching for some instructional videos to help my friends learn the basics of building an Elvenar city, I came across Platinum Leaf’s Elvenar Basics – The 10 Golden Rules of Space Optimization (Parts 1 & 2). Thought I’d share what I learned. Here are the links.

P.S. Having such few Workshops can be a problem for me when events come around
but leaving free space around my city to build Tier 1 Workshops helps complete quests I've found.

DeletedUser17667

I hate it when writers kill off characters you fall in love with

I love it. Without loss, there is no true value, no profundity, to what is won. But you're right, that's the nature of storytelling. :D

And you have to admit, at least Jackson gave Fili's and Kili's deaths real meaning...the way Tolkien wrote it, there was little appreciation for their sacrifice. Like Boromir in Lord of the Rings. ;)

My city is surrounded by "Very Hard" zones, armies cannot be defeated, and negotiations to expand a new province are extremely costly.

I train troops constantly, and upgrade my barracks and armories as often as I can. It's also good to have a few armories, as space allows.

DeletedUser6892

In Ch 2 you should be able to submit a ticket to support and have them cancel it for you. You won't get the tickets for it, but you'll be able to continue with the remaining quests.
I wasn't able to get back to forum to say this is how things went for me! I have found that support has been very helpful since I began this game; although not all of us may not have experienced such good help.. I really hope so as it is a positive place to go for the help needed! & I was happily surprised that they took the quest out; not overly bothered by missing tickets. I have learned to be patient unless really want or need something to wait for the double days! And just as others have posted - i have usually been able to get all 3 grand prizes.

The only place unable to do this was in my chapter 2 town; my 'vacation' (LOL) or practice town, starting over. The biggest problem I noticed, (there were a couple): the quests that call for many goods or workshop buildings & quest is for various amounts & various hours... there is just not the little spaces to stick temporary buildings or time to do with existing buildings already in the new smaller towns. At least that was the experience of myself & a couple others who also noticed this. So, although it is taken in to consideration the various levels & amounts of say 'sacks' of coins or supplies based on chapter; there are still things that need some tweeking. All in all I enjoyed the new changes in this event & had fun. (my main goal to play a game!).

Oh yeah, another gamer came up on #78, also in chapter 2, right near the end of double goo! Though wait was short for answer from support; was unable to do the quests all set for before the doubles ended - BUT they did give the tickets & let the quest be skipped!! Wish they did for me , but not that big of deal - the fact that this was the solution; a good solution I thought was great!!

So have fun, keep smilin, & guess it's time for another FSA (FellowShip Adventure)... I barely got my town(s) cleaned up but ... having fun so keep playin.. if get a bit frustrated, just walk away, then always I come back, smilin! =) K4k

DeletedUser6892

@Nyrva Your wood elf is quite beautiful. Maybe the different variation of colors for elves, I would guess, may come from elves mixing in with other clans. But their environment does play a big part in the color of their skin.

Drizzt Do'Urden, the legendary hero of the North in Forgotten Realms, has dark skin but stark white hair and beautiful lavender eyes, instead of the Drow races typical red. When he left the Underdark and started living above ground, his eyes must have changed from the bright light of the world above.

Makes you wonder how their babies would look if Kili and Tauriel from Lord of the Rings had married. I hate it when writers kill off characters you fall in love with. They must do it to pull at your heart strings.

Regarding the basics for building a prosperous city, in Winyandor, I only have 4 Workshops but they are leveled very high. Some event buildings from the March of the Herds Event produce supplies and a few Ancient Wonders also give me supplies. With additional buildings providing supplies, I don't need to build so many Workshops.

The Tome of Secrets provides supplies per scout and additional knowledge points.
The Golden Abyss provides gold and population. Except for residences, each upgrade requires population. You don't need to build so many residences if you keep upgrading your Golden Abyss. This frees up more land for you to build on.
The Endless Excavation provides supplies and additional relics per province.
Prosperity Towers also provides a boost to supplies.
Elvenar’s Wiki is where to go for anything re Elvenar you need to know. https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Ancient_Wonders

To avoid major problems on your journey through Elvenar, look what I’ve found for you to read.
This hint from the Wiki Forum you should heed.

Hint: It is advisable to scout only the amount of provinces needed for the next chapter in the research tree. The cost for fighting or trading to complete the province will increase with each newly scouted province. In later provinces you will need Orcs to trade.
https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=World_Map

As I was searching for some instructional videos to help my friends learn the basics of building an Elvenar city, I came across Platinum Leaf’s Elvenar Basics – The 10 Golden Rules of Space Optimization (Parts 1 & 2). Thought I’d share what I learned. Here are the links.

P.S. Having such few Workshops can be a problem for me when events come around
but leaving free space around my city to build Tier 1 Workshops helps complete quests I've found.

*I will definitely have to find time to review this information. I am finding that no matter how I work it; the quests keep wanting new buildings, needing more space & so far don't see how to prevent scouting when can do nothing without another expansion which are scarce in research for early chapters. My larger cities have overcome this problem, once I was way overscouted I didn't scout at all for many months, am just barely caught up but kinda got excited w/event!
Also, found more than once my new small town went from a medium ring right to very hard; skipped right over hard including changing some provinces that were easier to a more difficult level... is this how it is in early chapters or did I hit a glitch I could've asked help for? Oh well, it is just a game but some of these instructions & helpful videos and articles were not so easy or obvious to find when I first began this game almost 2 years ago. It still sounds like one has choice of being a trader or doing battles but my game improved when with help found a good combo of both works much better!

TY for listening, have fun, great wknd and keep smilin!! k4k =)

DeletedUser6892

I have 17 daily prizes that is a record for me so I did well. I didn't try to go after the grand prizes can't see a reason to have them .

I found that I won grand prizes anyway but ... had actually played event whether I finished it or not .. to get the 'little' rewards. Ya know those boost/instants that werent very well like in the beginning? I luv them; am learning different ways to use to best advantage & not just (esp w/time boosts) to get something done quicker! Coins &/or Supply refills have helped when would have to wait a day (give or take) & difficult to refill without proper spells (can't make spells if run low or out of the relics that are used!) Time boosts are my favorite, esp if time is important & I'm not just impatient! The KP instants have saved or actually seem to have helped me gain or better maintain my KP - I use the KP from bar mainly for research & the KP instants mainly for donating to Ancient Wonders! And without always trying the rewards keep popping up, keepin me in KP instants and rune shards if placing high enough!

I guess all things have their use at various points in game; finding the best use of various items, letting go to make improvements. I know not everyone liked the wishing well! Real Life prevents daily regular game play but still earned over 100 diamonds... & never was there anything that I couldn't use, if not as useful as some items ... it also varied! So hope, good or bad feeling re: different things w/event & rewards, among other things this shows another point of view!

I still find it hard to delete buildings I've earned in an event quest but esp those I paid for with diamond I really paid cash for! They are taking up space but I like them... saw suggestions long while back if paid for buildings &/or earned buildings could be put in another tab in inventory, old summonings or whatever they would call them. Besides just liking them, money spent, earned, well, they could come in handy .. just for short fixes then put back when another comes along... I regret deleting some event buildings as may have been too soon and am having a hard time in some areas of tech, currently the orc chapter in one of my worlds!

So much for my quick comment but don't always have the time to get here & like the various opinions/feedback/tips/and questions! Every bit helps! TY for listening & a great wknd to all! keep smilin! K4k =)