• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Woodelvenstock Festival is here!

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
quest 38: upgrade 1 building to level 14 or higher. Please explain to me, so I can explain to my newbies in Arendyll, how those who are only on chapter 2 or 3 can complete this quest. Hardly seems fair to the newer players to be halted at this point because they don't have anything the can upgrade to that level.

One of my players got an answer from Support - if you ask they will cancel this one for you, if you really can't do it. And there will be a different quest # 38 when the event goes live.
:)

DeletedUser3468

One of my players got an answer from Support - if you ask they will cancel this one for you, if you really can't do it. And there will be a different quest # 38 when the event goes live.
That's good to hear! Just checked my newer players in our Arendyll teaching Fellowship and the highest upgrade that over half of them have reached is level 7. Another few who are in chapter 3 (or 4) have level 10 - 11 as their highest. Only the top 3 in our Fellowship will be able to handle a level 14 upgrade!

DeletedUser188

To be honest I think it was actually an exploit, and I shouldn't have done it.
I will start by saying congrats job well done
Don't beat yourself up over it you did nothing wrong and you didn't exploit anything
The devs are fully aware of diamond farmers from FoE (the game that inno 1st introduced WW)
Players have been farming diamonds on that game for over 3 years
In that game all diamonds earned are shared across your account same as Elvenar
If they didn't want players doing what you did they would never have introduced the WW in the 1st place
Knowing full well that players would get the chance to win multiple WW in many cities
They did put a limit on the amount by making the WW reward last only 100 days
That tells me they don't want players to infinitely farm diamonds but its okay for 100 days
On a side note my WWs in FoE earned me 7500 diamonds in the last 100 days what was your total here

DeletedUser3602

I love those Color Coded Quest Lists TomatoeHu always makes, but weren't the quests on live going to be different from the ones on Beta this time?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3602

I think they meant that Live will get 2 questlines right from day 1, unlike Beta. There will probably be some little tweaks as well like alternatives for "upgrade to 14+"

Oh, okay! That would be great. I started preparing anyway (using the list from Beta), thinking the quests couldn't be thát different on live, but would be even better if they turn out to be (almost) the same, :)

DeletedUser16914

After reading through the forum and passing on info of the Event, I have 2 questions.

1) Is this Event going to be available to mobile users?
2) can iPad be used to play both website version and app version of the game in general?

DeletedUser15476

I am sure this isn't where I need to ask but I'm having a difficult time. I cannot get to questions in the forum. It is only loading the history not the current discussions. This up coming Woodelvenstock... can I play on an iPad? and, where can i find a discussion about where/how to best plan even given the tasks?

Many thanks.

P.S I recently could not even get to the forum at all and Inno Support never responded. So maybe I am just half fixed?

DeletedUser1016

This has been posted as a possible text error on Beta since marble and steel in the same quests say produce 2 times, and the collected window next to planks fills after collecting the produced planks twice, leading us to believe it should read "produce planks 2 times", not 5. It will hopefully be fixed before going live :oops::rolleyes::confused:

I've completed #29 and 36 on Beta - they only required 2 of each tier 1. The text in the game is wrong for planks (the text says to produce 5 planks, but the quest completes after only 2). Of course, they could change it to require 5 planks before it hits live just to match the text.
Ahhh....that makes sense! It seemed odd that it was specifically "planks" and not boosted tier-1 or produce all @ 5? I think I'll chance it and only prepare for 2 planks each....it makes a big difference when preparing in advance....and a lot less confusing.
Thanks guys -

Last edited by a moderator:

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
After reading through the forum and passing on info of the Event, I have 2 questions.

2) can iPad be used to play both website version and app version of the game in general?

The event will be available to mobile users - but as yet they will not be able to donate Ancient Wonders Instants to friends;

Ipad can be used to play the browser version in conjunction with the App - by downloading the Puffin Browser app - which is a FlashPlayer emulator, and allows you to play the browser game on a mobile device.

It is slower, but has full features.

hvariidh gwendrot

any special combos to look for or tips to better wins on the tickets/chest/ slot machine game that beta figured out ?? edit add ) .. on the topic of tickets if i blaze through my 100 sequential quests does it reset for tickets ? or i can only get tickets (free that is of course) for chest slot machine from day quest and ticket drops in to city from then on ? if tickets are limited would it be better to skip meh daily prizes and save for the better ones or is it better to spin daily type of strategy ? mostly wondering how many tickets i have to work with here

Last edited:

Arayla

1) Yes.
2) In general, yes. There are still limitations in the mobile/app version that present challenges. In-game messages aren't implemented yet on mobile, which makes it is more difficult to communicate when looking for a FS and when in a FS. For the solo-player, it is also isolating because they can't see any nice messages from their neighbors saying thanks for the trades or would you like to join our fellowship.
I use my iPad or phone daily to do visits and play the tournament. I use my browser for pretty much everything else (collections, chat, messages, AW donations to others) unless I'm not near my computer.

Arayla

Maybe this has already been mentioned, but I'll add it anyway.

There is a change to the collection of grand prizes.

When you click a rotating chest, you will receive a certain amount of goo. When you have enough goo for a grand prize, it will add that grand prize to your inventory right then.

If you are finishing the research for one chapter and wanting to collect your grand prizes in the next chapter, you cannot wait to collect your grand prize anymore. The only way to control it is to not collect enough goo (so if you have almost enough goo to collect a grand prize, stop clicking on the rotating chests until you finish Advanced Scouts in the next chapter). (Yes, it appears that the next chapter starts when you begin the Advanced Scouts research, but the next chapter actually begins when you finish the Advanced Scouts research.)