• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Woodelvenstock Festival is here!

DeletedUser8192

Event quests have gotten better over time, but they're not quite there yet in my opinion. Scouting has been diminishing over time, and conquering provinces I don't think is even asked for anymore. These are both good things! I think the next thing to go should be upgrading buildings. To put it bluntly, it's counter-intuitive to ask players to NOT upgrade their buildings as quickly as possible when on paper there is nothing but benefits for doing so. However, this is exactly what event quests do. Sure, there's a workaround in building temporary buildings, but why is this becoming an expectation of gameplay not only from the developers, but some of the players as well? Any player who plays the game normally, with their buildings maximized and not much space to build anything new is essentially slapped across the face whenever these quests pop up. To me, it's no different than the events of old when players would routinely flock to the forums to complain whenever event quests would pop up asking them to scout or conquer provinces that were well beyond what has now been established as where they 'should' be.

Alternatively, keep the quests but add alternative methods for completion. 'Upgrade x buildings to level y or higher' OR 'Have x buildings at level y or higher', with the latter most likely having higher requirements would be a simple way to achieve this.

I actually had to scout 2 provinces just to complete the 10 encounters. Then the list goes on from there..Forcing the scouting has not sown down, and it imbalances everything just so they can force diamond usage, by forcing lengthy waits for scouting..(sorry, no diamond usage here)

DeletedUser5521

it imbalances everything just so they can force diamond usage
Perhaps it encourages diamond usage, but it certainly doesn't force it. Diamond usage is, and has always been, a personal choice, and like you, Seachant, I choose not to, other than the diamonds I have been rewarded in game (and those I have used to upgrade my Magic Academy). My scouts take 78 hours to get home. It's a pain to wait, so I always just make sure that I have some unconquered provinces out there in the wastelands, just in case I need them. Do I think they should change the "complete encounters" quests? Yes I do. Have I ever been forced to spend a diamond on an event? Nope. :oops:

DeletedUser8192

Perhaps it encourages diamond usage, but it certainly doesn't force it. Diamond usage is, and has always been, a personal choice, and like you, Seachant, I choose not to, other than the diamonds I have been rewarded in game (and those I have used to upgrade my Magic Academy). My scouts take 78 hours to get home. It's a pain to wait, so I always just make sure that I have some unconquered provinces out there in the wastelands, just in case I need them. Do I think they should change the "complete encounters" quests? Yes I do. Have I ever been forced to spend a diamond on an event? Nope. :oops:

Yes lets' not use the word "force",,,,

DeletedUser12171

The age old accusation of diamond force-age strikes again. I can see why it feels that way, but really, the whole game revolves around the concept of free to play but pay for boosts so what do you expect.. Even standard progress thru the game is like that. You just don't think it that way because there is no big incentive to finish it quick. If they put a prize on finishing chapter 12 and linked it to a countdown timer, people would be saying they are forced to spend diamonds to get that prize too

As far as the event is concerned, you have 30 days to finish it and you should be able to finish scouting 2 provinces within those days so I honestly don't think you need to buy diamonds unless you don't want to wait

Last edited by a moderator:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I just played a treasure chest and it said I'd won a Monopteros, but I can't figure out how to build it or get it onto my land. Can somebody explain where to find it? I'm very low-level -- only started playing 2 days ago -- so that may be the problem.
At the bottom of the screen in-game is an icon that looks like a scroll that says 'Inventory' if you hover over it. Click there and a window with tabs comes up. Click on the 'Summonings' tab and all buildings you win will be located there.

DeletedUser5521

I just played a treasure chest and it said I'd won a Monopteros, but I can't figure out how to build it or get it onto my land. Can somebody explain where to find it? I'm very low-level -- only started playing 2 days ago -- so that may be the problem.
Click on your Inventory Tab to open..
Inventory1.jpg

..click on "Summonings"..
Inventory2.jpg

..and you should find it. Then just click on it to place in your city :)

EDIT: @samidodamage beat me to it! But I got pictures lol :p

DeletedUser8192

The age old accusation of diamond-force-age strikes again. I can see why it feels that way, but really, the whole game revolves around the concept of free to play but pay for boosts so what do you expect.. Even standard progress thru the game is like that. You just don't think it that way because there is no big incentive to finish it quick. If they put a prize on finishing chapter 12 and linked it to a countdown timer, people would be saying they are forced to spend diamonds to get that prize too

As far as the event is concerned, you have 30 days to finish it and you should be able to finish scouting 2 provinces within those days so I honestly don't think you need to buy diamonds unless you don't want to wait

Read through and see my response to Aramina ;-)

Tauriel Dragonwood

I do think there's too many buildings that give some form of coins, supplies, tier goods, but that's because I like to min-max. I'd much rather just see lots of pop/culture buildings.
I most absolutely agree. After the rebalancing, I only have about 100 citizens. Someone who has been explorin' Elvenar for three years can't level up their buildings with such a small amount of citizens, and if the Orcs & Goblins have not arrived, they can't even level up their Workshops because they need Orcs to lift the heavy machinery.

DeletedUser1349

Woodelvenstock event storyline quest # 84 gain supplies ~ 44,400 supplies for me. It is not giving me credit for the supplies I get from regular declinable quests, only direct supplies from workshops.

On the earlier quests like #68, #44, #28, #19, #2 it did didn't it?

I'm crying and this will take forever now!

EDIT ~ I even used a supply refill instant on one of the earlier quests.

DeletedUser5521

It is not giving me credit for the supplies I get from regular declinable quests, only direct supplies from workshops.
No, sorry Nevarth, you don't get credit on quests for supplies earned as rewards for other quests. Besides Workshops Productions, you can use supplies gained in Neighborly Help Visits, any supply giving Ancient Wonders or Event Buildings, and Supply Instants to complete the quest. If you have Power of Provision spells in your inventory, you can throw some on your workshops to make collection go faster :)

DeletedUser1349

Ok, perhaps so. It was probably using the instant & visits that made me think I was getting from the declinables also. I also over-reacted a bit. Only took 2 more hours to complete it.

EDIT ~ I guess it makes sense Inno would not count them. I almost get more supplies by microing my declinables then I do from my actual workshop hehe!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Someone who has been explorin' Elvenar for three years can't level up their buildings with such a small amount of citizens, and if the Orcs & Goblins have not arrived, they can't even level up their Workshops because they need Orcs to lift the heavy machinery.
Maybe, just maybe...someone who has been playing for 3 years should know better.:rolleyes:

DeletedUser17455

I finished the sequential quests last night. I really enjoy doing the events with the relevant spoilers as a guide, so that I can queue up the 1 day builds a day ahead of when I expect to need them. I think I would enjoy the events less if there were not spoilers available, because of the number of quests that involve a 9+ hour build. If you start them ahead of time, then it feels like a planning/optimization activity. I remember my first event, the Phoenix Cult, ground to a halt for me at some point (with like, a giant upgrade quest or something) and that kind of felt like an anti-climax.

At the same time, now I'm left with just the daily quests... I think in the future I will try to pace myself so that I finish in 20 or 25 days rather than 10.

I'm only on chapter V but I'm really curious what changes in the chapters to come that makes people feel like they are forced to use diamonds, or feel like they can't just throw up 30 level 1 workshops. Are the requirements of the later chapters really that fierce? (if so, I'm stoked!)