• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Woodelvenstock Festival is here!

DeletedUser17284

is there a work around for quest 78? I have a second account that is not far enough along to upgrade to lvl 14. if it truly is upgrade to 14 or higher, I'm through with the event as that isn't happening.... :(

DeletedUser9247

Well...I've just spent all my tickets. Got 10 mana huts- won't complain there. However I'm not even halfway to the 2nd grand prize. I wasn't counting tickets to much but overall must have had about 5K...It used to be that I'd have the 2nd one after my spend-all-tickets day with no double days or anything. Why suddenly our efforts in doing the quest are not being rewarded?! It's like everything in this game- beating you down and down, giving less and less for more effort...for the first time since I've started playing this game I feel like saying I hate you developers!

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
is there a work around for quest 78? I have a second account that is not far enough along to upgrade to lvl 14. if it truly is upgrade to 14 or higher, I'm through with the event as that isn't happening.... :(
I've heard that if you are not yet where you have unlocked a tech to be able to upgrade to lvl 14, support will help by completing the quest for you (you don't get the tickets for it, but they clear it so you can continue in the quest line). This would apply to players in Ch 1 & 2 and early Ch3. If you have completed the tech in Ch3 for the main hall upgrades, that will allow the main hall to go to lvl 14. In my baby city, I thought that's what I'd have to do (if I could upgrade enough residences to get the pop for it!). But, I unlocked the Ch4 armory upgrade tech and was able to take one armory from lvl 10 to lvl 14 with close to the same pop it would have taken for me to go from lvl 10 to lvl 11 in the Main Hall. Since the armory upgrades are faster, it took about the same amount of time as the Main Hall would have taken for just that one lvl upgrade to 11, too!

Tauriel Dragonwood

What I love about the events are the artistic and animated event buildings, especially if they give population. Also the "Gain Relics" quest because it motivates my fellowship to compete in the tournament. Hopefully it's open when we get to this quest.

What I hate about this event is it has been draining on my city’s economy. My citizens are working day and night trying to keep up with the goods demand. Would you believe I started this event with about 100,000 goods and now I’m left with around 2-3000 goods? ‘Tis true. If it wasn't for the Instants, my coins and supplies would be dwindling too.

DeletedUser17284

I've heard that if you are not yet where you have unlocked a tech to be able to upgrade to lvl 14, support will help by completing the quest for you (you don't get the tickets for it, but they clear it so you can continue in the quest line). This would apply to players in Ch 1 & 2 and early Ch3. If you have completed the tech in Ch3 for the main hall upgrades, that will allow the main hall to go to lvl 14. In my baby city, I thought that's what I'd have to do (if I could upgrade enough residences to get the pop for it!). But, I unlocked the Ch4 armory upgrade tech and was able to take one armory from lvl 10 to lvl 14 with close to the same pop it would have taken for me to go from lvl 10 to lvl 11 in the Main Hall. Since the armory upgrades are faster, it took about the same amount of time as the Main Hall would have taken for just that one lvl upgrade to 11, too!
thank you so much. I will contact support and see if they will let me skip that one.

DeletedUser18555

Ok new question (sorry)

I have completed Chapter 3 today.. But the prizes I can see are still level 3 not four (mana hut and Main stage) since I started this event on level three will I be locked in to level 3 prizes all the way?

Thanks!

DeletedUser14866

Hi, does anyone know if there will be another double goo day coming up? Or do they only do one of those per event? Trying to decide if I should hold onto my tickets to try to maximize my take, or just spend them now.

DeletedUser3468

This is my only complaint about the event so far. And, yes, I did see the reply about contacting support and having them get you past the quest. My point is - We shouldn't have to file a support ticket to complete an event! They should be set so that even those who are in chapter one can finish all of the quests. (My guess is that they figure that those lower level players won't get that far anyway.) Simply doing what they did with quest 60 and adding "Research one technology" to the quest would have been sufficient to make it possible for everyone, no matter what chapter they were in, to complete the quest. They chose not to do this with quest 78 and I seriously doubt they've added that "Research one technology" option to the later quest to upgrade a buliding to level 16. I'm in chapter 3 in my teaching town on my second account and, although I'm not happy about the lack of alternatives for quest 78, I am able to complete it by upgrading a residence. All I needed to do was to place trades for T3 goods needed for the upgrade and it was a chance to show my newer players how to let Fellowship members know that you A) need to do a cross tier trade to complete an event quest & B) let the members know that you need it to be a zero or one star trade. (I know, that seems like a no brainer but we've been over the same ground simply explaining how to do this without it getting through to them. Hopefully giving them an actual example will work better.) And, yes, it also let my people who are in chapter 3 see that this quest is doable. The ones that are still only in chapter two are out of luck if they get that far unless they file a ticket with support though, just as I will have to if I want to get past the "Upgrade a building to level 16" if they don't give us lower level cities a viable option. :(

Now on to the happy stuff... I'm still loving the instants!!! I'm loving that I now have wishing wells for all but one of my second account cities - hoping I'll get more when it comes up again. I like some of the buildings, though they won't be staying long, they are fun to have for a bit. (I think the porta potty a.k.a. smallest room is going to stay though! ;))

DeletedUser3468

The ones that are still only in chapter two are out of luck if they get that far unless they file a ticket with support though, just as I will have to if I want to get past the "Upgrade a building to level 16" if they don't give us lower level cities a viable option. :(

Why am I quoting myself? It's to correct an error in the above statement. The next Upgrade a building to level 18 (not 16) is the very last quest and it already has an alternate. Very happy about that and, with much help from my Fellowship I have been able to (nearly - last upgrade is done in a couple hours) complete the upgrade to level 14 in one of my 2 baby (chapter 3) cities and, once I have some more goods to work with, will probably be able to complete it in my second (chapter 3) baby city. (currently working on the first of the upgrades that requires T3 goods that I can't yet produce because I haven't finished the research. Hopefully my Fellowship will be equally helpful in obtaining the even larger amounts of T3 needed for one of the later upgrades to take it all the way to level 14).

My main complaint about this problem still remains... that lower level players should not have to file a ticket with support just to get past a quest that should have been set up better in the first place. They should not have to miss out on points they could have earned if this quest had given a viable alternative to the upgrade that players in chapter one or two cannot do!

While it's a good thing that support will get them past that undoable quest, it is not a good thing that they are forced to miss out on the points they could have earned if the quest had been designed with all players, new and long standing players, in mind. I'm not even saying make it easier! I'm saying don't make it impossible to do at all! Players in chapters one and two have nothing they can upgrade to level 14 and it is unfair to them to say "It's ok, file a support ticket and we'll get you past it but you don't get the points." It would be equally unfair to everyone else who is able to complete this quest, for those chapter one and two players to have support get them past that quest and allow them to get the points anyway. The only fair thing for every player would be to offer an alternative as was done with the other upgrades that are beyond chapter one and two player to complete!

DeletedUser17694

This is my only complaint about the event so far. And, yes, I did see the reply about contacting support and having them get you past the quest. My point is - We shouldn't have to file a support ticket to complete an event! They should be set so that even those who are in chapter one can finish all of the quests. (My guess is that they figure that those lower level players won't get that far anyway.) Simply doing what they did with quest 60 and adding "Research one technology" to the quest would have been sufficient to make it possible for everyone, no matter what chapter they were in, to complete the quest. They chose not to do this with quest 78 and I seriously doubt they've added that "Research one technology" option to the later quest to upgrade a buliding to level 16. I'm in chapter 3 in my teaching town on my second account and, although I'm not happy about the lack of alternatives for quest 78, I am able to complete it by upgrading a residence. All I needed to do was to place trades for T3 goods needed for the upgrade and it was a chance to show my newer players how to let Fellowship members know that you A) need to do a cross tier trade to complete an event quest & B) let the members know that you need it to be a zero or one star trade. (I know, that seems like a no brainer but we've been over the same ground simply explaining how to do this without it getting through to them. Hopefully giving them an actual example will work better.) And, yes, it also let my people who are in chapter 3 see that this quest is doable. The ones that are still only in chapter two are out of luck if they get that far unless they file a ticket with support though, just as I will have to if I want to get past the "Upgrade a building to level 16" if they don't give us lower level cities a viable option. :(

Now on to the happy stuff... I'm still loving the instants!!! I'm loving that I now have wishing wells for all but one of my second account cities - hoping I'll get more when it comes up again. I like some of the buildings, though they won't be staying long, they are fun to have for a bit. (I think the porta potty a.k.a. smallest room is going to stay though! ;))

DeletedUser18647

I have a question regarding the set buildings and hopefully someone can help out. I read somewhere that the set buildings values do not change - I'm currently in Chapter II, and there are buildings that give out supplies in Chapter II, magical goods in Chapter III. So does this mean if I acquire the buildings now, they'll always give supplies and not magical goods even when I level up?

Thanks!

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I have a question regarding the set buildings and hopefully someone can help out. I read somewhere that the set buildings values do not change - I'm currently in Chapter II, and there are buildings that give out supplies in Chapter II, magical goods in Chapter III. So does this mean if I acquire the buildings now, they'll always give supplies and not magical goods even when I level up?

Thanks!

Yes that is correct. It will stay giving out the supplies, coin, etc that were applicable to the chapter you are in at the time you win them.